Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Thin nails and shitty cuticles
    #6071174 - 09/17/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I've been biting my nails for 10 years at least. Biting the nails, biting the skin around the nails, and gnawing on my cuticles as well. The time  has come to stop this disgusting, unhealthy, and unattractive habit. I recently quit smoking cigarettes, but this habit seems to be even more of a challenge. My mental addiction to biting my fingers is very strong but I need it to end.

Does anybody share this problem with me? I really can't stand it and I want to stop doing it. If I went and got a manicure what do they do, just push the cuticle back under my skin or do they cut it off? I dont know shit about this stuff and I need some advice. Thanks  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Thin nails and shitty cuticles [Re: Atheist]
    #6071197 - 09/17/06 04:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i share your habit. i dislike it too, it's one the few behaviors i wish to eradicate. the problem is i don't bite them unconsciously, i'm well aware of when i do it. drives me nuts sometimes. maybe i should try dipping my fingers in rubbing alcohol or something similar, operant condition myself to stop..

--------------------

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: Thin nails and shitty cuticles [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6071288 - 09/17/06 05:06 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I've been biting my nails for almost 10 years.

It's not simple to quit. For me, it's been a long process of remembering not to do it over and over again. It's to the point now where I've quit for short periods of time and I'm biting less in general.

Just keep on reminding yourself. Make the concious decision to stop and relax. It's basically a nervous habit.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Invisibleroad406
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Thin nails and shitty cuticles [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #6072459 - 09/17/06 10:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

if u can throw down a couple bucks u can buy a nail formula that strengthens the nails and leaves a bitter taste so everytime u go to bite ur nails the taste will make u stop...

http://www.folica.com/MAVALA_Stop_for_d442.html

if its really bothering u its worth a try...

OfflineRambel
Stranger

Re: Thin nails and shitty cuticles [Re: road406]
    #6073603 - 09/18/06 10:31 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It really is an awful habit. I too know when I am doing it, it is like I can't stop myself. I know how nasty it is, but I can't help it. I will go a couple of weeks not biting them, and the second they start to grow I bit I get right back into it. It is really fucked up. I have never had smooth healthy cuticles. I always bite the shit around the nails. I wish I could stop.

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Thin nails and shitty cuticles [Re: Rambel]
    #6073632 - 09/18/06 10:41 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

and the thing that bothers me the most

is that there is so much bacteria on the hands and finger tips

and to take that and put it in my mouth, disgusting....

thanks for the link

OfflineChickenPotPie
Wanderer
Loc: Way out there
Re: Thin nails and shitty cuticles [Re: Atheist]
    #6073748 - 09/18/06 11:26 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

There's hope. I bit my nails to the point of them being down to the quick for 22+ years. My mom tried that nasty stuff when I was a kid, and it didn't work. I tried all sorts of stuff when I was an adult, never worked. I was driving to Arizona five years back and I just decided that hell or high water, I was gonna quit, right then. And I did. I would still wash my hands and then kinda "chew" on them when I got the urge, but the temptations only lasted a few weeks. Maybe that 3 weeks to change a habit thing is true. Either way, it was a struggle, and I wish you the best. It really is a stupid and nasty habit, and you'll be VERY proud of yourself when you kick it. :thumbup:

All the Best!!

--------------------
-God made the weak things of the world to confuse the wise

Offlineflatiron
Stranger
Re: Thin nails and shitty cuticles [Re: ChickenPotPie]
    #10453772 - 06/04/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

oh! just too painful with the bad habits..Does medicines really help?

Experienced persons feel free to post your experience...

Thanks in advance,
http://www.flatironexperts.com

Offlineauto1986
Stranger
Re: Thin nails and shitty cuticles [Re: road406]
    #10454242 - 06/04/09 02:16 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

road406 said:
if u can throw down a couple bucks u can buy a nail formula that strengthens the nails and leaves a bitter taste so everytime u go to bite ur nails the taste will make u stop...

http://www.folica.com/MAVALA_Stop_for_d442.html

if its really bothering u its worth a try...

This guy is right, exactly what I was gonna suggest. If you can't Conciously quite yourself, then you need something there to remind you , Buy some of that formula it strengthens your nails it goes on clear and it taste like shit so you'll stop bitting that area.

Oh and by the way you push the cuticle back not cut it off, but you need to be gentle with the cuticle any damage can hurt the growth of your fingernails.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom