Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBob2
Grandpa

Good Florida strain
    #6073000 - 09/18/06 03:45 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hello all.  I've been reading around here on and off for a couple years now and I've decided to grow outside.  There are so many poisones mushrooms growing in my backyard right now and the humidity is up and everything is perfect so I figure ill start growing some good mushrooms back there now.  I'm going to order from sporesource, what do you all recomend?  I like the sound of equadorian but I don't know if it is suited to grow outdoors in Florida...  Let me know what you all think :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBob2
Grandpa

Re: Good Florida strain [Re: Bob2]
    #6073336 - 09/18/06 08:12 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Oh and I forgot to mention I can only get one syringe because I'm on a really small budget.  It's all good though :smile:

Offlineseg_x
was here,chillin
Male User Gallery

Loc: Some place south.
    #6073463 - 09/18/06 09:20 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Are you new to growing or have you grown before?

the reason i ask is because growing indoors is easy,
and your first grow takes a bit of time to even get off the ground.
I would use BRF cakes if I didn't have much to spend, vermiculite is around 8-10 dollars for 10 qts. and BRF is around 3-5 dollars for 32 oz.

Then all you would need is jars.

>>> inculate them with your syringe

while you wait, you have 2 weeks - month to get money for your perlite.

but this is just my opinion.

as for a strain, its up to you.
I would suggest something solid though
Dont get spores from any other networks,
Shroomery has good people so try their sponsors first,
if you want to get good deals and healthy spores.

ex.

Golden Teachers - http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/StrainGuide/GoldenTeacher
Teasure Coast - http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/StrainGuide/TreasureCoast
b+ - http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/StrainGuide/Bplus
Ecuador - http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/StrainGuide/Ecuador

etc. - http://www.shroomery.org/wiki/pmwiki.php/StrainGuide/StrainGuide

--------------------

My Fall Mushrooms

Edited by seg_x (09/18/06 09:30 AM)

InvisibleBob2
Grandpa

Re: Good Florida strain [Re: seg_x]
    #6073496 - 09/18/06 09:39 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'm new but I've got a really good idea of how everything works.  I was ging to do indoor but I have practically no money and I don't own a pressure cooker or even a LARGE pot for that matter.  I know outdoors the sun and mother nature keep contaminents at bay.  So I was planning to do one right in the ground ina  shady spot that is always damp (under drip of hose).  I am also going to try some clear tupperwares outside.  I just like the fact that contaminants are alot less of a problem outside and I live in Florida where shrooms grow on their own quite well.  I am going to start the cakes and wait for colinization then break them up in a bag and try some different casing ways outside with and without tupperware :smile:  I might also try a cake outside and see how it goes.  This is all a learning experiment for me and I get to reap the benefits :smile:  Oh and for choosing sporesource.com, their prices are fair, I believe its a shroomery sponser if i remember correctly, and they send their mail out an hour from here which means fast delivery :laugh:

InvisibleBob2
Grandpa

#6073521 - 09/18/06 09:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Some other people please give some input...  I'd really like to order before sundown :smile:

Something off topic...  I really miss overgrow :frown:    RIP OG

OfflineSickShroomer
Retired Shroom Master
Male User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #6073554 - 09/18/06 10:09 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

F+ or Gold Coast.

Just read what strains grow there naturally. And read some teks.

--------------------
Going to miss the PNW gatherings.

I'm not here trying to make anyone feel stupid or to make myself feel good by putting ppl down. I am just here to help fellow shroomerites in there grows. I do this to keep my own knowledge fresh, and to help everyone succeed!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale