Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePlaceholder
Invisible manwith thesee-through mind
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
LSD-first/ advice
    #6038971 - 09/07/06 04:33 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hey everyone, i will soon be getting some LSD, and am just looking for some advice. I am a regular herb smoker, but have never taken any psychedelics before. I was wondering whether people here would recommend experiencing mushrooms first, or if LSD for a first time would be fine. Since i will have access to multiple hits, i was thinking of taking half a hit for my first time (i am a small guy, 5'7" and 130 pounds). I will also have the advantage of knowing potency beforehand, as a more experienced friend will be taking them first, while i just chill out and sit(mainly to handle the phone/door/unseen problems). I have done alot of research on the subject, and was just wondering if anyone had any other advice for me.

thanks,
-place

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineevolprim
human
Male User Gallery

Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: Placeholder]
    #6039038 - 09/07/06 04:56 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

take a hit or 2

enjoy!

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

#6039040 - 09/07/06 04:56 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Listen here, bub.

Take a whole one. Trust me. You have a much higher chancer of having a way too lame chance than having one too intense on one hit, and if it is really intense, chances are, you'll love it. It's REALLY magical the first time.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #6039054 - 09/07/06 05:00 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'd go ahead and take two, to be honest. I'm sure one will be grand, but, potency pending, it may not be enough to get a good feel for it. Plus, in the rare event something turns out not so right, you've got a close friend nearby to help you through it.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6039063 - 09/07/06 05:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

LSD for a first time will be fine. My first time tripping was with 2 hits of decent lsd and though it was quite weak acid, the experience was definately amazing.

Being outside is probably one of the best places for a great first trip.
An open feild and some stars really can work wonders.

I would actually recommend that you eat atleast 2/3 of a hit. That way you will almost definately "feel it" and then you will know how potent the lsd is.

I can easily feel one half of a hit no matter how shitty the acid is. The kind of trip that it provides is not something that will give you an accurate indication of how you react to lsd. (depending on the potency)-->With one half hit you might actually learn very little about how much you want to take next time, or how good your acid is.
Id would honestly say, take 2/3rds of a hit atleast. You really cant go wrong. Chances are you dont have extreemely potent blotter acid, and even if you did, that VERY LIKELY will not be too much for a first time.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: yageman]
    #6039077 - 09/07/06 05:06 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Sun rise/sunset is key, not to mention the clouds. I've never been able to see stars on my three voyages with LSD, but I bet they're purty.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: demiu5]
    #6039125 - 09/07/06 05:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I have tripped on acid probably about 50 times. I have never tripped the whole time inside. Mostly all of the trips were outside for the duration and then I would go indoors for the tail end of the comedown and smoke pot. Any high dose I ever took was definately outside.

I too have scheduled trips based on the sunset, or the often more amazing sunrise, or both.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflinePlaceholder
Male

#6039181 - 09/07/06 05:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the advice everyone. Yeah, i think i will take one to start off, and my plan was to spend lots of time outside. One more question, how much time should i have completely free to do this? Would it be okay to take a hit at about 5/6pm if i work the next morning at 10am? Or should i wait for more free time (as in a complete weekend off)?

thanks,
-place

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

#6039232 - 09/07/06 05:47 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

For example, I took two hits Monday of some decently potent LSD.  I can safely say there had to have been some potency degradation due to heat on at least two occasions, and it is about 3 months old or older by now.  But I took it around 10:30, it hit me full on by 11:30, and the effects started waning around 6.  Effects completely wore off by 10.  The first time I took it, I redosed, so I can't give an accurate calculation, but it lasted for a good 10 hours of strong effects, before I redosed.

I'd take it earlier in the afternoon if possible, that is if you're dead set on taking it tomorrow, and physically you *should* be back to normal by the morning.  However, you may not feel normal, i.e. socially or cognitively.

Use your discretion and enjoy the love :sun:

--------------------

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: demiu5]
    #6039243 - 09/07/06 05:51 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I suggest that you just take one for your first time to get a feel for it. I'm almost positive you'll love it and want to do it again, and when you do, you can drop a higher dose if you feel like you want to up the intensity.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: Ashland]
    #6039466 - 09/07/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Remember, it kind of sucks to only be tripping a little bit.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6039686 - 09/07/06 08:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
LSD for a first time will be fine.  My first time tripping was with 2 hits of decent lsd and though it was quite weak acid, the experience was definately amazing.

Being outside is probably one of the best places for a great first trip.
  An open feild and some stars really can work wonders.

Eat at least a whole hit, if not 2....your blotters are probably no more than 100-125ugs, and may very well be less....no way to know for sure.  I took 3 (they were big, so it was prob. closer to 4 hits) of extremely clean and potent blotter my first time.....and it was wonderful. The intensity was off the richter scale, I was spun beyond all belief; 4 years and countless trips later that experience STILL blows my mind when I look back on it. LSD fits me like a glove, and therefore I had an incredible time, but that's just me....not everyone would have handled it as well. So.....I recommend 1-2 (perhaps 1 and a half) hits. That should give you an idea of what LSD is like. IMO/IME it takes at least 2 hits of good blotter to really show you what LSD is all about. My personal & current fav. dosage is 4-5 hits of really good blotter or gel tabs (IME liquid can often be a lot more potent, and therefore 2-3 will do) with no tolerence, more if I have a tolerence.

Super strong blotter (1 hit puts you way out into the stars) is out there...but not widely available; it's specially laid, and only available to a "restricted"/experienced group of people, and those people are told of the potency beforehand....so I don't think you'll have any trouble with a couple hits.  I was lucky enough to get a couple doses of specially laid blotter....1 hit was literally equal to 2-3 really good ones, and it was so fucking clean.....mmmmnnnnnn :tongue: :laugh: 1 quarter inch by quarter inch of white water color paper..... :crazy2: :heart: :sun:

I can only imagine if the doses I got my first time were that potent (The come up is so subtle, and  I didn't know the signs....it's really subtle/mellow...than all of the sudden......ZOOM, you're spun.  :grin: Not knowing this I wound up eating 3 hits, and as I said they were incredible so I got shattered. Hence the reason most blotter is generally no more than 100ugs

I hope this helps, and happy trails.....LSD is amazing.....take yagemans advice and do it out side, at night....with a field around.....the stars + fields is indeed beyond description. I won't trip inside again.

--------------------

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6039929 - 09/07/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I recommend:

T - 2 hours: Fill a bath tub with bush's baked beans
T - 1 hour: Drink a bottle of laxatives
T - 0 hours: Consume 3-5 hits of acid
T + 0.5 hours: Consume bath tub full of bush's baked beans
T + 2.5 hours: Take a dump right next to your local police station
T + 2.75 hours: Run away, while pooping.

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

Loc: so cal
Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: thatiAM]
    #6040088 - 09/07/06 10:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

thatiAM said:
I recommend:

T - 2 hours:  Fill a bath tub with bush's baked beans
T - 1 hour:  Drink a bottle of laxatives
T - 0 hours:  Consume 3-5 hits of acid
T + 0.5 hours: Consume bath tub full of bush's baked beans
T + 2.5 hours: Take a dump right next to your local police station
T + 2.75 hours: Run away, while pooping.

lol :smirk:

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: BlindLemon]
    #6040147 - 09/07/06 11:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

lots of conflicting messages here which really makes your job easier.
your mind was made up at the beginning, you have experienced friends
lots of encouragement for a whole one
and
if a half is not good enough
take the other by all means,
but I would wait for at least 3 hours before taking that other half.

also if you do just half - which I think is amazing for weight etc.,
you have the benefit of the other half on another day.

and, as you have access to more
on another day you could try a full one.

I feel better encouraging a gentler exploration
after all it is your mind that you are experimenting in.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflinePlaceholder
Male

Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6044680 - 09/09/06 04:39 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the advice everyone...

redgreenvines:yeah, i will be buying multiple hits so i will be able to increase my dosage over time

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #6047727 - 09/10/06 06:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'd wait until you have a free weekend. Tripping when you realise you have work the next day can be a real drag! It puts extra stress on the trip because you HAVE to be down before you go to work the next day.

OfflinePlaceholder
Male

Re: LSD-first/ advice [Re: Sheepish]
    #6047737 - 09/10/06 06:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, i am going to trip after work when i have the next day off

Offlinejiggety7
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6047753 - 09/10/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I jsut tripped LSD my first time yesterday and it was mind blowing. It was one hit of good acid and i just had the best time of my life. I dosed at 8 am and by 11 I still felt really stoned. Today I feel 100% Chances are you wont sleep if you take it at 6 pm.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6047772 - 09/10/06 07:11 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It really is amazing to be around people that are not used to such an experience the day after and see just how serious the elongated part of the experience really is.

The first time I used lsd I came back into highschool the next day(still funked out thoroughly) and was almost gawking at my friends thinking, wow, im a whole different animal now.....no shit(it was a real feeling, so its not like I felt that I was better than anyone else, but I knew I saw more than ever before). That never scared me though, I was just evolving very quickly so the contrast between the now and my life before hand seemed very obvious and pretty surreal. To say that it opened my mind even the first time is an understatement. The after effects were intense.......(it was the first hallucinogen I ever used though I was a pretty serious pot smoker at that time.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies