Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineskaterdude452
Stranger
How long do shroom spores last?
    #6079313 - 09/19/06 06:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, so i ordered a syringe of spores about a year ago and it got lost until today. so its about a year later and its still in the box and i was wondering if i would still be able to grow shrooms with this syringe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineS1lverdj
Stranger
Male
Re: How long do shroom spores last? [Re: skaterdude452]
    #6079330 - 09/19/06 06:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Never hurts to try? But I'm pretty sure, unless you're damn lucky, it's not viable.

OfflineCantiSama

Re: How long do shroom spores last? [Re: S1lverdj]
    #6079464 - 09/19/06 07:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

they should be fine as long as they didn't suffer any heat. i've used spore syringes older than that with good results.

--------------------
Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

Offlineseg_x
was here,chillin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Some place south.
Re: How long do shroom spores last? [Re: CantiSama]
    #6079570 - 09/19/06 07:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Daaaamn id be pissed if someone lost my prints.

--------------------

My Fall Mushrooms

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: How long do shroom spores last? [Re: seg_x]
    #6079625 - 09/19/06 07:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Distilled water is one of the best storage methods for spores, so a syringe might just outlast a print. However, there is still a degradation over time. After just one year, there should still be plenty of viable spores left. In my experience, after three to four years, very few of the spores germinate.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How long do shroom spores last? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6079991 - 09/19/06 08:29 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I have to say I've had a syringe that quite viable after six years in the fridge. The reason they can last so long is they when placed in distilled water stay hydrated while they are dormant, prints on the other hand must be rehydrated before they can germinate and this can take IME a couple of weeks after they are placed in distilled water. Distilled water is also the best way as of resently to store mycelium covered grains for stock cultures. If the spores haven't germinated in the syringe then as RR said there should still be enough to get you going even if it's been stored at room temperature, theres only one way to find out my friend :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag