Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty Dirty
another louisiana hunt!
    #6004676 - 08/28/06 01:37 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

could i possibly leave my shrooms on a table till cracker dry then grind them to powder and capsulate them?...my uncle said they use to leave them out to dry on tables and hang them from strings and they never went bad while sitting out...im going to try and get some sodium chloride if i can to help dry my seasons finds till then i gotta to dry them without them goin bad....im just trying to save all my finds for halloween

--------------------
THE LUNATIC IS IN MY HEAD
<----(o)---->
Check out www.alexgrey.com! He does tools artwork from lateralus.
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.
Qoted from (Koala Koolio)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: another louisiana hunt! [Re: camelsmoker]
    #6004685 - 08/28/06 01:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Table should work... I have dried mushrooms like that plenty of times and then stored them in plastic for long periods of time. They turned out fine. You just have to be positive that they are fully dry before you go and put them into the plastic.
One time I put them in too soon and they ended up rotting on me.

Nice finds.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Re: another louisiana hunt! [Re: eris]
    #6004693 - 08/28/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i was gonna let them fully dry and i was thinking maybe put them in a brown paper bag untill i can get some capsules to put the powder in ...should i not put them in a fridge after drying? and is the paper bag a better idea so they get oxygen? sorry for the questions ive dealt alot with shrooms just never dried...when i grow or when i hunt i usually eat them fresh within the next day or two...

--------------------
<----(o)---->
No harm can come from questioning. "Best" case scenerio: You prove it right without relying on the fact that it is widely accepted. Argument strengthened. "Worst" case scenerio: You realize you might have been wrong. The new answer might or might not be what you want to hear, but it beats defending yourself with bullshit.

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #6004711 - 08/28/06 01:51 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Man you can get silica gel on E Bay for a good price.. They cure well and seem to hold every bit of there potency for a long long time....
Nice to see you posting again :wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Re: another louisiana hunt! [Re: YESSUP]
    #6004797 - 08/28/06 02:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

thanks yessup...ive been out the shroom hunting buisness for a few months doing some growing and taking care of some other stuff but im glad to be back in the hunting forum...i just cant get no more tresspassing tickets or that will be the end of my hunting for a while again!

--------------------
<----(o)---->

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
    #6004818 - 08/28/06 02:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

camelsmoker said:
thanks yessup...ive been out the shroom hunting buisness for a few months doing some growing and taking care of some other stuff but im glad to be back in the hunting forum...i just cant get no more tresspassing tickets or that will be the end of my hunting for a while again!

:rofl2:  But Mr. Officer I'm Dyslexic :wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #6004838 - 08/28/06 02:37 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, it's good to put them in the fridge once they're cracker dry. A cool dark place is what you want.
After drying I place mine into a ziplock, squeeze out the air and put in a jar with tape on the out side. I also keep a silica gell tab in there. They will stay that way with no potency loss indefinitely (or atleast for a very long time).

BTW, what's the tresspassing story?

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Re: another louisiana hunt! [Re: YESSUP]
    #6004894 - 08/28/06 02:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

:uptosomething: hehe found me a couple new fields now and should have no trouble in this area as long as i keep it kool...we really need a good bit of rain out here at the moment though cause this is childs play for me! lol

--------------------
<----(o)---->

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

#6004964 - 08/28/06 03:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

the tresspassing story gos something like this...
i met up with some fellow shroomerites of which i havent heard of or seen on here since the incident...the 3 of them picked me up with this car that must have had 2 subs in the trunk cause they had it bumping with some raggae rock i think it was and they drove all the way here from new orleans...i brought them to a known local field to pick and as we are out there smoking a joint and looking for shrooms using our phone lights to see the cops surrounded the place ...we felt like fugitives ducking and running through the woods in the dark since most of the shrooms we found were usually in the back of the field in the woods that made up half the field....come out we have you surrounded they kept saying over the loudspeaker and they kept flashing lights in the field trying to find us...we parked the car in the neighborhood next to the field and i geuss thats how we were caught ..somebody probably saw the suspicious car and us walkin to the field or something...they searched the car without consent before we ever got out the field and all the cops left except one that we didnt notice was waiting by the car with all the lights off waiting and as soon as we stepped out onto the road the swooped in on us...woop woop..put your hands on the car...well they let all of us go with tresspassing tickets and the guy who owned the car had his car towed and he went to jail for weed and tresspassing...he was like a white bob marley looking dude...well the cops dropped the rest of us off at a gas station down the road...i got kicked off probation after pleading guilty to the tresspassing and paying my fine and they threw me in jail for a couple months ..i was on probation for weed...end of story..

--------------------
<----(o)---->

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #6005739 - 08/28/06 07:01 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Nice Cubensis finds camelsmoker.

I do not recommend trespassing to anyone for finding mushrooms. Period.

For drying them, I recommend a food dehydrator or a fan. A food dehydrator will dry them within 24 hours, and that is ideal.

And again (for the 1000th time), I do not recommend anyone to trespass for shrooms. Find a way around it or just learn to grow.

GG

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #6005828 - 08/28/06 07:37 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Damn, sorry to hear that.
I won't go hunting for cubes in this area, it's a small town and everybody knows everything that goes on. I won't even trust getting someone's permission, I'm affraid they will clue the cops in while I'm out picking or something :shiftyeyes:
Well, I'm glad you're back and by all means, be careful.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
    #6006007 - 08/28/06 08:22 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thats fucked up dude. Glad ur out and back on the boards again. Welcome back!

Peace.....

Offlinecamelsmoker
smoke up
 User Gallery

Re: another louisiana hunt! [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #6009754 - 08/29/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ya thanks guys and yes im totally carefull and no i dont recomend tresspassing either...and i did learn to grow its just peak season and yall know how it is when they are calling you from afar...i actually feel real safe about my new way of picking i got alone in a feild thats totally secluded at the end of a road that nobody drives on at all and i ride my moped there and park it in the bushes...i love my moped i dubbed it the shroom mobile haha...i even installed some bump on it and i got remote start for fast get aways haha

--------------------
<----(o)---->

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules