Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineestaesPACO
re-initiated

Loc: neither here nor there
Jars Too Dry After PC-ing???
    #602804 - 04/08/02 11:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Saturday night, @ about 11 P.M. I PC-d 16 jars in two separate pressure cookers (8 jars in each). After they were done, P-Cooker #1 still had steam proliferating from the top of the P-cooker. P-Cooker #2 barely had any steam coming from the top and there was a distinct grainy (BRF) smell coming from it. When I removed them from the burners to store in a closet, I noticed that PC #1 had water sloshing around in it still, While in P.C. #2 all I heard was the PF jars clinking around inside (no water)

I allowed them to cool off for 24 hrs. And sunday night @ 11 P.M. I started to innioculate them with B+ and Gulf coast strains.

This is my first try at growing, so don't laugh @ me. I first removed the jars from PC #2 to inncoulate with the B+ syringe (From Ralphster, BTW). The inside of the PC was bone dry. The first jar I innoculated, I had the spore solution come out with no problem, except that The spore water drizzled down the inside of the glass, with little actually being absorbed into the cake. And when the solution actually came in contact with the cake, it absorbed it rapidly and there was an obvious "wet spot" on the cake.
(Here's where you'll laugh)
Frantic, I sacrificed a jar from PC #2 to see what the consistency was like (too dry or wet).... The inside of the lid had some condensed water, and when removing the dry vermiculite layer, and touching the cake, it had the texture of oatmeal that has been left out for a day. It was moldable like playdough, though.

I sacrificed a jar From PC #1, only to find it had the same texture, even though there was about 1" of standing water in the bottom of the P.C.

I went ahead and innoculated four (total) jars from #2 with an entire syringe of B+.
Then I innoculated the 6 remaining jars from PC # 1 with G.C., and the 3 remaining from P.C. #2(the dry one)

Are the cakes too dry?
Did I pack the BRF/Verm enough to fill the jars, or did they recede from water loss?

Please, any comments would appreciated.

EstaesPACO
"Signing off"

--------------------
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently ." - Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: Jars Too Dry After PC-ing??? [Re: estaesPACO]
    #603043 - 04/09/02 05:57 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Only time will tell. As for water content inside the PC goes i think it's an usual problem among newbies so don't you worry about that, it happened to me once, i tried the cakes and they were good after all.
Anyway, take more care next time, PCs are like bombs if not handled correctly.

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #603067 - 04/09/02 07:05 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

hey man-be glad your jars didnt break :smile:

i think its a good thing when u can see the spores running down the glass on the inside-evenly distributed that way :smile:
my substarte is always like oatmeal-but my jars are always slow as hell,i think im getting mine too wet-the always take forever,but produce massive amounts-i have found that the longer the jar takes the more shrooms for me(maybe not everyone,but thats my opinon)unless its contaminated- 

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #603137 - 04/09/02 09:06 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like you are well on your way. It takes a while to learn how to do everything. I remember the first time I used my PC. Filled it and let it go... the thing started making all kinds of noise with steam gushing out. I was hiding behind the couch in the other room in case the thing exploded.

Be sure you keep a journal of what happens to each jar or set of jars so that you can build on your experience next time. Don't be specific enough that your journal can be used against you if the courts ever get ahold of it.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinenw2shroom
shroom deity
Loc: Tu hablas el Spanglish??
    #616692 - 04/23/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

hahahaha, - haha

OfflineestaesPACO
re-initiated

Loc: neither here nor there
Re: Jars Too Dry After PC-ing??? [Re: nw2shroom]
    #616735 - 04/23/02 07:47 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

You mock me!!!! What are you trying to insinuate? Did I fuck up royally............ you know, during pc-ing?

PEACE
Paco

--------------------
"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher regard those who think alike than those who think differently ." - Nietzsche

Offlinenw2shroom
shroom deity
Loc: Tu hablas el Spanglish??
    #616914 - 04/23/02 11:39 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

you had something smart to say to my post biotch ,
your jars are fuuucked,,,,,
try again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag