Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineigottatank
Stranger
Loc: North East U.S.
How much hurt will not fanning/misting perlite twice a week do?
    #6059620 - 09/14/06 01:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Two days of the week I am out for 12 hours flat and another two I am out for about 10 or so meaning I cannot mist/fan the perlite, how much harm will this cause my casing? Is there a way around this? I mean, I do it before I leave and as soon as I come back. Thanks in advance.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Re: How much hurt will not fanning/misting perlite twice a week do? [Re: igottatank]
    #6059628 - 09/14/06 01:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Honestly, don't worry about it.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Offlinefingers
mycomaniacalmember
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia south east
Re: How much hurt will not fanning/misting perlite twice a week do? [Re: igottatank]
    #6059689 - 09/14/06 02:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The faning unless I'm mistaken is not for the perlite's benefit, but for the gas exchange for ur boomers.

Just last night i increased the air supply to my F.C by removing a secondary layer of polypropylene sheeting, and overnight the cakes fruited more then I've ever seen in such a short period.

12 hours shouldn't be a huge problem IMO. I leave mine for as long as that and they're fine, but on the same note, if you're faning less frequently, i'd experiment with more air exchage by allowing more air in and out of ur F.C.

The trick is balancing the humidity and the gas exchange. Too much gas exchange and the humidity drops too low, too little and they wont fruit anywhere near as vigourously.

Myc is more resiliant then youd first think. I had all kinds of stress about my grow going wrong for this very reason and many others. Most of it is just first time jitters IMO :smile:

As long as you check them at least daily, and more often then not you'll see if things are going astray. Play around with increasing and decreasing the air exchange and you'll find the sweet spot b4 u know it. Try not to worry as much about the babies, as long as you stay observant, keep reading and learning, you'll do just fine. :smile:

Good luck :smile:

Fingers

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. (Plato)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: How much hurt will not fanning/misting perlite twice a week do? [Re: fingers]
    #6060020 - 09/14/06 08:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Just leave the lid on loose and you'll get natural air exchange while you're gone.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix