Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
The rapture is coming. Letter I recieved in mail
    #6027510 - 09/04/06 09:04 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I posted this in S&P aswell, but id like to know if anyone here has anything to say, as our politics are greatly influenced by the church.

I just got this little peice of mail from in my new apartment mailbox that not many people know the address to.

It starts saying the bible's prophecies have known time and time again to be 100% accurate. Then it shows me a 2 page list of prophecies and where they are quoted, and how they were fufilled.

It then goes into detail about how Israel was torn down, and then reborn...and there is such political work drama over that area, wich lacks resources...and the main reason is because this is the place God said to be the "cup of trembling" and "burdensome stone" and apparently that is what is going on there right now?

They also have a random quote, taken from Wikipedia...though known to be pretty accurate to me doesnt seem to professional.

The letter then goes into detail of how there are so many wars, disease, crimes, etc and the frequency is getting greater and greater...aswell as natural disasters. Wich means the end of times are near.

On the third page it goes into detail how homosexuality is on the rise, and "running rampant." It is a a rebellious sin, and a violation of ones own consciousness.

Next is "Bestiality" where they discuss how sex with animals is a sin, and on the rise as well.

"For years, New Age groups have said that people can make the world a better place. It's obvious that's not true. For thousands of years, we've tried and failed. Recent events give testament to that....As the Bible says, peace will never come to this planet until Jesus returns."

"There have been lots of headlines lately on Russia, China, Iran, and Syria. These severity of these headlines, from rogue nuclear programs to new missile deployments against Israel has many people frightened and worries about the future of the world. The interactions of these nations are lining up to begin to fufill the prophecies of Ezekiel 38, Zechariah and Zephaniah. there may also be parallels, or types of shadows, between the Babylon in Jeremiah 51 and the United States.

It appears that the draw of prophecy is greater than human action - meaning that no matter what these world leaders do, they are unable to act in any way other than the fulfillment of prophecy.

When you read news stories that look like war in the making, do not be surprised. Also, at the same time, understand that these new stories and economic reports that speculate the end of American dominance as a world power or the demise of the world economy are part of prophecy being fulfilled before your eyes.

These are not modern-day prophets warning you of pending doom. They are reporters reporting the news from a secular worldview. The vast majority of them have no concept of the spiritual importance of their words. They are only reporting what they see before them or are trying to predict outcomes based on the most current information.

It may be helpful to look at these reports as fulfillments of prophecy, not indicators of it. In fact, the faster these events occur, the faster we will see our Lord. It is better then to look forward with fascinating expectation to each day and what it has in store.

The United States will likely go through some very difficult times ahead; we may even "take the bullet," so to speak, for Israel. Nevertheless, our hearts should be prepared for Jesus, not this world. And whatever happens, it will be covered by Him who died for us.'

"PS For those of you who still believe that evolution is what created the diversity of life that inhabits the planet, consider this: The Atlas moth, with an unbelievable wingspan of 12 inches, is born without a omuth, has no functional stomache, and lives at most 4 weeks. There is no way that evolution could have created such a creature, for as soon as it had to come into existence, its evolutionary lineage would have died out. And why arn't there any Atlas moths that do have mounts and cuntional stomaches? It's because evolution is the biggest lie ever told, and the Atlas moth is just one of the many proofs of that. Only an all-powerful God could have created something that should not exist."

There was some other stuff, but that is most of it. They are telling everyone to prepare for the Rapture.

Is this the view of most christians? Are wars being fought in the hope that it will cause Jesus to return? Or is this simply a recruitment stunt to convince non-believers they are running short on time?

The website they link to is: Http://www.thelastgentile.com

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: The rapture is coming. Letter I recieved in mail [Re: tak]
    #6027878 - 09/04/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.counterpunch.org/hill01042003.html

I don't think this is the view of most Christians, but does reflect the beliefs of many, many evangelical Christians.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #6028073 - 09/04/06 12:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry, but I don't agree that this has anything at all to do with politics or activism or law. Therefore, off to The Pub it goes.

Phred

--------------------

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: The rapture is coming. Letter I recieved in mail *DELETED* [Re: Phred]
    #6028091 - 09/04/06 12:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by blinkidiot

Reason for deletion: Im sorry

--------------------

Offlinebc123
Stranger
Re: The rapture is coming. Letter I recieved in mail [Re: blink]
    #6028263 - 09/04/06 01:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I believe that the end isnt an event it has been happening for long periods of time of humans ruining mother earth.

--------------------

Offlinebc123
Stranger
Re: The rapture is coming. Letter I recieved in mail [Re: bc123]
    #6028267 - 09/04/06 01:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

As for the letter like blinkidiot said " think stuff like this can be attributed to the vocal minority of evangelicals. Some people can be just nutty."

--------------------

Offlinebc123
Stranger
    #6028276 - 09/04/06 01:54 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

root-ninja-tak said:
I posted this in S&P aswell, but id like to know if anyone here has anything to say, as our politics are greatly influenced by the church.

I just got this little peice of mail from in my new apartment mailbox that not many people know the address to.

It starts saying the bible's prophecies have known time and time again to be 100% accurate. Then it shows me a 2 page list of prophecies and where they are quoted, and how they were fufilled.

It then goes into detail about how Israel was torn down, and then reborn...and there is such political work drama over that area, wich lacks resources...and the main reason is because this is the place God said to be the "cup of trembling" and "burdensome stone" and apparently that is what is going on there right now?

They also have a random quote, taken from Wikipedia...though known to be pretty accurate to me doesnt seem to professional.

The letter then goes into detail of how there are so many wars, disease, crimes, etc and the frequency is getting greater and greater...aswell as natural disasters. Wich means the end of times are near.

On the third page it goes into detail how homosexuality is on the rise, and "running rampant." It is a a rebellious sin, and a violation of ones own consciousness.

Next is "Bestiality" where they discuss how sex with animals is a sin, and on the rise as well.

"For years, New Age groups have said that people can make the world a better place. It's obvious that's not true. For thousands of years, we've tried and failed. Recent events give testament to that....As the Bible says, peace will never come to this planet until Jesus returns."

"There have been lots of headlines lately on Russia, China, Iran, and Syria. These severity of these headlines, from rogue nuclear programs to new missile deployments against Israel has many people frightened and worries about the future of the world. The interactions of these nations are lining up to begin to fufill the prophecies of Ezekiel 38, Zechariah and Zephaniah. there may also be parallels, or types of shadows, between the Babylon in Jeremiah 51 and the United States.

It appears that the draw of prophecy is greater than human action - meaning that no matter what these world leaders do, they are unable to act in any way other than the fulfillment of prophecy.

When you read news stories that look like war in the making, do not be surprised. Also, at the same time, understand that these new stories and economic reports that speculate the end of American dominance as a world power or the demise of the world economy are part of prophecy being fulfilled before your eyes.

These are not modern-day prophets warning you of pending doom. They are reporters reporting the news from a secular worldview. The vast majority of them have no concept of the spiritual importance of their words. They are only reporting what they see before them or are trying to predict outcomes based on the most current information.

It may be helpful to look at these reports as fulfillments of prophecy, not indicators of it. In fact, the faster these events occur, the faster we will see our Lord. It is better then to look forward with fascinating expectation to each day and what it has in store.

The United States will likely go through some very difficult times ahead; we may even "take the bullet," so to speak, for Israel. Nevertheless, our hearts should be prepared for Jesus, not this world. And whatever happens, it will be covered by Him who died for us.'

"PS For those of you who still believe that evolution is what created the diversity of life that inhabits the planet, consider this: The Atlas moth, with an unbelievable wingspan of 12 inches, is born without a omuth, has no functional stomache, and lives at most 4 weeks. There is no way that evolution could have created such a creature, for as soon as it had to come into existence, its evolutionary lineage would have died out. And why arn't there any Atlas moths that do have mounts and cuntional stomaches? It's because evolution is the biggest lie ever told, and the Atlas moth is just one of the many proofs of that. Only an all-powerful God could have created something that should not exist."

There was some other stuff, but that is most of it. They are telling everyone to prepare for the Rapture.

Is this the view of most christians? Are wars being fought in the hope that it will cause Jesus to return? Or is this simply a recruitment stunt to convince non-believers they are running short on time?

The website they link to is: Http://www.thelastgentile.com

--------------------

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: The rapture is coming. Letter I recieved in mail [Re: bc123]
    #6028329 - 09/04/06 02:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The ending of the World has been coming for many thousands of years,will still be, many thousands, from now.

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#6028627 - 09/04/06 03:41 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This has everything to do with politics since Republicans are aligned with the so-called Religous Right and Republicans are now running our country and its foreign policy.

" Polls show that at least one in six Americans—and one in three Republicans—believe in [the rapture]."

http://www.celticguitarmusic.com/Mland_Rapture.htm

Bush was publically asked recently about Armageddon:

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/032406A.shtml

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

Edited by zorbman (09/04/06 03:59 PM)

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: The rapture is coming. Letter I recieved in mail [Re: zorbman]
    #6029032 - 09/04/06 05:51 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I kinda wanted to get a political view on this. Dont mean to break any rules, but I had a target audience I was looking at.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6032034 - 09/05/06 04:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

but then you have to remember that the bible only states that the world is maybe 5000 years old or something.  science has disproved that.  there have been skeletal remains found of neanderthal humans.  carbon dating has dated various items well beyond 5000 years. 
science is fact, and undeniable.
so all the christians and the jews are basically caught in a lie and they're just denying and denying and denying it. 
of course if you are a christian or a jew, that's fine for you.  it's just that science has effectively deconstructed the basis for your entire belief system.  :smile:

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom