Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Muscaria var. guessowii: A brief analysis.
    #6096604 - 09/24/06 07:30 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

For the past 2 years I have been looking for this beautiful mushroom. I finally came across a patch earlier in the week and gave myself the weekend off in order to experiment with it's effects. I decided to try various things after ingestion in order to get a complete perspective of how one operated under this mushroom. There are a multitude of negative reports about Amanita Muscaria, but I had to experience for myself it's effects as I it has always fascinated me.

Pre-ingestion preparation: I performed the LBRP(I utilize an atypical version) to prepare. I was going to perform the rest of my daily banishing regime, but anticipation of what was to come hindered the concentration necessary for a proper ritual. This is unfortunate as I let lust of result get the better of me, but I am a massively flawed mess anyhow.

Prep and cooking: I took one of my largest specimens, cut off the bulb, then chopped the cap and rest of stem into small pieces. I added this to 1 cup of water and simmered @~190*f for 45 minutes. I have heard conflicting info on the active content of stems. Some say to only use the caps. Some say only the skin. Some say a 3:1 cap/stem mix. I choose the latter. The mushroom weighed 60some grams fresh(these are a bitch to dry, even with desiccant) before I cut off the bulb. After I chopped everything down, I took out about another 5 grams or so as it looked like a huge amount. Overall, I'd say I ingested about 40-45g of fresh mush. There will be some people who will question the intelligence of my choice for not using a dry dosage(for weight purposes, I still cooked them for the conversion to muscimol). However, I am an explorer, and mystery is a necessary part of life. I'd say the dosage was on the small side.

Ingestion: Yummy! I really liked the smell and taste of these. Worlds better than a psilocybe in terms of taste. I ate all the mushrooms and drank all the tea. Ingestion was around 11:30pm.

Walking: I decided to take a 1 hour walk for the comeup. Surprisingly, there was no noticeable comeup at all. The effects of this drug came on very subtlety and the only things I noticed during the walk were a slightly increased depth of auditory perception and some body strain near the end of the walk. Actually, now that I recall, the increased sense of touch began to come on during the end of the walk. Touching trees and other objects felt very good, and the texture seemed more pronounced. If there can be one similarity to psilocybin/psilocin this would be it, though to a somewhat lesser extent.

Body: With all the hype about the negative body effects associated with Muscaria, I expected to be puking and pooping all over the place. Thankfully, this was not the case as I experienced no nausea whatsoever. Internally, I would'nt have known the difference if I had gobbled down a gaggle of Agaricus. Later in the trip, I experienced the intense sweating and salivation that many report. This was'nt a normal annoying sweat, however. It felt very cleansing, perhaps in the same way that many consider a sauna or sweat lodge to cleanse. There were also times when I developed brief chills, which were welcoming.

Concentration and thought: Increased concentration was what appealed to me most with Guessowii. It became particularly apparent around the 2hr mark. Concentration is an extremely important aspect of existence, and the concentration associated with a muscaria trip is something to aspire to without the use of ingested drugs. Although my thought patterns differed little from soberness, they seemed to hold little importance. Very good. "I think, therefore I am not" a wise person once said.

Visuals: No cev's were apparent whatsoever. There was a brief time when I perceived white, translucent swirls of something floating around my room, as well as spiderweb-like threads hanging about. There was no noticeable change in the appearance of color. Overall, if one is looking for visuals, look elsewhere.

Music: For musical selection, I choose Larks' Tongues in Aspic by King Crimson. Incredible music to listen to any way, but the increased concentration afforded by muscaria made it even better and more pronounced. I prefer to listen to good music lying motionless in bed, eyes closed, lights out. Although I noticed an occasional twitch, the relaxing state my body was in made this an easy task.

OBE attempt: I did'nt give this a fair shot. With the relaxing body state, suppressed thoughts, and concentration, out of body travel would seem to be an easy task under muscaria. This was not to be as, once again, lust of result got the better of me. Also, knowing that I was being influenced by a drug could have been a hindrance to any progress in this area.

Sacrifice: Ya know, I usually do not condone the sacrifice of children during, or a few days before ingestion of a psychoactive substance. However, I made an exception for experimental purposes. The effect on stimulation and sexual energy was cannabis-like. Enhanced, but not overly spectacular. Possibly something worth repeating with a partner, but not alone. I strive for another union.

Dance: I am a lame when it comes to things of this sort. However, there was a time when I had the sudden urge to dance. And so I did, and perceived a prominent water-like energy flowing through me when I did. This was the most euphoric part of the trip and completely rejuvenated my physical energy at that time. I must have looked absolutely silly to all the astral entities and such, but shoot, whatever works eh?

Sleep and waking: I have no recollection of the hypnagogic state, when I fell asleep, or the events leading up to that. When I awoke at sunrise(+7.5hrs) for liber resh, I noticed no effects of the drug, remembered nary a dream, and shortly fell back asleep. I woke again around 11. This time I had a very vivid recall of a dream. Although my recall of this dream was very vivid, it was at no time lucid, and it's contents were nothing out of the ordinary(for a dream). I keep a dream journal and usually remember 1-5 dreams, so I do'nt think that the muscimol had a large effect upon that, this time. This would have been a good time for another obe attempt, but I failed to capitalize. After waking, and until now, I feel a bit more serene than usual.

Conclusion: This was my first experience with amanita muscaria var. guessowii and one that I took a rather scientific approach to. The only reason I am posting a report is due to the lack of positive experiences reported under it's influence. All too often, someone has one or a few negative trips and automatically writes something off as pure garbage. Or, on the other side of the coin, hyper-enthusiasm sets in and one preaches to the world about the drug that will save humanity(think Leary and McKenna). I am fully aware that my solitary experience will not totally coincide with that of others, and that I myself will have conflicting experiences if I continue experimentation with A.M. Also, due to the highly poisonous nature of many mushrooms in the Amanita family, it is highly recommended that one takes the utmost care in properly identifying exactly what type of mushroom one has(as well as proper preparation) before ingesting it.

--------------------

Edited by lavod (09/24/06 09:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Muscaria var. guessowii: A brief analysis. [Re: lavod]
    #6460555 - 01/14/07 10:11 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"on the other side of the coin, hyper-enthusiasm sets in and one preaches to the world about the drug that will save humanity(think Leary and McKenna)".

Why would you even compare the two? IN ANY WAY?

Mckenna never said anything explicit about saving humanity.
He talked about simply changing it if anything.

He was also not talking about A muscaria....

Im glad you, like me, have had very interesting trips on A muscaria.
Stop talking out of your ass though. That last little bit of your report is sort of ridiculous.

If you read mckennas books, you will know that he was an artist, and clearly his philosophy is beyond the simple mind of a critic like your self.
DOnt lump things together like that, it makes you seem very simple.

You said ----->"I am fully aware that my solitary experience will not totally coincide with that of others".

DO you honestly think T mckenna was insisting that his experiences happen to all people?

Christ man..... Thats one point for you for talking shit about people so far beyond your level of comprehention(beyond your comprehension obviously).. Have some fucking respect for a dead artist, MAN...... Did you really expect his books to be pure science when he is speaking of his own experience.
Be a critic somewhere else man. Its so shitty for you to have misinformed people about mckenna like that. You do know how to read dont you? You know how to not step out of line dont you?
Do you want to know why I know that shit about you?
Sorry for seeming offended or offensive, but its only because of the last bit of dumb shit you said in your somewhat decent trip report.

So unfair...... Why dont you go write a book ya fuckin asshat!
Then people can put words in your mouth aswell.

Sorry, I understand, you must know alot more about writing and tripping than T mckenna. He didnt ask you to surpass his knowledge base you ironic bastard you.

Did T mckennas experiences one up yours? Was he lying to everybody?

Come on man.... No need to have mentioned his name if you cant be respectful and act like you actually comprehended anything he said.
That shit is open to interpretation, not insults.....

Lets go tell Van Gogh why he sucks because he was a messy painter.

Mckenna was being very diplomatic with people like yourself.
SSSSSSO sick of people acting like they could teach that genius a lesson.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (01/14/07 10:36 PM)

Offlinephish_head_wi
Stranger
    #6460794 - 01/14/07 11:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lavod said:
...hyper-enthusiasm sets in and one preaches to the world about the drug that will save humanity(think Leary and McKenna).

but acid will save humanity

Offlinemasterclam
WoodlandsApprentice
Loc: Oregon
Re: Muscaria var. guessowii: A brief analysis. [Re: yageman]
    #6460835 - 01/15/07 12:15 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Wow yageman, little bit defensive? your idol wasn't perfect, no one is; Im sure Terrence McKenna would be more than happy to accept a bit of constructive criticism, and doesn't need to be defended by you. I'm sure he would also advocate the use of a bit of Mary Jane to help you chill out. Thanks lavod for your report, its good to get both sides of the coin, since as you said so many people discount Muscaria as garbage. You just made me give trying it a second thought, but I'm worried about its toxicity; do you know much about that?

--------------------
Lie and smile and take what's mine.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Muscaria var. guessowii: A brief analysis. [Re: masterclam]
    #6460866 - 01/15/07 12:29 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I could care less what anyone thinks of that post.

What I said was obvious.

I was not being defensive. This is not about me.
If I were truely being defensive there would have had to have been some dialogue between us. There would have had to been an actual defensive measure taken. Im defending someone who deserves to not have his work be critiqued by some guy who is not parallel.
Hes talking about A muscaria for gods sake.

Im sure T Mckenna would laugh his ass off about his post as well.
Ill chill out, once I stop enjoying the fact that I like to write about this stuff at length......

"My idol", "im sure t mckenna could have taken some constructive critisism".......... Are you fucking kidding me?

Youre so right, but so fucking stupid.(kidding as usual, sort of)

Thanks for the advise.
Nevermind

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (01/15/07 12:51 AM)

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
    #6464352 - 01/15/07 11:05 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Thank you all for your time.

Note to people reading this thread- This thread is not new and is a trip report of my first experience with A.M. It was brought back from the dead due to my referencing it to someone interested in taking Muscaria. A poster in that thread has an issue with a statement of mine and in this post I will try to address any ambiguity that may be present.

Yes, perhaps I was a bit unfair to both Mr. Mckenna and Mr. Leary alike. I have read some of Mckenna's material, but I have not read ALL of his material making my statement not completely valid viewed from a scientific standpoint. I find T Mckenna to be a fascinating person and he brought a much needed awareness to psychedelic drugs and research. I have a strong feeling that what he did for humanity was not for selfish purposes, but to expand human consciousness to perceive horizons that were previously thought of unperceivable, and for that he deserves a great deal of respect.

However, I do feel that in SOME instances he tried to associate phenomena to fit his theories better. He seems to me to have lacked the criticism necesary to properly judge his experiences and consequently transmit some of his theories. Of course, not everyone's perfect and even my above statement can be viewed as totally incorrect(well, as everything is false and is only made true or false by it's relation to something else, this makes imperfect sense!) by someone who has dealed in varying degrees with what T Mckenna has put forth. An example of someone who I feel did display the necesary critique to write upon these matters would be Dr. John Lilly. However, this very benefit could have been a handicap to those people reading his books, with inadequate intellegence, in the way that they could be unable to relate his wisdom to their own experiences and quest for knowledge, whereas Mckenna seemed to create a clearer path(which is where the question of the validity of the path comes in). And no, I'm not saying that Mckenna is better suited for stupid people! Mckenna, to me, just seemed to fall into the trap of because on several occasions.

What I am about to say is very important. It does'nt matter how stupid a person might appear, how ignorant, or how enlightened. What matters is how YOU have taken what you have learned from this person and have used it to better YOURSELF. You are not to judge how you have been bettered, as this is where the ego becomes prominent, but success will speak in a language that no mortal can divine. There is no need to make quotations of Mckenna to prove me wrong(as in some cases I most certainly am). How do you, the reader of this thread, feel? What I am trying to get at is that one may feel that a cactus is a horrible, ugly plant. Yet when stranded in the desert without drink, and the water of the cactus saves ones life, the cactus may still be ugly but it most certainly created a friend! There should be no idols, only guides. Everyone is right, even though they are wrong, if they assist you in the discovery of life and death.

In the future, I might just be more careful with my "blanket statements". One more thing. I have been considered to be unparallel to Mr. Mckenna. This in in many ways correct and I'll be the first to point that out. I have many deficiencies. My literary incompetence. My slow brain(with most people, the first reaction is the best and anything after muddles, I am the opposite). T Mckenna was a well polished instrument, through which a lot of positive realities materialized. But you cannot compare two people(him and the person who posts under Lavod) without mentioning the basis of comparison. Mckenna was a much superior writer with the capability to reaching out to a much greater audience. He, having greater experience and perhaps a greater dedication to psychedelic research does not necesarily make him superior, just more believable(how I hate that word!) due to the greater recognition. Experience matters little when it is not properly utilized. The image of the wise old man has been carried through æons, but at least half of the old people I have met are but dull shadows of an illustrious past as they have failed to recognize the association between life and death. If one finds what he states rubbish(I'll point out that I never stated this, and will not) and what I state to be golden(quite rare!), then Mckenna is inferior to me, and vice versa. Please take what I have said and make it both true and false. Good luck on any endevors the readers of this thread may partake in and thank you for your time and critique.
Edit: Oh yes, about it's toxicity. You will find many varying opinions. Some good advice would be to start low and make sure that the mushrooms are properly dried/cooked. A cliche, yes, but everyone is different. I will note that I did experience slight nausea in subsequent experiments with Muscaria, though not to the point of vomiting.

--------------------

Edited by lavod (01/15/07 11:15 PM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6464447 - 01/15/07 11:48 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Its all good man..........really

You *can compare people like t mckenna to yourself. Lets not be illogical.

He likely wouldnt shit on your writing with some blanket statement when on a forum like this.....lol. I never met the guy, but he would probably not choose to trivialize other peoples "works" with a one liner...... Even if those "works" were a single paragraph.

The whole premis is just far off.... T MCKENNA was talking about psi mushrooms. You are not. Why bring him up in your trip report in such a way. I dont know why......

Its just bad writing on your part. Its unfair and dishonest if you honestly have read his works.

He was a highly useful and articulate man, and was opened to all sorts of possibilities.

His time wave model. Its interesting. Its not "correct" necessarily. He fit his own mold there.
He didnt claim it to be the end all be all of conscious sychronicity between the creative mind, history, and the future.
There is alot of substance there....
Its just an idea. He may have spent a serious amount of time on it, but he didnt claim that it was anything more than a glitch in the "system" or something he basically created himself..... He knew that in later years before he died. He thanked ayahuasca for this gift of an earth based idea about synchronicity.

Just be careful with blanket statements.

Psychedelic teachings often involve a long journey. He was no exception to the rule......

Didnt mean to offend you, really. As im sure you didnt mean to offend those who think T mckenna was a great man.

He worked with what he had and what he chose to expose himself to.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #6464488 - 01/16/07 12:19 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 01:25 AM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Muscaria var. guessowii: A brief analysis. [Re: StickyWater]
    #6464498 - 01/16/07 12:24 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

lol

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #6464508 - 01/16/07 12:29 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 01:25 AM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6464525 - 01/16/07 12:39 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I read way too far into that.....maybe a bit beyond the sacrifice of children.

This guy is either really quite funny, or a total nutter.

The sexuality/child metaphores did make him seem a bit weird.
But then again, arent we all.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (01/16/07 12:41 AM)

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #6464587 - 01/16/07 01:02 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 01:24 AM)

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6464684 - 01/16/07 01:49 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

ha ha damn kids this is too funny

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineCymbaline
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Oz
Re: Muscaria var. guessowii: A brief analysis. [Re: thedudenj]
    #6464717 - 01/16/07 02:29 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Give Lavod a break... Child sacrafices notwithstanding, as a King Crimson fan he/she can't be all bad :smile:

Edited by Cymbaline (01/16/07 02:30 AM)

Offlineslaphappy
Its just me
 User Gallery

Loc: Norway, Eidsvoll, Råholt...
    #6464730 - 01/16/07 02:46 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Why are you picking on him for stating names of people who were taking psychedelics and tried to bring ideas back to humanity ... In my humble opinion he wasn't picking on McKenna or Leary at all. You are the one who is critisizing him.

McKenna said "reclaim the world".

I'm also quite sure he said that if you eat enough mushrooms or smoke DMT *everyone* sees the gnomes, or entities, or whatyoumacall'em. (allthough I can't seem to find a quote, or the video I'm sure I remember to have seen on youtube atm)

And everything in this thread is beside the point, offtopic. By the way, McKenna said bring back middle-sized ideas that we can use to change humanity in order to save the fucking planet.

"Business as usual isn't on the menu, folks."

If you are so eager to make other people be careful with their statements, you should be careful yourself.

--------------------
The argent messenger of truth beyond truth, the antithesis of life, cruel and bleak as interstellar space, pulseless and frozen as absolute zero, dazzling with the frost of irrefragable logic and unforgettable fact.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Muscaria var. guessowii: A brief analysis. [Re: slaphappy]
    #6464791 - 01/16/07 03:38 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

the enities are always there regaurdless of how many mushrooms,dmt,meth ... you take

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #6464919 - 01/16/07 05:31 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:

If you read mckennas books, you will know that he was an artist, and clearly his philosophy is beyond the simple mind of a critic like your self.

McKenna was very special indeed. He was crazy as a lune. Some of T. McKenna's ramblings are so ridiculous that I wonder how much of it was written while he was tripping his ass off. Sure he may have had some good ideas, but he was no genius.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Amanita Muscaria Store Amanita Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds