Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Thai pictures please! (now to view)
    #6070695 - 09/17/06 01:00 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Does anyone have.... sorry, any pictures of Thai m.j plants in full flower either in Thailand or elsewhere please?

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Silverwolf (09/20/06 06:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Thai pictures please! [Re: Silverwolf]
    #6073532 - 09/18/06 09:58 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

why would it make a difference in where the strain was grown? If you're looking about information on thai sticks the strain of weed is irrelevant. Thai stick are a method of preperation before sale. Lots of people believe them to be buds dipped in opium, tied to a stick (tie/thai stick), and then dried before being sold.

Personally i think the opium part is comeplete bullshit. I've read people saying thai stick were dipped in hash/honey oil before being dried and sold. To me that's more belivable, opium is a pretty expensive product to produce in mass quantity.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: Thai pictures please! [Re: coda]
    #6073650 - 09/18/06 10:48 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

As far as I know, a Thai stick is just a branch from the MJ plant which has the fan leaves cut off. A branch with only buds on it. This is how pot being imported from Thailand came as.. but eventually Thai stick became just another reference to Pot.

Anyway. I was in Pakistan a while ago but I left RIGHT before the flowers matured enough to smoke. They were HUGE pure Sativas. We're talking 15' with thick stems.

If you want to know how to identify them, the female plants look bushy and the tops have a flower them. The male has scrotums growing all over it. Little whitish grape/scrotum looking pollen sacs that smell faintly like Marijuana, as opposed to the female flowers which are sticky and smell like good bud.

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
    #6074044 - 09/18/06 01:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Quake3 said:
As far as I know, a Thai stick is just a branch from the MJ plant which has the fan leaves cut off. A branch with only buds on it.

What "Thai Sticks" should be
Quote:

coda said:
Thai stick are a method of preparation before sale. Lots of people believe them to be buds dipped in opium, tied to a stick (tie/thai stick), and then dried before being sold.

What they have become.

The first referenceses to 'Thai Stick' were made because of the Tropical Sativa nature of the buds. They grow HUGE COLAS, that look exactly like a buds on a stick. *remembers the movie BLOW*

Unfortunately some Douchtard <yea i said it> decided it would be a good name to call his crappy (possibly laced) preparation of buds. Ive heard its dipped in opium, THC oil, buds tied together with string, etc etc etc.

The Original Thai stick was in reference to its growth structure... I think

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Edited by ShroomDr (09/18/06 05:18 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Thai pictures please! [Re: Dexter_Morgan]
    #6074666 - 09/18/06 04:33 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you and huh? You're talking about the woman I love!
"It doesn't matter where it comes from!"? Huh...have you ever......huh...?

--------------------
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6074834 - 09/18/06 05:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:

You replied to me, and i didn't say that. A real Thai stick will come from Thailand or at least SE Asia.

Some buds tied together with string, possibly dipped in some 'adulterant', should not be called 'Thai Stick' imho.

Think of Derek Foreal's birthday party from BLOW.

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6074850 - 09/18/06 05:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Well, hell after reading up on it, maybe the movie Blow got it wrong. It makes sense to call the large Sativa Colas from SE Asia 'Thai Sticks', but here is a link to some 'rum runners' Not drug smugglers, MJ is not a drug, it is a plant.
http://www.historylink.org/essays/output.cfm?file_id=7331

A few Google image searches will also yield some crappy looking buds to me, but maybe that's your 'Thai stick'

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
    #6079060 - 09/19/06 05:56 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

Re: Thai pictures please! [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #6080026 - 09/19/06 08:33 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ive had so called thai sticks in the early 80's and it was tied to a stick with black string and it was pretyy good but it didnt put you on your arse like purple heads did

--------------------

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6081361 - 09/20/06 06:55 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Homegrown pure/strain? How long did she bud for Bud?

(I've never smoked "stick" the stuff we got -best damn m.j of any kind I have ever smoked- used to come in big sticky sheets of bud that would split like slate.

Tight little colas?

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (09/20/06 06:57 AM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#6081747 - 09/20/06 10:18 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

the best weed you ever smoked was brickweed???? Damn son, im sorry.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6082465 - 09/20/06 01:45 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

What are you on squire (I hope I'm not your son)? I've smoked Nepalese Temple Ball*, 00 Moroccan, Jamaican Sensi, Kashmiri Black, N.Indian Charas and Thai (and the Thai was the best). I was president of The Essex University "Friends of Amsterdam Society" and a member of the Legalise Cannabis Campaign in the eighties when I wrote a lobbying article pro-legalisation which went to the leaders of all the major political parties, I turned 40 this year and you are talking out of your arse!

*Like got some.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (09/20/06 01:53 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6082504 - 09/20/06 01:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDr said:
Quote:

Silverwolf said:

You replied to me, and i didn't say that. A real Thai stick will come from Thailand or at least SE Asia.

Some buds tied together with string, possibly dipped in some 'adulterant', should not be called 'Thai Stick' imho.

Think of Derek Foreal's birthday party from BLOW.

I did say "thank you" to you, I've seen the Thai stick process online. Anyone who cliams that Thai stick is dipped in opium is also talking out of their arse (probably). ("Are you questioning my authoritea?")
Interestingly an article in "Soft Secrets" recently cliamed that some of the suppliers in India were using whole plant to make the "Charas" this proved most unpopular with the writer who insisted that only bud be used as per tradition and sensibility.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (09/21/06 09:52 AM)

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

#6082943 - 09/20/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Silverwolf said:
What are you on squire (I hope I'm not your son)? I've smoked Nepalese Temple Ball*, 00 Moroccan, Jamaican Sensi, Kashmiri Black, N.Indian Charas and Thai (and the Thai was the best). I was president of The Essex University "Friends of Amsterdam Society" and a member of the Legalise Cannabis Campaign in the eighties when I wrote a lobbying article pro-legalisation which went to the leaders of all the major political parties, I turned 40 this year and you are talking out of your arse!

*Like got some.

relax bro, relax. I may not be 40 years old, but ive put my time into the legalization movement as well. I was merely commenting on the fact that you mentioned the best stuff you ever smoked was brick weed. Weed that comes in "big sticky sheets that split like slate" doesn't usually denote quality. Follow this with the fact that you wrote "tight colas?" directly following that lead me to believe you really didn't know what good bud looks like. If you don't know what a cola is and you've done all the things you say you've done, then im pretty surprised.

:peacesign:

--------------------

-JG

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6085801 - 09/21/06 09:47 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

First grow actually so please correct me if I'm wrong! However I stand buy my strength assertion, I've never heard anything called "brickweed" before! Actually I said "tight colas?" coz I think thats what we've got, something like 14-20 days into flower, she's about nine weeks old (you may however have to help me out with some of the terminology here).

Ah, I meant "tight buds" (well they're only little at the moment) and white colas. You see we got five "Thai" seeds for £10 last year, when we eventually germinated them (only four remained, they had been on an excursion) only two really flourished, one turned out to be male and the other is now some nine weeks old.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (10/06/06 12:59 PM)

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#6136029 - 10/05/06 11:36 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Vertigo6911 said:

Please 'scuse picture quality. This one went to flower slowly (starting at six weeks from 18-12hours over two weeks). How long did you take; a.To flower b.To harvest?

She's 9-10 weeks there.

11 there (dark leaved isn't she ?), how did you pace yours and what lights are you using?

Edited by Silverwolf (10/07/06 11:46 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder