Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

What to do when you don't care
    #6099157 - 09/25/06 04:29 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i'm kind of in between rejecting the life society sells

and not entirely feeling the motive to go an ascetic route to cultivate spirituality.

wondering about integrating "spiritual practice" into daily living like i have been, but it's the daily living that's a drag... school and the realization that school is a conformity factory...... not really caring about the whole "get a job" side of existence..........

then wondering what to do because i'm not satisfied with relationships.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (09/25/06 08:28 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: What to do when you don't care [Re: leery11]
    #6099616 - 09/25/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I hear you man.  I feel like I'm getting out of a huge bog I've been stuck in for a while.  I felt like I was stuck in a god forsaken label..and nothing I could do could change it..because that was me.  Which would exempt me from activities..and even feelings... 

Well.. I'll tell you one thing.. nothings coming in there for you to pull you out.  You need to put some effort into it.  focus on little things first.  In my experience.. I don't set huge goals.. because I give up to easily.(or perhaps loose focus)  What I do is set little ones. (and this is pertaining to social issues) My first one was start making eye contact with people.  Start to greet people more.  I started to find there is no difference between them and me...  and I also found out how important social connections are for mental health and well being. 
The next thing I found was a lot of the "labels" I thought people had me under where more in my head then anything.  This became clear as I started expressing deeper feelings and getting normal responses from them. 

Also..  physical health is a huge factor in in your motivation for getting these goals accomplished.  I'm not talking about getting buff .. but being healthy can really help keep the mind clear and help build a healthy self esteem. 

Good luck!  Set goals.  If you want to change.. you will.  There are really now rules.. and don't let the thoughts of others hold you back from change.  :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What to do when you don't care [Re: Toddo]
    #6100244 - 09/25/06 08:29 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

the eye contact thing is good.

i do that sometimes.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #6100480 - 09/25/06 09:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

well rejecting the life society sells just because its the easy way out wont get you anywhere in life. most people that do this, never really get the motivation to do all that much in life

Now actively rejecting the life society sells, and taking your life in a very dedicated direction will get you somewhere.

soudns to me like you need to get yourself in a good place, figure out what youre doing with school, with life, and then worrying about any woman issues.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: What to do when you don't care [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6101198 - 09/26/06 12:11 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Since when did feelings become more important than logic? =)

Start breathing. See what happens.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: What to do when you don't care [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #6101870 - 09/26/06 06:42 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you could become a sociopath, and play along with all of society's games, while living in your own world inside where you're normal and everyone else is abnormal. Try it, its fun!

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#6102038 - 09/26/06 07:31 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'm borderline 'not giving a fuck' at the moment, problem for me is that i care too damn much so i just can't slip over that line.
This is what's causing me so many problems !!

Thing is i think i miss placed my trust in the first place, so i was probably always going to end up feeling like this.

Are you sure your not suffering from a similar thing ?.
Maybe not the trust part but i know you care, and i'll guess it's that that's getting to you.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags