Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePig_In_Zen
Loc: GA
Mistaken Pans...
    #609137 - 04/15/02 02:37 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I felt like last night was a prime chance to hunt (it being somewhat foggy and warm aroun 3 am). To my suprise, after no more than ten steps into a nearby field some caps caught my eyes! They were growing in a clump of grass, all were about 1 1/2" - 3" in height, about .5" - 1" in diameter, a light rusty tan color on the 1/2 circle-shaped cap, gills that were grayish-black, somewhat darker around the edges of the cap, and a hollow stem that was a bit darker than the cap (Very thin stem though). My friend and I were quite exited, because I thought immediately that they could be pan subbs. We walked around the pasture (what a beautiful night it was too) for about an hour or so and found about 30 more growing directly out of cow dung EVERY TIME. I was pratically convinced at this point that they were good. So we came back to the house, and after reviewing a few pictures here on the shroomery and making a spore print that was black, we decided to partake in our find.

Thirty minutes--- Nothing.
One Hour--- Nothing.
One 1/2 Hour--- You guessed it: nothing.

Anyway... I went to sleep after that becaude it was nearly 5 am. My concern now isn't really if they were poisonous or not, but what kind of mushrooms I digested. This is the first time I've been fooled into eating fungi that I though were positively IDed. They were definately in the same family of mushrooms, IMO.

Well, can anyone help me out?
Peace.

PigInZen

--------------------
My brain is the burger, and my heart the charcoal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMyceliumcake
addicted to weed
Loc: Flint, Michigan
Re: Mistaken Pans... [Re: Pig_In_Zen]
    #609145 - 04/15/02 02:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

My immediate concern when I hear somthing like this is liver damage.
I am no mushroom I.D. er but I would at least get an enzyme test.
But you may want to wait for someone more qualified to give advice.
Do you have an pics?

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#609218 - 04/15/02 04:15 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Ive heard Pan Subbs aren't really that potent. Though, Ive heard different as well. You could have just not eaten enough. How many did you eat?

Theres no way you can get a picture of some, and post them here?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #609225 - 04/15/02 04:17 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Panaeolus subbalteatus are just as potent as most cubensis mushrooms by weight.

3 to 5 grams or more dried and from one fresh ounce dry +.

They are also very stringy mushrooms breaking into several pieces it twisted around ones finger.

And they taste very alfafish to the throat.

mj

OfflinePig_In_Zen
Loc: GA
Re: Mistaken Pans... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #609321 - 04/15/02 06:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

My friend and I split the 30 or so mushrooms (some ranging from small babies to almost full grown), and I ate probably 15 total; not a lot, but probably the same weight of a decent cube dosage. It wouldn't take over an hour and 1/2 for them to kick in, would it? They sound like pan subs, don't they?
Oh well. I'm not scared about the toxicity, as I'm pretty well versed in IDing. Thanks for the concern though.

Man, those cube fields are elusive!

Peace.
PigInZen

--------------------
My brain is the burger, and my heart the charcoal.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #609331 - 04/15/02 06:13 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

If the print was black, and they were growing from cow dung, chances are that you are about 99% safe. My guess is that you ate some inactive species of Panaeolus, or its just that what you picked was very weak. No biggie. It could have also been Coprinus species, although I'm not sure that you'd get a print from these, seeing how the caps just melt. If thats the case, lay off the liquor(will make ya ill when consumed with liquor) for a few days and you'll be fine.

Try checking out this site with a bunch of pics:
http://www.in2.dk/fungi/imageframe1.htm

Peace out,
-Gumby

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale