Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRaR_tbh
Stranger
My first mushroom hunt!
    #6093229 - 09/23/06 01:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I had a lot of fun today i only spent about an hour picking shrooms but i got a lot of them while leaving plenty to repeat the cycle!
Although some of my pics aren't singular strains i have tried to split the pictures up how ever i think that it would help first time shroom hunters like i was if you comment on the other strains i found (for instance which will kill i know i have picked one deadly one!) Also if you could tell me which ones are active i would be so very appreciative. I had so much fun hunting these its definitely something more people should get involved in! I found all of these strains in a local wood near me with a lot of debris on the floor (mix of conifers and hardwoods) and i live in the middle of the UK thanks for all offered help! peace lads x

(the bottom right blue-ish hued ones i beleived to be active)

(any input on this one please i dont think its active but it sure was a good find)

[url=http://imageshack.us]
[/url]

Edited by RaR_tbh (09/23/06 01:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVampireSlayer
killing ghosts,zombies andvampires forlife
Male User Gallery

Re: My first mushroom hunt! [Re: RaR_tbh]
    #6093263 - 09/23/06 01:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I know the one in the middle picture is a bolete. the rest i'm not too sure about. any of them bruise blue when picked or touched?

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

OfflineShroomeyfinder
Happy hunting in Humboldt!
Male

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: My first mushroom hunt! [Re: VampireSlayer]
    #6093269 - 09/23/06 01:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The second picture looks sort of look like this Boletus regius to me:

http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Boletus_regius.html

???

--------------------
Let us go dance into the night....and let the vibe of hundreds of awesome people surround us... let us get to know eatchother and everyone else..emotionally..spirtually..and mentally..please..can I hold you close..and protect you...can you hold me close and protect me...because even equivalent exchange must play it's role in a relationship...I want to find you, you are somewhere out there my lover...

Edited by Shroomeyfinder (09/23/06 01:26 PM)

OfflineRaR_tbh
Stranger
    #6093276 - 09/23/06 01:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Nah i was looking out for the blue bruising and only the ones in the first picture showed any signs of that but that wasnt really due to bruising btw it wont be the middle picture any more i keep adding them hehe :o

OfflineRaR_tbh
Stranger
    #6093281 - 09/23/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Im not sure there arent really any irregular bumps ( there is what i can only think of describing as an upside down nipple ) A slug was eating it when i picked it not sure if this proves its edible or not

OfflineVampireSlayer
Male User Gallery

#6093288 - 09/23/06 01:31 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i as talking about the solo mushroom with the fat stem. those little mushrooms with the golden type cap look kind of like cubensis, a choice psilocybe shroom but it's hard to tell.

yea the one with the fat stem that was getting eaten by a slug is probably edible  :thumbup: there are some boletes that aernt edible however although i wouldn't eat it if it had slugs.

--------------------
I Don't come to fight flesh and blood but spiritual wickedness in high and low places

Edited by Pikashroom (09/23/06 01:33 PM)

OfflineShroomeyfinder
Male

#6093289 - 09/23/06 01:31 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Im probably wrong, the stem on the Boletus regius is really fat. While the stem on the mushroom in the second picture is alot thinner.

--------------------
Let us go dance into the night....and let the vibe of hundreds of awesome people surround us... let us get to know eatchother and everyone else..emotionally..spirtually..and mentally..please..can I hold you close..and protect you...can you hold me close and protect me...because even equivalent exchange must play it's role in a relationship...I want to find you, you are somewhere out there my lover...

Edited by Shroomeyfinder (09/23/06 01:32 PM)

OfflineRaR_tbh
Stranger
Re: My first mushroom hunt! [Re: Shroomeyfinder]
    #6093299 - 09/23/06 01:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Would four tiny little p cubensis be enough to trip off? i am going to a free party in wales tonight might be an experience =) i also did think that they were active from what i had seen of cubes

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not So Great Britain
    #6093306 - 09/23/06 01:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Wales in the UK or Wales elsewhere???

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

OfflineVampireSlayer
Male User Gallery

#6093307 - 09/23/06 01:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yeah you could probably trip a little off those. if you dried them they would probably come out to a gram maybe almost a gram and a half. still though you usually never find cubes in the woods you usually only find them on cow poop.

--------------------

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
    #6093318 - 09/23/06 01:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pikashroom said:
yeah you could probably trip a little off those. if you dried them they would probably come out to a gram maybe almost a gram and a half.

They aren't cubes. They look like Hypholoma fasciculare, a poisonous species.

Were they growing from wood?

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

OfflineShroomeyfinder
Male

#6093321 - 09/23/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Cubensis dont grow wild in the UK as far as I know.

--------------------

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
    #6093329 - 09/23/06 01:47 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomeyfinder said:

Yes, they don't grow wild in the UK. I missed his/her location in the original post!  :crazy:

--------------------

OfflineRaR_tbh
Stranger
    #6093331 - 09/23/06 01:47 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Ok dont eat the cube lookalikes because they definately werent on cow poop btw thought i would add a picture so you could see the size difference of em all if any ones interested! So not many active ones we dont think? Shame, i had fun though :laugh:

Yea the wales next to the Uk they have some of the best free parties around! god bless the welsh

Edited by RaR_tbh (09/23/06 01:51 PM)

OfflineShroomeyfinder
Male

Re: My first mushroom hunt! [Re: Amatoxin]
    #6093343 - 09/23/06 01:54 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Amatoxin said:
Quote:

Shroomeyfinder said:

Yes, they don't grow wild in the UK. I missed his/her location in the original post!  :crazy:

No problem I just thought of it so I posted it lol  :smile:

--------------------

OfflineVampireSlayer
Male User Gallery

#6093358 - 09/23/06 02:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

the pure white mushrooms will kill you.

--------------------

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
    #6093378 - 09/23/06 02:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The first pic looks to be a mixture of Spindle Shanks (Collybia fusipes), Hypholoma fasciculare and Coprinus. Second pic looks more like a Russula to me than a Bolete. Last pic looks like you might have either Amanita citrina/Amanita citrina var alba or Amanita virosa.

--------------------

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
    #6093410 - 09/23/06 02:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, last pic, mushroom to the far right. death angel. you wil die. dont eat it.

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My first mushroom hunt! [Re: nobhdy]
    #6093418 - 09/23/06 02:31 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nobhdy said:
Hey, last pic, mushroom to the far right. death angel. you wil die. dont eat it.

Pretty much impossible to tell the exact species from the pic. Could be either Amanita citrina/Amanita citrina var alba or Amanita virosa. Either way it's definitely not something you'd consider for the table!  :crazy:

--------------------

OfflineTheJakeyl88
RememberInfinity.
Male
    #6093434 - 09/23/06 02:41 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe the cube lookin ones are honey mushrooms, they look like they have white gills.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures