Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleimthenewpope
Retard

PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM
    #6093510 - 09/23/06 03:31 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

will copes grow where PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM grow? ive been to 4 diff fields and ive found over 1000 fucking PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM, but no copes. i need a straight answer. its about to rain in the next few days and i dont want to waste hours sorting through all the PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM's trying to find a damn cope. thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM [Re: imthenewpope]
    #6093514 - 09/23/06 03:32 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

YEP! :wink:

Oh ya and once you start finding Copes.. You get a feel for the look and you wont stress about Pan An's much...

Here round Houston the Copes like the cool weather in the Fall, You will find them in the summer months but you will find more on them cool fall dew covered mornings....

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Edited by YESSUP (09/23/06 03:35 PM)

Invisibleimthenewpope
Retard

Re: PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM [Re: YESSUP]
    #6093518 - 09/23/06 03:35 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

okay thanks so much. i was starting to get discourged. i also realized that i posted 2 threads that are the same. i didnt think the other went through so i made one more. i do apologize. thanks YESSUP, you have been a lot of help in my noob hunting. just to clairify, copes grow with PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM. thanks

Offlineblackdragon5515
Stranger
    #6093570 - 09/23/06 03:56 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I wish i still lived at my old house, and that i wasnt so young when i did lol.

The house next to us had a farm, and tons of cows, i could of gone looking there, (its onyl 10 minute drive 45 minute walk from where i am now cuz of trails) but still. And We also had, duck, geese, chickens, and turkeys and 3 cows for like 5 years. I was only like 5 to 11 when i lived there though :frown:

OfflineMeat_hod
sick shit
Male

Re: PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM [Re: blackdragon5515]
    #6093589 - 09/23/06 04:09 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Now wait a minute here, i find tons of inactive pans in the fields around here, and i've never seen a cope, nor do i expect to find one up here in ontario. Basically, ontario sucks.

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM [Re: Meat_hod]
    #6093620 - 09/23/06 04:28 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Ahhh Tropical claimants attract Tropical mushrooms.. Id say the cut off line for Copes is some where round North Texas and Tennessee.

Canada+Cold=No Copes...

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineTNpsilo420
Stranger

Re: PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM [Re: YESSUP]
    #6116295 - 09/29/06 05:12 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

I wish an expert would come look at what always grow in the cowfields arount my part of TN. I swear they are a cope of some sort maybe active. do all active copes bruise blue? if not then they are panaeolus of some sort. They have jet black spore prints and grow amoungst P. papilioneous, which also have jet black sporeprints. I bet I got the most northern copes!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #6116437 - 09/29/06 06:03 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Usually, Panaeolus antillarum does not generally grow while cubes or copes are up in a field. The Antillarums dominate a field and when they begin to leave, either cubes or copes will grow. Often I find a few patches of antillarum, but the copes grow spread aropund in manure heaps and piles of ferlilizer laid manure spreads, as seen in many of my imaegs posted at the MJ Shroom World Site foer Thailand Copes, etc.

Here is one iamge form thsi season of spread around copes, and a few Panaeolus sphinctrinus mushrooms

Copes have very thin stems which blue easily and sometimes are already blue when fouond.

P. antillarum can be small to very large with thick stems and very thick caps with very white edges onthe gill plates, caps turn a silver white shiny color in age.

Panaeolus antillarum are very distinguishable from Copelandia species whose caps are usualy thinner., more bell or conical shaped.

Yuo can find a field of cubes or a v field of copes. If both are int he same area, one species will dominate the filed as compared to others.

At the buffalo arenas in thailand, the copelandias area dominating species while cubes are far and in between. at my friends farm in Ban Thurian, Cubes grow in one area and copes in another and sometimes next to each other, along with conocybe lactea and Panaeo.us non active species, usually P. sphinctrinus, not P. antillarums. There will usually be one or two big antillarums, or a buffalo turd or cow turd with ten or more antillarums in them. A few cubes may be up, but usually do not come until the antillarums are gone. The antillarums are more common in manure which is feresher and less decomposed then that which the cubes or copes appear in.

I will have Shroomster Enterpriss post a better page of Antillarum imaegs.

If you c find copes, you will never acccidently pick a p. antillarum mushroom. they are so different.t he only common feature is the whitish cap of the mushrooms, which also vary in color like copes. Many copes have a golden cap color from being hygrophanous.

This image of P. antillarum came form a rice paddie area of maybe 100 paddie squares. They were the only antillarum inthe whole rice paddie area where I was.

But I also collected close to four hundred copelandia species and about 80 cubes. No other antillarums where there. this was a field which had abut 11 water buffalo only.

And a late picking for me. It was a spot I visited onthe first day i came to samui, no shrooms, then three days before I left after a small ten to twney minutre monsoon int he evening, these were in the morning sun, as were some beautiful pink buffalo.

mj

Offlinehooksbooks
Fun Guy
Male

Loc: Central, TX
Re: PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM [Re: mjshroomer]
    #6121086 - 10/01/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

thx MJ, I find a lot of pan ant, but Im sure ill know my first cope once i find it

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM [Re: hooksbooks]
    #6121790 - 10/01/06 05:02 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

A few images of larger Panaeolus antillarums.

mj

InvisibleFrankAgora
Wanderer
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #27325432 - 05/27/21 03:54 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

Pan. Antillarum found in the same Florida cow field as this cube, some inedibles down below. Antillarum tend to fruit before Pan. Cyancens in my experience, then the cubes are the last to arrive to the party with heavier rains.

https://

--------------------
Though your heart lays restless, Love itself will still your soul.

OfflineJadedgreen
Stranger
Female

Re: PANAEOLUS ANTILLARUM [Re: FrankAgora]
    #27325904 - 05/27/21 09:57 PM (2 years, 9 months ago)

I see more pan papilionaceus around my copes than Pan antillarum.  And I agree about the late fall but I warn you that it is more of a strict cut off before the winter
This is in Louisiana where I find mine but last October I found some beautiful copes much different than the ones I saw in the spring

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag