Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
Girls Open Pandoras Box, Now Boys Lining Up to Play on Girls Teams
    #6102647 - 09/26/06 10:51 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.winnipegsun.com/News/Manitoba/2006/09/26/1899628-sun.html

The Pandora's Box has opened.

At least half a dozen boys have asked for a chance to try out for girls' high school athletic team since the Pasternak twins won their controversial human rights' case last week.

"The ruling has definitely had an impact," said Morris Glimcher, executive director at the Manitoba High School Athletics Association (MHSAA).

Independent adjudicator M. Lynn Harrison ruled last Friday the MHSAA was guilty of gender discrimination when it denied Amy and Jesse Pasternak an opportunity to try out for the boys' hockey team at West Kildonan Collegiate.

In her ruling, Harrison doubted her decision would open the floodgates for boys to start vying for spots on girls' teams. Her ruling only applies to girls wishing to play boys' hockey, she said.

But Glimcher has already talked to six boys who want equal access to girls' teams.

--------------------
:awesome:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGeneephurr
Amazing
Female User Gallery

Loc: Bore-bank.
Re: Girls Open Pandoras Box, Now Boys Lining Up to Play on Girls Teams [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #6102664 - 09/26/06 10:56 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

If the guys are just excited to watch girls change then they're in for a big suprise. I was on my high school's color guard team for three years and we had 12 girls and two boys...and the boys really stopped caring about our bras and underware after the first week.

There's just something about being bone tired and disgustingly sweaty that makes you unattracted to the people you work out with for 5+ hours a day.

Edit: After reading the article, it said that they don't have a boys' team. So would having a coed team even allow them to compete like they regularly would? Or would the boys just play with the girls and against other girls' teams? OR maybe the school could just help fun a city-wide boys' vollyball team (as there probably just isn't enough interest for every school to have one). That seems like a better option than making the teams a free-for-all.

--------------------
"Man's real life is happy,
chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so."
- Edgar Allan Poe

Edited by UniqueName (09/26/06 10:58 AM)

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Girls Open Pandoras Box, Now Boys Lining Up to Play on Girls Teams [Re: Irishdrunk]
    #6102757 - 09/26/06 11:25 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This one is in my hometown.  Horrible ruling.  My little city is torn down the middle about it.  What makes these girls think they're so damn good anyway?  How arrogant of them to say they're too good for the girls team.  If you're that good, then play for your high school team, kick everyone's ass, and you'll always be playing at the highest level of hockey available to you.  I mean, it's just fucking high school.

Why do people insist on bending over backwards for the malcontents? What if I want to use the girls' washroom because the men's room is too dirty?  Is it my 'human right' to do so?

:enraged:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Girls Open Pandoras Box, Now Boys Lining Up to Play on Girls Teams [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6102904 - 09/26/06 11:59 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, question then - is it really illegal for a man to enter a womens washroom? or, is it just sort of a 'code of conduct, but not legally enforced?'

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6102991 - 09/26/06 12:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Those bitchass twins need a smack in the face.

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #6102999 - 09/26/06 12:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, I've been waiting for something like this to happen for a long time, I knew it was coming. I want to join the women's naked pillowfighting league!

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Re: Girls Open Pandoras Box, Now Boys Lining Up to Play on Girls Teams [Re: DNKYD]
    #6103183 - 09/26/06 01:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Those bitchass twins need a smack in the face.

:naughty:

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

Re: Girls Open Pandoras Box, Now Boys Lining Up to Play on Girls Teams [Re: kaniz]
    #6103458 - 09/26/06 02:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i hope not, i do that quite often when the other one is locked

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #6103668 - 09/26/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Rofl let them play. they will get their faced kicked in.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Girls Open Pandoras Box, Now Boys Lining Up to Play on Girls Teams [Re: Scarfmeister]
    #6103788 - 09/26/06 03:11 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yeah i wrestled for a couple years in high school.. i thought it was terrible to be forced to wrestle girls.. mainly i was afraid i was going to hurt one. like it goes against all the principles your thought as a young man "never to hit women".

just my opinion as a former high school athlete.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #6103814 - 09/26/06 03:15 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Girls are good at that. That's why it was Pandora's Box and not Joe's Box; although there is always, "Eat at Joes"...

It's like Eve and the apple; the revelation of the knowledge of opposites, and the fragmentation of the eternal into isolated units defined by the mathematical cycle of the sixty -- original sin, the fall from grace, etc. -- is often blamed on a woman in patriarchal cultures, which tend to view heaven and earth as distinct and separate entities...

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#6106420 - 09/27/06 09:10 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah the girls got cut from the boys team yesterday. Too good for the girls team, not good enough for the boys. Nice job alienating both teams.

--------------------

Offlinedruqs
ALKALOIDOHOLIC
 User Gallery
Re: Girls Open Pandoras Box, Now Boys Lining Up to Play on Girls Teams [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6106811 - 09/27/06 10:57 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

women are rubbish at stuff

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
    #6106813 - 09/27/06 10:57 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

OfflineGeneephurr
Amazing
Female User Gallery

Loc: Bore-bank.
    #6106821 - 09/27/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
Yeah the girls got cut from the boys team yesterday.  Too good for the girls team, not good enough for the boys.  Nice job alienating both teams.

Hahahahaha.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Man's real life is happy,
chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so."
- Edgar Allan Poe

InvisibleIrishdrunk
Democracy? We Deliver!!!
Male User Gallery
    #6115412 - 09/29/06 12:40 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
Yeah the girls got cut from the boys team yesterday.  Too good for the girls team, not good enough for the boys.  Nice job alienating both teams.

Yah that was funny that they got cut after all that work :grin:

Now to see if the boys get cut from the girl teams :crazy2:

--------------------
:awesome:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder