Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebigshroom
Stranger

Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!)
    #6032385 - 09/05/06 05:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Well today me and a buddy headed the advice to go hunt for some shroomies. After an hour of searching we found 1 shroom. Being a little disappointed we started to leave and then looking the field right across the road. There were hundreds. Here are a couple of pictures.

A picture of our first gathering (about 1/100 of what is out there)

Same with this one

This is the biggest "cube" we found. I am hoping these are cubes?! Anyone gave an id on it. (found in field, white thick stack, brown gills, white cap)

Another angle of the same one

Again

We found a few where the cap was a little more circle shaped and the gills were pinkish like these. Does anyone have a guess on these?

Close up of the pink ones
[imagehttp://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e23/Biglandy71/HPIM0701.jpg[/image]

Here is a picture of a weird looking brown gilled one...is it rotting or just old? ill do some research on rotting

We also found these in the lawn next to the house. They were huge and most of them were molding but a few were ok...I think. Any ID on these? Gills don’t look it up are bluish green.

That’s about it. If we can get a positive ID or idea that these are cubies or any active we will be going back tomorrow to collect more. Thanks everybody!

--------------------
Everything posted is fake and for fun...

Cheapest Mya Saray Hookahs on the internet. http://www.hookah-nation.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitV
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: bigshroom]
    #6032409 - 09/05/06 05:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Not cubes.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #6032411 - 09/05/06 05:53 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i wouldnt eat those. they dont look like cubs to me.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #6032419 - 09/05/06 05:53 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Some of those definitely are not cubes (if not all of them). You probably have a mixed bunch and should sporeprint them all. Take some pictures of the caps of the other ones, in the pictures we can only see gills.

Edited by Rebirtha (09/05/06 05:55 PM)

Offlinebigshroom
Stranger

Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: Rebirtha]
    #6032471 - 09/05/06 06:11 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ouch thats dissapointing  :mad: :sad:

So waht do yall think they could be? All non-active?
I am spore printing them now and have a few extra picts i just took.

What am i looking for in the spore print?
Man I hope some of them are active ...

Here are some of the caps and such...

Also since it is a rather large field (90 acres) what should we look for if we are looking for cubes? or actives? What differeniates them from others like these? Since these are all there are there even actives out there? (if im not allowed to ask this im REALLY sorry)

Thank yall for your help, sorry i have so many questions...damn noob  :blush:

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #6032541 - 09/05/06 06:33 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl2: The mother Load of Agaricus.. Oh and a nasty ol green gills... But no Cubes..Take that from a Texan :wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineApJunkie
part-time Ninja
Male

Loc: Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:Loc:
Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: YESSUP]
    #6032589 - 09/05/06 06:45 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Pwn3d

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: ApJunkie]
    #6032619 - 09/05/06 06:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

lol, those aren't cubes... I've seen that one trick alot of people but they usually only grow on grass, not dung.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: I2ancid]
    #6032623 - 09/05/06 06:51 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

also got a chlormidium morbylidite (sp?) DON'T EAT IT, I knew someone who ate 1 cap, it wasent pretty.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Offlinemateoonfire
Stranger

Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: I2ancid]
    #6032751 - 09/05/06 07:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

not chlorophyllum molybdites, those grow crazy around where i live. They are always in peoples lawns and appear in fairy rings very often. Molybdites also has a very flaky cap and a narrow, straight stem with a veil remnant.

Edited by mateoonfire (09/05/06 07:19 PM)

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: mateoonfire]
    #6032785 - 09/05/06 07:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Definitely at least two chlorophyllum molybdites. Can see the green gills clear as day on the second pic. Rest are all agaricus as others said. Hope you didn't eat any of those.

Offlinebigshroom
Stranger

#6032796 - 09/05/06 07:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Alright well that sucks. Still it was cool to finally find some mushies. I think we are going back to the fields tomorrow. Anything to keep an eye out for?

Also there was this one mushroom starting to grow that we didnt touch bc it was so small but the cap was white with bumps on it like a frog (also white). Any idea of this thing?

Thanks agian.

--------------------

Offlinewortiesbo
Male

Loc: new vegas
Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: xmush]
    #6032802 - 09/05/06 07:29 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i didnt know people have actually mistaken other mushrooms for cubensis... i think you should do some homework before you hurt yourself lol.

--------------------

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #6032808 - 09/05/06 07:31 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Look up pics of Psilocybe cubensis. Some of the differences between them and what you found are as follows: the gills will be pale to brown depending on age, there will usually be a ring around the stem that is pretty flimsy compared to the ring on the green gills or agaricus, and it will have purple colored spores coating the top. The cubies will bruise blue or blue green where you cut them. If you take a spore print it will have a definite purplish brown coloring to it. Spore print some of those agaricus, they will be more of a plain brown. They will be the same size as the agaricus mushies, though maybe not as thick. Just do a search on this site, or look at the top thread where it says gulf coast cube thread. There are hundreds of pics in there.

good luck

Offlinebigshroom
Stranger

#6032851 - 09/05/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Aight, haha as you said wortiesbo we dont want to hurt ourselfs thats why I posted it here and thanks for all the help guys. Thank you xmush, hopeufully tomorrows search will be more positive. Ill post some pictures tomorrow if we find anything else.

On a cattle ranch would cubes only grow on new poo, old poo, grass around it, or what? Also bc it is Sep. is it to late in the season for cubies?

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #6032872 - 09/05/06 07:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

What X said...

And to the guy that said that those aint Green Gills... Dude, Look at the Pics!

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Edited by YESSUP (09/05/06 07:45 PM)

Offlinewortiesbo
Male

Loc: new vegas
Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: YESSUP]
    #6032880 - 09/05/06 07:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you should check in aged poo.

--------------------

Offlinefunknsoul
Male

Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: wortiesbo]
    #6032944 - 09/05/06 08:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't see a single active shroom in any pic. Trash those man... Please don't eat any - and do some reading so that you can better identify cubies.

OfflineFerretWhip
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: funknsoul]
    #6033006 - 09/05/06 08:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I think you got Agaricus's of some kind.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

Re: Found a Motherload of Texas Cubies!? (PICS!) [Re: mateoonfire]
    #6033251 - 09/05/06 09:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mateoonfire said:
not chlorophyllum molybdites, those grow crazy around where i live. They are always in peoples lawns and appear in fairy rings very often. Molybdites also has a very flaky cap and a narrow, straight stem with a veil remnant.

Dude, I know what molybdites are and I'm positive some are. Also molybdites don't have remnants, they have actual veils. Remnant veils are barely visible.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale