Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehonswagler
Stranger
little tiny arms reaching into the great yonder
    #604397 - 04/10/02 02:07 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,

I'm growing P. Cubensis on BFV, PF style. One cake had slightly puffier "mycelium" on one spot than the others. I figured at first it was because I had stuck a drinking straw into the cake to deliver water. The puffier "mycelium" was found near the site of the straw entrance. After a while the puffy "mycelium" began to devlop structure, like little arms reaching out. The cake smelled of moldy bread, so needless to say I gave it a chuck. But, any Ideas on what that mold was. Are the other cakes at risk of catching it?

Cheers,

Honswagler

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
Re: little tiny arms reaching into the great yonder [Re: honswagler]
    #604420 - 04/10/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like you threw out a perfectly normal cake.

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #604569 - 04/10/02 05:16 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I agree, sounds normal. Rizomorphic growth, not sure if I spelled that right.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #606092 - 04/12/02 05:11 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Next time you'll know dude, ask first them throw away.

honswagler 0
mushrooms 1

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflinePachanguero
    #606117 - 04/12/02 06:13 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I had the same issue with a cake of mine ( I think it was B+). Didn't notice any strange smell, but the thing started growing what looked like tentacles.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum2&Number=576973&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=tentacles&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=576973

I think this was caused by the bubble stone I had running in the terrarium: it would splash a little water nearby, which was where the cake was. So the cake would get a little shower, and wherever the water landed, the mycelium just sucked it up and reached out for more.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck