Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

What's a little petty theft among friends?
    #6077135 - 09/19/06 08:05 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Here's an example of next-to irrelevant petty theft, please read and vote on it, then discuss petty theft in any shape or form.
The example is deliberately the pettiest theft I could come up with.

Example

You and a good friend are walking aimlessly through town, and decide to stop at a fastfood restaurant for some fries to fuel up. The both of you order a large pouch of fries and "double sauce" each. Lo and behold, there it is: two big pouches of fries and four tiny cups of sauce.

You're eagerly munching away, at a faster pace than your buddy, and find yourself halfway through your fries, with both your cups of sauce empty.

You notice how your slower-eating friend still is dippin' in his first cup, and his second cup of sauce lies still unopened on the table.

Fries without sauce are bland, you really like your fries with sauce, anmd once more your eyes wander to that still unused cup of your friend on the tray. You know your good friend likes his fries with sauce too, and didn't order a "double sauce" for nothing.

What do you do?  :ooo:

Given these limited options - what would you do?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/19/06 08:05 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeric_the_red
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: What's a little petty theft among friends? [Re: Asante]
    #6077143 - 09/19/06 08:09 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

get off your lazy ass and get your own damn sauce.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6077154 - 09/19/06 08:14 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Now a bit less of a trifle!

How far will you go in lifting a thing off a good friend who in his naiveness left his shit on the table when he went to the toilet?
Its assumed that you and your friend are stoners and that the item nabbed fulfils a need of yours. The "lighter" would be a throwaway bic, not a Zippo or other significant posession

What's the biggest thing you'd lift off a good friend?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/19/06 08:14 AM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What's a little petty theft among friends? [Re: eric_the_red]
    #6077175 - 09/19/06 08:26 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

get off your lazy ass and get your own damn sauce.

That would be the most logical solution, but would be an easy way out of the dilemma, so I deliberately left it out.

The saucecup thing is a trifle which happened to me, I saw my friend get a certain look, and I wondered if he would nab it or not. I couldn't care less about the saucecup itself, but I was curious if my friend was the type. And sure enough, I faked to zone out and he casually nabbed the sauce. I let my Christian friend enjoy the full rewards of his sin and afterwards called him out on it :evil:
It turned out he indeed deliberately deceived me and let his gluttony override his Christian morals.

Just like there are people who let the paper go over the toiletroll and under the toiletroll, there are people who nab trivial things off their friends and those who do not.

With something as pointless as a saucecup all you're left with is the principle alone. :sun:

Most people do not think its OK to go through a friend's wallet, but how about deliberately depriving your friend of a small satisfaction, being fries with sauce  :cool:

As for my vote: I'd ask for the saucecup, but with no tricks. As for the second poll, I'd take a draft off his joint but won't bogart it - in fact even put it out for him so it won't go to waste. It needs be said that my friends and I share our drugs - if we considered joints an individual thing (like a saucecup) then not even a draft.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (09/19/06 08:31 AM)

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #6077180 - 09/19/06 08:31 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

What kind of sauce are we talking about here? :grin:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: What's a little petty theft among friends? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6077191 - 09/19/06 08:35 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:

indeed, that sounds like the most important issue here.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#6077192 - 09/19/06 08:35 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

In holland we use mayonnaise on fries, in the US I believe it would be ketchup or so.

It's not about the sauce dammit :hissyfit:

:wink:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6077201 - 09/19/06 08:37 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you guys are fucking wierd.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: What's a little petty theft among friends? [Re: Banez]
    #6077210 - 09/19/06 08:40 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Well I voted for "Ask "could I have that?" and accept his answer" and "not even a draft off his joint". But after re-thinking my second vote I'd probably take a hit because none of my friends would care if I took a single hit or two. Unless they specifically asked me to put it out so it doesn't burn down and it wasn't my turn to hit it. :shrug:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
    #6077213 - 09/19/06 08:43 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mattzdope said:

I think you know what I think of when I hear "sauce" :lol:

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6077214 - 09/19/06 08:43 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

im a fuckin weed nazi.. id be soo fucking erked if i went to the bathroom and came back and found out someone was tokin on my blunt without asking. Unless it was my black friend, i just expect that from him. hes my dude.

--------------------

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: What's a little petty theft among friends? [Re: eris]
    #6077225 - 09/19/06 08:52 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

eris said:
Quote:

mattzdope said:

I think you know what I think of when I hear "sauce" :lol:

:hehehe:

--------------------

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6077228 - 09/19/06 08:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

congrats on owning me in fantasy football btw.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What's a little petty theft among friends? [Re: eris]
    #6077281 - 09/19/06 09:21 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I think you know what I think of when I hear "sauce"

OK, let me rephrase that: would you want your friend's sauce over your fries? :wink:

The nab people may argue that "its just ketchup!" but then again, if its such a small matter, then why not let your friend have his?

I find losing a bit of mayo/catsup or even something mega like a $50 bill less important than discovering whether or not my good friend does such a thing. I'm the kind of friend who's in the habit of freely giving stuff away (some time ago a 5 gram, $25 lump of hash when I visited a good but nearly broke friend) but I have low tolerance to taking without asking.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #6077297 - 09/19/06 09:26 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It depends...mostly on how good of a friend he/she is (closer they are...more likely to "share" from them) :wink:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: What's a little petty theft among friends? [Re: trendal]
    #6077309 - 09/19/06 09:27 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
It depends...mostly on how good of a friend he/she is (closer they are...more likely to "share" from them) :wink:

I agree. Im the same way, im more likely to "share" or allow closer friends to share from me, than a less close friend

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What's a little petty theft among friends? [Re: Banez]
    #6077353 - 09/19/06 09:42 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Banez said:
Quote:

trendal said:
    It depends...mostly on how good of a friend he/she is (closer they are...more likely to "share" from them)

I agree. Im the same way, im more likely to "share" or allow closer friends to share from me, than a less close friend

It's the thought that counts :sun:
It turned out he thought it was somewhat wrong, yet did it anyway.

The closer the friend the less of a vice it is when it comes to the silly small things. But! I much rather would have a thief roll $20 out of my pocket than a friend bumming a $10 bill and trying to get away with it.

There's an invisible treshold somewhere between a cup of mayo and cash money that shouldn't be crossed. :smile: Where that treshold lies is an individual thing, and depends on the friend.

If my Christian friend had asked it, he would've gotten the cup and even some of my fries too if he wanted, instead he got both the cup and after the fact a talk about Christianity, friendship, and the concept of Sin.
Want fries with that? :evil:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

InvisibleMike_yy
Male User Gallery

#6077356 - 09/19/06 09:43 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Stealing a lighter is not just merely stealing a lighter, it has harsh consequences for the person your stealing it off.

This pisses me off alot. Specially when the person who stole it has loads of lighters at home, and i'm sat at my place with a tea light candle burning, slowly turning my furniture into fire wood so i can get a pull off my bong..

Then next time i see him he pulls MY lighter out and flatly claims " i bought it from the shop last week, it's just the same colour, look it's even got my name scratched onto it "

Bastard,, :crankey:

It's a vicious circle cos he knows i'll be on the lookout for his prize clipper next time he leaves it lying about,, :grin:.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#6077503 - 09/19/06 10:27 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

there's no degrees of wrongness here, being dishonest with someone is wrong no matter how you look at it or how petty it may seem. i know that's a bold statement because we are human and all guilty of it at some point. to me, when someone lies it's an intentional kick in the balls and it's a great way to lose my trust and friendship quick. i'm also a big fan of forgiveness and second chances, but these things tend to be habitual. it just seems sketchy to be dishonest or to steal, no matter how petty. it's much easier to ask your friend before you take something, and people notice that shit. it's how you build trust, and without that you don't have any friends. and besides, nothing is ever really "taken", it's ultimately a trade. you get back what you put out there in one way or another.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What's a little petty theft among friends? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #6077533 - 09/19/06 10:32 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Stealing a lighter is not just merely stealing a lighter, it has harsh consequences for the person your stealing it off.

I once had to light a joint with the pilot light of my central heating because a friend has mistook my square black lighter for his red round lighter that happened to run out at that time. :rolleyes:
I don't see how people don't notice that.

You could mix some paint or ink (from lets say a fountain pen cartridge) with some veggie oil, producing an ink/paint that never dries..

Next "paint" your lighter with it and leave it lying around on your table.

Then, after looking away or whatever distracted you, discuss the shit on his hand, and missing lighters in general :evil:
It can be a fun way to bring up something that bothers you.

PS: don't do this practical joke with "friends" who would cover it up by wiping their hand on your couch :smirk:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds