Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link)
    #6054625 - 09/12/06 06:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

http://janedoe0911.tripod.com/BilliardBalls.html

just read it for yourself, it's quite simple to understand, and the graphics just make it easier.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: dr0mni]
    #6054800 - 09/12/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'm so happy that the person who wrote this "scholarly link" about how the collapse "violates the laws of physics" actually themselves violated the laws of physics.

Allow me to point out some of the problems with the analysis:

First:
The "pile" left after the collapse was very large, and extended quite high into the sky at points, so her initial assumption that the time for the collapse can be accurately calculated by measuring a ball falling from the top of the towers to ground level is already flawed.

Second:
In the animation posted on the site, you can obviously see that the collapse began at the impact point, NOT at the roof, which is what all of her simulations assume. Several floors were infact simultaneously in free fall, because the section above the impact point collapsed together, all floors falling at the same time.

Third:
In what is the biggest loas of crap ever: THE "PAPER" IGNORES ACCELERATION DUE TO GRAVITY!

The whole "billiard ball" simulation is complete and utter crap because it assumes that each successive collapsing floor begins with an initial velocity of zero, completely ignoring the exiting velocity of the floors already traveling downwards.

When the top couple of floors collapsed, they caused the floors below them to begin collapsing, but they transferred not only the energy necessary to cause collapse, but their existing *momentum*. Thus the lower floors would begin falling at the velocity the floor above them was already traveling, and would accelerate due to gravity from there.

Since this is completely ignored in the cited "paper" I am forced to conclude that the author could use a physics class, and has succeeded in proving nothing...

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: Economist]
    #6054814 - 09/12/06 07:45 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineEconomist
in training
 User Gallery

Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: ApJunkie]
    #6054912 - 09/12/06 08:07 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I really want to help, but the pictures won't load, can you maybed write out whatever it is in txt (so for off-topic post, btw)

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: dr0mni]
    #6055119 - 09/12/06 08:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

My god these conspiracy theories are flat out fucking dumb. The only way the WTC would fall timber style is if the plane had hit it like, at the 20th floor or something.

Btw, there are videos available that show the planes literally smacking into the towers. Who were flying those? Suicide CIA agents? What about the all the cell phone calls from people on the planes who said Arab men just hijacked their flight?

Seriously, these theories just keep getting dumber and sadder. The only "conspiracy theory" that even has an iola of weight would be the notion that the government knew Al Qaeda was poised to attack the WTC, but intentionally failed to halt it or intentionally did not connect the dots that would throw law enforcement into action. And even that is wild stretch.

Stupid college kids these days and their Loose Change DVDs. If it gets any more stupid, someone's gonna have to quarantine David Icke.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: Basilides]
    #6055131 - 09/12/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

they have used terrorist groups before, no reason they wouldn't again. Or it could have been remote control, which they did have the technology for.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: barfightlard]
    #6055164 - 09/12/06 08:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This flies in the face of clear unmitigated logic. People were calling loved ones from all 4 planes assessing the situation, and the 4-way consensus is evident: hijackers took over the planes. If you believe otherwise, you are believing a falsehood. Look, I know Bush is an idiot, but that's no reason to seep to his level.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: Basilides]
    #6055189 - 09/12/06 09:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

They did it with the WTC in the early 90's, minus the planes. And the document Operation Northwoods shows they were willing to do such a thing with planes.

Not aying it happened, but something doesn't add up.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: barfightlard]
    #6055204 - 09/12/06 09:07 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It's called a massive fucking intelligence failure.

--------------------

Offlinedegenerate182
stranger
Male

#6055240 - 09/12/06 09:15 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

the sad thing is when they build the freedom tower someone will just do it again...

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: degenerate182]
    #6055268 - 09/12/06 09:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Not as long as people remember not to trust Arab hijackers. That's what made 9-11 possible, the fact that no one considered the possibility that those guys were on a suicide mission.

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

#6055375 - 09/12/06 09:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

without the million dollar simulations you'd get the exact same falling in on itself like they did if you used a deck of cards

these people are clutching at straw

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

#6055402 - 09/12/06 09:57 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Not as long as people remember not to trust Arab hijackers. That's what made 9-11 possible, the fact that no one considered the possibility that those guys were on a suicide mission.

i watched a doco about the main hijacker abbas i think his name was the other night

that guy was a fucking fruitcake who basicly went on a jihad because they were building maccas in cairo and he couldnt find a job and resented the fact he could feed himself working in the free western world so did he blame his own government for lack of unemployment opportunities and land selloffs to build mc donalds restaurants?
nope he blamed the evil west

--------------------

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #6055485 - 09/12/06 10:14 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:
Stupid college kids these days and their Loose Change DVDs. If it gets any more stupid, someone's gonna have to quarantine David Icke.

Just be glad no one has pulled him into this....yet.... I think that maybe they knew it and let it happen anyways. That's pretty much where I draw the line. To me it is disturbing to even feel it necessary to entertain the idea that our govt was in on it though. What a fucked up world...

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #6055629 - 09/12/06 11:00 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Basilides said:

Yea... Those people are illogical brainless fucks.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: downforpot]
    #6056085 - 09/13/06 02:47 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Yea... Those people are illogical brainless fucks.

And hurling insults at people for thinking differently than you makes you what? Einstein?

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#6056212 - 09/13/06 04:38 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I wonder if anyone is investigating the possibility that aliens had something to do with the collapse?

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: zorbman]
    #6056223 - 09/13/06 04:50 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:
illegal aliens?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: zorbman]
    #6057599 - 09/13/06 03:48 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
I wonder if anyone is investigating the possibility that aliens had something to do with the collapse?

Steven Jones is hot on the case. Or maybe it's Jesus. Who knows?
http://www.physics.byu.edu/faculty/jones/rel491/handstext%20and%20figures.htm

--------------------

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Twin Towers "collapse" violates laws of physics (with scholarly link) [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6057679 - 09/13/06 04:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

So Al Qaeda put more bombs in the WTC on 9/11. They bombed one of the towers in 1993 and decided to use a lot more on 9/11.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom