Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
2 different birth control pills.
    #6098235 - 09/25/06 11:23 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, so my girlfriend wanted to start birthcontrol and was given 2 months of Aleese to start with from a gyno that she saw with a friend. Later on, she got a perscription from her family doctor for Tri-cyclen.

These are 2 different types of tablets - and we're wondering if there will be any Different hormonal reactions. EG - going through the adjustment period of constant spotting, etc.

Is this change.. safe?

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: 2 different birth control pills. [Re: PDU]
    #6108351 - 09/27/06 05:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Alesse and Ortho Tri-Cyclen are both combination birth control pills, so she will probably not experience new side effects.

For more information:

www.plannedparenthood.org

OfflineKbell
Stranger
Female

Re: 2 different birth control pills. [Re: Veritas]
    #6113418 - 09/28/06 09:45 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yasmin is pretty good.. it doesn't make you gain much weight in comparison to the others.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: 2 different birth control pills. [Re: Kbell]
    #6114227 - 09/29/06 03:32 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I would feel bad for asking a girl to get on birth control because it seems like they all have bad side-effects.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: 2 different birth control pills. [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #6116452 - 09/29/06 06:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

hobbitcg said:
I would feel bad for asking a girl to get on birth control because it seems like they all have bad side-effects.

to illustrate my situation,

She's been on birthcontrol before, and i used to ream her out about being on depo (preching the "it'll fuck you up" rhetoric) - However, one of her friends just had a painful abortion, and we have an active sex life that does not involve condoms. In our situation, birthcontrol is worth it, mutually. - she knows that its her choice and there was no pressure.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineKbell
Stranger
Female

#6117612 - 09/30/06 01:37 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

There really aren't that many bad side effects when you're regulated it's all good but when you're first getting regulated it made me sick as hell.

When you change perscriptions it doesn't really change anything as long as you stay consistant with the time and dosage. I'm not a doctor, so it may be different with other women. I've been taking them for a few years so this is just what I know.

You're doing a good thing though, if you're not using condoms you should to use some sort of birth control method. She should be fine.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #6123564 - 10/02/06 06:42 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

> Is this change.. safe?

I donno, but be careful with any prescription drug, even birth control pills. I had a good friend in college that lost his wife a few weeks after they got married due to birth control pills. She got sick and he took her to the hospital. The doctor in the ER said nothing was wrong with her and sent her home. On the way home, she died in the car. Turned out she had some kind of an alergic reaction to the birth control pills she had been prescribed. It may be a one in a million type of thing, but it certainly opened my eyes to the potential for danger in what we normally think of as safe. Something else to remember... most antibiotics will negate the effectiveness of birth control pills. Don't rely on the pill to prevent pregnancy if she is taking antibiotics.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblemipa
glutton forpunishment
Female User Gallery

Loc: are you kidding
Re: 2 different birth control pills. [Re: Seuss]
    #6124109 - 10/02/06 11:46 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

birth control sucks- take it from me! I've been on just about every kind but they all fucked up my sex drive... so I don't use anything hormonal... BUT in your case, it sounds very important you find something because you definitely don't want her to get pregnant. I don't really understand the 'we don't use condoms' thing though- I mean they suck I know... but its a heck of a lot better then messing with your hormones IMO
If you can't trust yourself to use one... then hormonal BC is all there is left I guess. For goodness sake don't keep her on depo... my cycle etc was messed up for YEARS after stopping... and I only took depo for about 3 years. The pill made me so sick it was ridiculous... and once I found one that didn't make me sick... well it messed up my drive.
Not to go to far into it but I've noticed personally that my drive cycles just the way nature intended... I get horny and hell the week before I ovulate and then for a couple days after...
hormonal birth control=no ovulation=no freaking drive at all
double yuck!

The saddest part of it was I was on birth control since the beginning of my relationship (years went by before we decided to stop the hormomnal bc)- so I didn't know I had lost my drive til I went off of it for a couple of months... the change for me was like day and night. I always had an active sex life but without the hormonal birth control I was more arroused with a LOT less effort a lot more of the time etc etc
ANYWAY- I don't think she will notice much of a change unless she had spotting etc when she went on the first bC... if she did she may have some symptoms until her body adjusts to the new hormones. Make sure any thing really abnormal she goes back to the gyn... put it this way... if she brings up a crazy symptom to you... its probably worth checking out.

--------------------
mipa

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order