Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepfosterbilly
oldandintheway
Loc: p.f. burg
noccin jars outside?
    #6054918 - 09/12/06 08:09 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

anyone done any work in GB or open air outside? from noccin, to incubating is what im talkin about. are contams more likely to be outside or inside? I'm running a few non pastuerized horse poo and bleach/lime past straw tests with g2bulk txfer, all done in open air outside. usin wbs as grain. The wbs wasnt totally colonized but had really rhizo growth. after opening the jar and removing colonized portion, the rest finished colonizing almost overnight. I put the lid back on and brought it back inside. no sign of contams yet. 2 days ago. I'm gonna try to fruit outside also on these tests. any thoughts anyone? much love all, foster

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: noccin jars outside? [Re: pfosterbilly]
    #6054942 - 09/12/06 08:15 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say there's very little chance that green molds didn't get into the uncolonized grains while exposed. If you have fully colonized grains, there's nothing wrong with inoculating pasteurized straw outside. It needs to be a clean operation, but doesn't in any way require sterility.

There are generally more contaminants outside than inside. For sterile work, use a glovebox in a small, closed room.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisiblepfosterbilly
oldandintheway
Loc: p.f. burg
Re: noccin jars outside? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6103059 - 09/26/06 12:42 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

hehe just to update. The jar finished colonizing, no contams took hold! cra-z rhizos that looked like mushrooms covered covered the top. I dumped a cup of pasteurized castings,verm,brf,peat mix in and stirred it up. Its recovering and lookin fine. I'm just gonna give the jar light and a little fae and see what happens.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate