Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Football Pool Week 2...With Week 1 Results
    #6053102 - 09/12/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, so this is just a week by week blog of my attemp to win the Illegal Football Pool at work. I lost by points this week. 28 people played, 4 people had 4 wrong, me and 3 others. The tie-breaker was the combined score of the last game, which was SD/Oakland. I had the points at 37. If Oakland would have put up 10, I would have won. That pisses me off...

Last Week = 11-5

Season Record = 11-5

Week 2 - Obviously, my picks are in bold.

Carolina @ Minnesota - Minnesota didnt look terrible Monday night, but they didnt look good either. Of course, Carolina was horrible as well. If Steve Smith is back, Carolina wins.

Buffalo @ Miami - Can Ronnie Brown handle being the go to guy? He never has been, but he needs to step it up. I'm taking Miami in tis one, but I'm less confident about this than any of the other picks.

Giants @ Philly - Mcnabb looked good, Westbrook looked good, Stallworth looked good. Eli was alright, but this is another good defense. Philly at home.

Saints @ Packers - Yes, the packers are HORRIBLE. Thank god for that. They arent this bad though. If they play two shitty games at home, theres going to be some more lambeau leaps, but I mean fans jumping off the stadium. Reggie is good, but he cant carry a team. Name one Saints receiver, I dare you....See?

Houston @ Indy - *cough*Blowout*cough*

Detroit @ Chicago - DA BEARS. Monsters of the Midway, Best of the Midwest, Defense of DOOM. Your 2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION CHICAGO BEARS.

Cleveland @ Bengals - I'm not sure whats up with Housh, but he's killing both the Bengals and my fantasy teams. Get it together. This is a good "Get It Straight" game for the Bengals, at home against a bad team.

Tampa Bay @ Atlana - Vick looked strong, did I see him throw a few right on the money? and he's still ridiculously fast. Chris Simms will be a good quarterback later in the season, but he needs some weapons.

Oakland @ Baltimore - Steve Mcnair, Jamal Lewis, and Ray Lewis vs. Aaron Brooks, Randy Moss, and Lamont Jordan...Hmmm...Thats a tough one.

Arizona @ Seattle - I'm taking Seattle with Deion Branch. 'Zona is a shitty defense, but if Seattle doesnt put up more points than they did last week, Arizona will cream them. (Yes, I said cream them) 9 points will not cut it week in and week out.

St Louis @ San Fransisco - Because San Fransisco is really bad. Honestly, is anyone against throwing Steve Young back in a uniforma nd seeing what he can do? How much worse could he be?

Tennesee @ San Diego - Show Me The LT! Dominating performance last night. Chargers remind me of the Steelers last year. Dominating defense, 3 great RB's, and a Semi-Rookie QB who, if you dont ask him to do much, has the potential to win you some games down the road. Look Out.

New England
@ New York Jets - How is Chad Pennington suddenly the second coming of Joe Namath? He's a bum QB with a bum shoulder and no receieving corps to speak of. And people LOVE him...WTF? As for New England, how the fuck did they steal Maroney? He looks like the next big stud RB to me. You cant say they'll miss Branch, because Bellicheck has his whole "Throw to the TE's" thing working well. They'll score more this week.

Chiefs @ Denver - I hate Jake Plummer, I hate the Broncos, and I hate Denver. But Trent Green wont play, I've NEVER heard of either one of the Chiefs back-ups, and the Denver defense looked pretty suffocating against M. Bulger and company.

Washington @ Dallas - The Redskins showed some guts last week and pulled it out, but Dallas didnt look so bad themselves. I have to think Dallas is better than Minnesota, and the Redskins couldnt pull that off, soooo. Where is this Dallas defense I keep hearing so much about though?

Pittsburgh
@ Jacksonville - Sorry for picking against you last week. It was a stupid move. I still say Jacksonville is a good team, I like Byron, but the Steelers showed me why they won the superbowl...And no, it wasnt because of the officiating, you whining sissies. STFU.

Thats that, then. Let me know what you's thinks. I havent turned in my picks yet, so if you have a decent arguement, lemme hear it.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Football Pool Week 2...With Week 1 Results [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6053119 - 09/12/06 11:29 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The Saints and the Bills will win.

Miami couldn't stop Willie Parker, and I think Willis McGahee will have a big game against them. And the Buffalo defense is looking staunch this season, I smell a pick or two coming from culpepper.

Also, Carolina is gonna start this season 0 and 2 if Steve smith doesn't play.

And I'm not sure if he will or not.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6053122 - 09/12/06 11:30 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with every single pick you made except 1

no way will the packers beat the saints and reggie bush.

and that miami vs. buffalo game will be much closer than many think. they should have beaten NE.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Football Pool Week 2...With Week 1 Results [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6053125 - 09/12/06 11:30 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

wow. great minds think alike.

--------------------

Male

Re: Football Pool Week 2...With Week 1 Results [Re: Banez]
    #6053130 - 09/12/06 11:31 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

If Troy Williamson can learn to catch beautiful perfect passes that he should catch...then Carolina will lose.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6053142 - 09/12/06 11:34 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i really like minnesota this year, atleast as a possible wild card. the way they were able to move the ball last night was nice. althou they didnt exactly play against the best defense in the league.

Carolina will def pressure BJ a lot more and probably limit the success of chester taylor also with their amazing front 4

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #6053165 - 09/12/06 11:43 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Okay...The thing with the saints is they have Reggie Bush...thats IT. No one player is going to win you a game. By your estimation, the Chiefs should win because they have Larry Johnson, the best RB ion football.

Ahman Green looked prety fucking good against the best defense in the league this week, right? Plus, he pack just signed Koren Robinson, who, alcoholism aside, is a DAMN good receiver.

And you jump teams every week. 2 weeks ago you had the PACKERS in the Play-offs, now you say theres no way they'll beat MINNESOTA, who EKED out a win against a team that hadnt made it past MIDFIELD all Pre-Season.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6053228 - 09/12/06 11:55 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

im not jumping on the saints band wagon. they just have a team who will beat the packers. who YES i was wrong about. saints dont just have reggie bush. they also have deuce mcallister. drew brees. and joe horn. all pro-bowl players.

--------------------

Male

#6053424 - 09/12/06 01:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Drew Brees, Joe Horn, Deuce, AND Reggie. I think Reggie makes a big enough difference to take them seriously.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6053696 - 09/12/06 02:38 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

the only thing i would really question about the saints is their defense.. and it seems like the teams down there are much improved.. like atlanta who looked fairly solid in week 1, they look much improved on the defensive side of the ball.

--------------------

Male

#6053701 - 09/12/06 02:39 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The Atlanta defense is sick. John Abraham was such a huge pickup...he was great with the Jets and he's the type of player that is gonna flourish in new surroundings, especially with an offense as exciting as they have. Vick is gonna run all over the place and the defense is gonna be pumped to take the field and hold the lead.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6053713 - 09/12/06 02:42 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

do u think atlanta is a serious playoff contender.. im still kinda out on them.. i mean i love dunn, crumpler, jenkins at wr.. and of course vick.. but vick is usually pretty inconsistant

--------------------

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6053807 - 09/12/06 03:07 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

hold up, did he say the bears are going to win the SB who got spanked by carolina, who got spanked by the seahawks,

that team needs an offense with their overrated defense,

and our offense is #1 in the league last yr, our defense was #1 in sacks and #2 in redzone stops, which why again Ben Rolisburger came up short, and our D is even more stacked this yr, our linebackers are second to none, we pulled two pro bowlers right out of the draft,

yeah I got the aints beating the Packers,

Edited by capliberty (09/12/06 03:09 PM)

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Football Pool Week 2...With Week 1 Results [Re: capliberty]
    #6053852 - 09/12/06 03:18 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i didnt say anything about chicago winning shit. i think they are extremely over-rated and have had the benefit of having one of the easiest divisions in the NFL.

--------------------

Male

#6053944 - 09/12/06 03:49 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I think Atlanta is a serious contender as long as Michael Vick doesn't get injured. If he gets injured, no. There are other teams in the NFL that can survive major losses to injury, just like in baseball (YANKEES), but not the Falcons. Schaub at QB? haha.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6053954 - 09/12/06 03:51 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

lol, weren't the bears braggin about beating up on carolina, then carolina came into solider field and had the steve smith show, were was your D then?

steve smith came into our house, and we're T'n off on him,

only thing I can say for the bears is that they have some funny celebrations, ours aren't so great, with rock-the-baby and the sprinkler,

Male

#6053959 - 09/12/06 03:53 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Banez isn't a bears fan dumbass, reply to the right people....that was madtowntripper., Please learn how to use the quickreply feature. Shit.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6053994 - 09/12/06 04:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I know he's a cowboys fan, I was talking about workpool dude, and I know about the quickreply, but yeah I'll use it more

Male

#6054003 - 09/12/06 04:06 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

You just used it wrong :tongue: You replied to yourself :wink:

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6054055 - 09/12/06 04:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

stick to your boring ass baseball alright, and those stupid Yankees who hand out 150 million dollar contracts to subpar players,

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
3,625 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.