Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemrcheeky420
Stranger
Any idea what strain?
    #6076164 - 09/18/06 09:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't pick these, I bought these shrooms for $45 and the total weight is 7 grams.

Here is a picture:

They are pretty hard and dry but not delicate enough to break so easy.

I've never tripped on shrooms before so this will be my first time... Just wondering if these look like strong shrooms or not.

I am from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomeyfinder
Happy hunting in Humboldt!
Male

Loc: Humboldt County
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: mrcheeky420]
    #6076183 - 09/18/06 10:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

They look like Cubes (Cubensis) to me.

--------------------
Let us go dance into the night....and let the vibe of hundreds of awesome people surround us... let us get to know eatchother and everyone else..emotionally..spirtually..and mentally..please..can I hold you close..and protect you...can you hold me close and protect me...because even equivalent exchange must play it's role in a relationship...I want to find you, you are somewhere out there my lover...

OfflineTheJakeyl88
RememberInfinity.
Male
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: Shroomeyfinder]
    #6076284 - 09/18/06 10:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Definetly blueing.  Depending on your experience with drugs like these, you might want to start with 3g's, enough to get visuals, without much chance of it being too strong of a trip.  Take 3-3 1/2 g's and once it kicks in and you are experiencing "breathing walls" and visuals like that and feel comfortable  then take another gram or 2.  Unless of course your looking for a good strong trip your first time like I was then take about 5-6 grams  :cool:

Edited by TheJakeyl88 (09/18/06 10:37 PM)

Offlinemrcheeky420
Stranger
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: TheJakeyl88]
    #6076426 - 09/18/06 10:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Me and my friend are gonna be doing 3.5 grams each.

So these are cubensis then? Will 3.5 grams be good for a first time?

Does this strain cause paranoia? I've only hallucinated from DXM and it was my first time seeing visuals of any kind.

I handled the DXM trip well... I had 300mg of DXM and I was in the dark the whole time, I smoked a lot of weed too which is known to make me paranoid. For some reason though I really enjoyed the hallucinations as they were fun to watch and entertaining.

Do you think I will get paranoid from these shrooms?

Edited by mrcheeky420 (09/18/06 10:59 PM)

Offlineloopin20
Stranger
Female
    #6076430 - 09/18/06 10:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

look like cubes to me. Nice bluing too. Should be a good trip. And yeah, that should be perfect for a first trip!

OfflineFeelers
Anti-Myth-Rhythm-Rock-Shocker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Oz
    #6076442 - 09/18/06 11:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yep the species is Psilocybe cubensis, when people say strain they usually mean what "brand" of cubensis, ie penis envy, albino, mazatec etc.

You cant really tell between strains appart from the obvious ones like penis envy. There's a very good chance that many of the strains are exactly the same and just made up for marketing purposes. All you need to know is those are cubensis. :grin:

Yeah I'd say go for a medium level trip, shit can get pretty crazy and I personally find that while having an overall good time on higher doses it gets very freaky also. Imagine being raped by a jumbo jet engine.
Nuff said. :grin: :grin:

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: loopin20]
    #6076443 - 09/18/06 11:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms always cause me paranoia. I am used to Psilocybe cubensis, but you're experience of the effects of psilocybin may be far different...
3.5 is a lot from my experience with this species.

Don't piss yourself. It's embarrassing.

--------------------

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: CureCat]
    #6076457 - 09/18/06 11:06 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Oh and remember that a small percentage of people are super succeptable to Psilocybin, up to 10x more sensitive. Man would that be intense!

It also swings the other way, many arent affected much at all, just different brain chemistry. Stick to the middle ground and you should be sweet.
Nice pictures also, most people who have bought shrooms just for ID put up real shit photos, so good work.  :wink:

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: Feelers]
    #6076470 - 09/18/06 11:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

...Oh..

Maybe that's the problem.

Pissing yourself and throwing computers is a bad trip...

--------------------

Offlinemrcheeky420
Stranger
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: CureCat]
    #6076498 - 09/18/06 11:18 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Haha thanks for the comment on the pictures.

I've done a lot of reading and research on shrooms and I know i'm ready. I've come to the conclusion that i'm not worried about bad trips, because I no longer believe in them. I think bad trips are just hallucinations that scare people but I think I would just accept the trip. I plan to take the 3.5 grams and just sit down and probably watch movies on shrooms and whatnot, that would be fuckin' sick.

Should I take Alprazolam (Xanax) to help relax on shrooms or is it a bad combination?

How does weed combine with shrooms? How about cigarettes? I know i'll want to smoke a joint on shrooms for sure... Or even roll one while trippin for that matter.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #6076694 - 09/19/06 12:27 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

cubensis

--------------------

Offlinemrcheeky420
Stranger
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #6076989 - 09/19/06 05:49 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

So these are just really dry Cubensis then? The cubensis images I see on the net seem like fresh mushrooms, they look moist and whatnot.

And can someone answer my other questions about the Xanax and stuff.

OfflineFeelers
Male User Gallery

#6077013 - 09/19/06 06:17 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Your best to post tripping questions in the other forums - this ones specifically about IDs etc. here... http://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Cat/0/Board/Forum1

The mushrooms you have are just dried, mushrooms are generally hard to ID when they get so shrivled up, but your ones are definately cubensis. Mushrooms are 90% water, which is why your specimens look the way they do. :grin:
Drying is just a good way to preserve them, otherwise within a week fresh mushrooms would be a big rotting pile of goo.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #6077075 - 09/19/06 07:20 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I know, should be in a different forum, but: if you are worried about having a bad trip, then I would take a small dose of the xanax before hand.  A FOAF who has recently started eating some super strong mushies and who used to suffer from paranoia has had the most wonderful trips of his life after taking some ativan with the shrooms. :grin:

OfflineTheJakeyl88
RememberInfinity.
Male
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: xmush]
    #6078385 - 09/19/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I always thought of bad trips as just a different experience, sure it sucked but once I was sober again it was REALLY fun to sit down and dismantle the trip and figure out why it happened that way and how to learn from the experience. Bad trips, good trips, its just a trip!

3.5 g's will be perfect. I've had alot of experience with DXM, you probably felt more disassociated and more of a drunk body high than you will with shrooms. The shrooms will generally be exciting, fun, and you'll laugh alot because of the new world in which you will be exploring. Its a great feeling and you'll do great. Just don't EXPECT anything. If you are expecting something, chances are it won't happen and you'll be disappointed. Just know its a drug, accept what happens and go with the flow! If you try to see visuals, they just won't come and you'll think your way out of it.

Edited by TheJakeyl88 (09/19/06 02:46 PM)

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #6078853 - 09/19/06 04:57 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like you are ready for 3.5, just sit back, hang on and enjoy the ride :cool:

Personally, I like to save the benzos for afterwards. They help me relax and get ready for sleep (which seems almost impossible after).
I like to smoke one while I come up, but I never seem to get it done during :wink:

Enjoy :mushroom2:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #6078872 - 09/19/06 05:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I like to smoke one while I come up, but I never seem to get it done during :wink:

Ohhh been there ... Done that!

I cant sleep worth a shit after a trip.. :thumbup:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineTheJakeyl88
RememberInfinity.
Male
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: YESSUP]
    #6079948 - 09/19/06 08:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Its so easy for me to fall asleep after or when the trip is coming down, its actually easier for me to sleep like that than when I'm sober.

Offlinemrcheeky420
Stranger
Re: Any idea what strain? [Re: TheJakeyl88]
    #6093129 - 09/23/06 12:33 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for all the posts and comments.

I don't think i'll be taking any Xanax at all before my trip, I don't want it to interfere with my trip.

You're right... There are no good trips or bad trips, theres just trips. I'm ready to learn and explore the shrooms trip, its gonna be amazing, I can't wait. =D

I MIGHT smoke weed during the trip to make it funnier and just increase it overall. I wonder how its gonna be like to roll weed on shrooms, hehe.

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #6094045 - 09/23/06 07:09 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mrcheeky420 said:
Haha thanks for the comment on the pictures.

I've done a lot of reading and research on shrooms and I know i'm ready. I've come to the conclusion that i'm not worried about bad trips, because I no longer believe in them. I think bad trips are just hallucinations that scare people but I think I would just accept the trip. I plan to take the 3.5 grams and just sit down and probably watch movies on shrooms and whatnot, that would be fuckin' sick.

Should I take Alprazolam (Xanax) to help relax on shrooms or is it a bad combination?

How does weed combine with shrooms? How about cigarettes? I know i'll want to smoke a joint on shrooms for sure... Or even roll one while trippin for that matter.

I'm glad I saw this post because there are some very important points to address here.

BELIEVE in bad trips! Trying to ignore them is a good way to get yourself into one. Instead of discounting them completely, you need to just accept that they can happen, but that you are confident enough that it will not(to boost your confidence, research significantly reduces one's chances of having a bad trip). DO NOT fear a bad trip. They can be pretty bad, but usually are only bad enough to say "that sucked, but I'm still glad I tripped and learned something from it."
The REALLY bad trips (a.k.a. "the black spiral") are the ones that REALLY suck, but these are actually very easy to avoid if you're smart about it.
DO NOT mix hard drugs with mushrooms. MDMA can either cause you to have the most amazing trip of your life, or the absolute worst. MDMA with heroin or speed base are prone to initiate a black spiral in my experience. don't mix mushrooms with alcohol (enough to get drunk off of, anyway. a small glass of wine can complement a trip perfectly). Alcohol has a tendency to make people feel like shit while tripping.
MAKE SURE you don't have any responsibilities to take care of during the trip. Important errands can bring tremendous stress to a trip and ruin it completely.
Xanax will calm you down, but it will also diminish the effects of the mushrooms
If this is your first trip (and it is), then I recommend turning your phone off if you have one. While talking to people on the phone can be very enlightening (and extremely trippy), it is not something to delve into the first time.
Also, if you plan on watching movies, make sure you have a backup plan for when you get bored (I can never finish a movie tripping, no matter how good it is). In my opinion, movies and TV in general really bring a trip down. But, this is of course only my opinion, and I don't think you should change your plans. Just have a backup ready.
Cigarettes are a trippers best friend. But be careful, a person can shred many packs during the course of a trip, many more than one normally would. Also, on a side note, if you are low on cigs and won't be able to get anymore before the trip is over, save the last few for the come down. Those last few cigs at the end of a long night are the best damned smokes you will ever have.
Weed is sketchy when it comes to tripping. It can be really good, or it can throw you into a bad spot (although bud has never sent someone down the black spiral that I know of).
If I had to make a suggestion about it, I would say wait till the comedown. Weed can make the come up less intense and will fuck with the peak, but it always seems to make the come down much smoother.

Now that I've said all that stuff about tripping, on to the shrooms:

You have in your possession Psilocybe cubensis. It is a pretty visual species, and the trip tends to be "crazy silly, yet philosophical".
You appear to have field picked mushrooms, as opposed to home grown (field cubes tend to have beefy stems and proportionally large caps. Cultivated cubes tend to have very long, slender stems [although some strains have long, fat stems], and very small caps, proportionally).
This doesn't mean that they will be bunk. In fact, it is easier to dose field cubes because they are the most common, so dosage advice for cubes is mostly based on the field varieties.

Good Vibes, and Happy Tripping!  :thumbup: :mushroom2:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds