Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineradical1
Stranger
Fly Agaric. Worth it or not?
    #6030411 - 09/05/06 03:29 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Im my frustration at not being able to find any libs i bought a pack of dried Fly Agaric from an online headshop.... 12.5g

Now ive done a lot of reading from good to bad. some say its great, but a lot say its bad so now im having second thoughts...

Anybody who has eaten them can give me some advice and experiences? Shall i eat the whole bag (12.5g) is that about one dose?

Advice appreciated....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoker
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: outer spiral arm
Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: radical1]
    #6030442 - 09/05/06 04:30 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The only good thing I can say abut them is that I felt absolutley fantastic the next day! The mushrooms just put me to sleep after a couple of hours of feeling dizzy, and they don't taste too flash either.

It was almost worth it though for the wonderfull clarity I felt the next couple of days.

--------------------

Offlineradical1
Stranger
Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: Roker]
    #6030503 - 09/05/06 06:50 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Mmmm interesting.. thanks.

OfflineSineSierra
Stranger
    #6030562 - 09/05/06 07:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I have tried them one time, very recently, and the best advice I would give is be sure not to eat too much. They took several hours before I felt any real effects, and by then I had stupidly eaten about 12 grams of them. As with any substance, be careful.

Many people say they don't make you trip. However, I don't know how else to describe Amanita's effects on me.....perhaps lucid dreaming? I ended up wetting my bed and stumbling around in my city downtown. Take them and be prepared to sleep. You will most likely manifest some wicked dreams!

Offlineradical1
Stranger
Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: SineSierra]
    #6030570 - 09/05/06 08:04 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

cheers. ive done 6g so will leave it at that and see how it goes.... let you know!!

OfflineGSxx83
He, Himself
Male

Loc: EARTH
    #6030679 - 09/05/06 09:14 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

please do share

Offlinemellowrubberduck
NDE on 7/8/06
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: GSxx83]
    #6030698 - 09/05/06 09:25 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

If I was given the oppurtunity to dose fly agaric again, and had better circumstances than the last time, I would do it. ~12g at once is, well, intense, so I would knock a few grams off. And, I never really take anybody else's word of advice because of one reason - everybody has different preferences. If something about the mushroom interests you, then find out for yourself *exactly* what it is like, and not somebody else's words. Even with a journalist's vocabulary, there is still no real way to explain any experience.

For me, it was definitely worth it - I'm still trying to sort out that trip in the beginning of July =/

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#6030707 - 09/05/06 09:32 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I had a terrible time for several days with one of my experience with them. SEVERE Cramping. Cold sweats all through the nights and mild delirium...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineSineSierra
Stranger
Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #6030735 - 09/05/06 09:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, please let us know how your experience goes! Mine was only unpleasant in any sense due to the fact that I was "tripping" solo and my family was present at the time. Had I been completely alone/with fellow trippers or just non-judgmental friends, I'm sure it would have been MUCH more fulfilling. I do know that next time, I'm cutting my dose by a third. Good luck!!!

Offlineradical1
Stranger
    #6031165 - 09/05/06 12:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

OK so this thread started as a request for advice (much apprecioated by the way)... its turned into kind of a review...

Took about 6-7g of fly agaric at 3pm... after an hour i was feeling a little warm and fuzzy in the head and my pupils had started to dilate... i would say about 6pm was the peak (3 hours after taking) eyes are quite wide and i just feeling chilled and a bit spacey... Nothing exciting no, no visuals or nothing. Its 8pm now and i know i have def peaked and coming down. eys still dilated and a bit spacey but just more tired and chilled out....

Not a bad experience but not the "trip" that i wanted....
Ill keep hunting those elusive little lib caps! - another 2 hour hunt today and nothing!!

InvisibleWholefoods
It's a gift
 User Gallery

Loc: Outer Heaven
    #6031247 - 09/05/06 12:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Indeed. I would have suggested you take the whole 12.5grams.

They say 5-10 grams is the "average" dose.

The highest dose I have taken was 17.5g and on that I knew I tripped. There was no denying it. I lost visual contact for a little while on that dose.

I wouldn't think that hallucinations will occur for most people with anything less then 10g though.

I plan on taking 20grams pretty soon. I need to plan for it though. However I doubt I'll be ready, no matter how much I plan. .__.

--------------------
later gator

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: Wholefoods]
    #6032001 - 09/05/06 03:56 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm for amanita to work to the fullest it usually requires focus and meditation tho not in all cases i have had over 30 experiences with them at least. I have had complete OBEs from them using only 3 grams but i had to lay down and meditate and i was sent to another world that cant be put into words it was so different and laws of physics did not apply. other times i have had 9 grams make me feel like i was going to collapse. then other time i split 1.7oz with 3 people and had a crazy trip more along the lines of a trip where i could feel the music, look at a wall and it felt like i was touching it, everything looking like its under water, increased sense of taste. amanita are very very strange and effects vary batch to batch. Also preparation of them can drastically change the effects also drinking milk with them makes a huge difference. seriously i recommend starting low. judging on the fact you got em from a head shop makes it way harder to dose. i have found for wild ones 1 amanita tends to do the job while online ones you need 1-28 grams which is really sketchy i hate getting stuff i put in my body from people i dunno specially with amanita because that means some random person picked em. i think the main use is shamanistic trancing. BTW amanitas are effected by the moon cycle greatly.

for you first try i suggest 8 grams crushed, in cheese eggs with sage and cannabis in the eggs and if you can get it wormwood. then once 1hr 30min into it smoking a blend of amanita wormwood cannabis.
the main effects will start to hit at the 2hr mark i suggest meditation and you should be able to go any where. i just have to say use care, stay focused and give the amanita their proper respect and they should respect you.

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlineradical1
Stranger
Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: thedudenj]
    #6034240 - 09/06/06 03:47 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

cool some pretty good advice there. thanks.

OfflineRoker
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: outer spiral arm
    #6034272 - 09/06/06 04:37 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

One more thing you may (or may not) like to try - drink your own piss! the kidneys concentrate the active principles and you can reach deeper levels this way.

A couple of ice cubes and a slice of lemon and you can convince yourself you're drinking a rather nasty cocktail...

--------------------

Offlineradical1
Stranger
Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: Roker]
    #6034459 - 09/06/06 08:42 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

laughing my ass off at the thought...! I had read that. i been reading up on loads of info on this site and just google searching etc....

i think i would hurl though!  Think ill pass....

Just to add to my description - thru the night had vivid dreams and woke a few times with stomach cramps... nothin bad though... was prob more to do with the family sized bag of milky bar buttons i had before bed rather than the shrooms :smile:

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
    #6036486 - 09/06/06 08:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

actually, the pee thing is true... There's a few african tribes and I believe in some parts of asia, where they would elect a person to eat a near-lethal dose of hallucinogenic mushrooms, drink around 16 ounces of water, and as soon as they pissed the water into a gourd, they'd induce vomitting... The resulting urine would contain a concentrated amount of actives, but none of the upset stomach or other negative side-effects.

A pretty ingenious plan for something that started hundreds of years ago... using the kidneys of a single person in order to make life easier for dozens of others... shroom martyrdom!

Also, if you've never drank your own piss, you should probably try it... It doesn't taste bad at all, as long as it's fresh... If it gets to room temp, it'll go bad and you'll get the ammonia forming... bad idea to drink it then... So either piss right into a glass of ice, or pee into a mug with a green tea bag... Both ways work and taste excellent.

Just some friendly advice from a recreational piss drinker!

--------------------

OfflineSineSierra
Stranger
Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: liamtheloser]
    #6044533 - 09/09/06 03:14 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

what the hell?

i've never hear the term "recreational piss drinker" used before.....and now feel strangely liberated reading that.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #6044801 - 09/09/06 07:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Not worth it.

OfflineSineSierra
Stranger
Re: Fly Agaric. Worth it or not? [Re: Newbie]
    #6044822 - 09/09/06 07:33 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

how about all this talk about smoking them? i wouldn't mind a mild buzz every now and then as opposed to any sort of "trip."

how long would any effects last if smoked?
(and i bet the taste resembles shite)

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #6044859 - 09/09/06 07:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Smoking doesn't work[for me]. Others claim it does, but it didn't when I smoked them. I smoked 2 whole 4" diameter capsworth and nothing really happened. Then I smoked weed and I was high.

Edited by Newbie (09/09/06 08:28 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag