Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineR1j27
Lil Sister. ^_^
Female
Puffballs..
    #6095230 - 09/24/06 09:31 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, I found a lil cluster of Puffballs in my backyard, and have been reading up on Puffballs... I haven't found anything stating they are psychoactive, but perhaps someone knows if certain types are?
This puffball was just about an inch to two inches in diameter and only about an inch thick. I cut it open and it was black inside (and boy was it smelly!!). It also had a THICKER consistency than Cream Cheese; which, in all the books I have read, said that the good kind needs to be the consistency of Cream Cheese. ((sorry, didnt bother taking pics cause I believe I already know the answer to this question. lol)) Outside was pure white with some dirt on it. lol
However, all these books were also on gourmet mushrooms and had very little about halluconagens... I didn't read anything on that about puffballs, except that they are edible if the right ones are found (especially the giant puffball, lordie, that'd be awesome to find one of those!)...
Anyway, I am NOT going to eat this one, it smells like the devil after a week of not showering, and I don't think it's any good, but does anyone have any information on possible psychadelic reactions with puffballs?

--------------------
If a tree falls in the middle of a forest and there's no-one around, do the other trees make fun of it?

Edited by R1j27 (09/24/06 09:32 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Re: Puffballs.. [Re: R1j27]
    #6095235 - 09/24/06 09:33 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

There are no psychedelic puffballs.

OfflineTheBotanist
Stranger
Re: Puffballs.. [Re: xmush]
    #6095830 - 09/24/06 02:01 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

There have been reports of narcotic effects from puffballs, usually associated with Lycoperdon mixtecorum and L. marginotum. Check it out here...
http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/golden_guide/g51-60.shtml

and here...

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/legal_highs/legal_highs.shtml

GI'-I-SA-WA. _Lycoperdon marginatum_ and _L. mixtecorum._ Family
Lycoperdaceae.
Material: Puffball fungus found at high altitudes in temperate
forests in Mexico.
Usage: Puffball and/or spores are ingested.
Active Constituents: Unidentified alkaloid.
Effects: Half-sleep state with non-visual hallucinations (voices,
echoes, and other sound).
Contraindications: None known.
Supplier: Some related species grow wild in USA.

I wouldn't want to find out if this is though, besides puffballs would taste disgusting.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Re: Puffballs.. [Re: TheBotanist]
    #6096114 - 09/24/06 03:56 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Very interesting. Thanks for the links. Not quite enough info there to get me to go eating a bunch of them, but it would be interesting to see a comprehensive chemical analysis.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates