Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

tenn stud ?
    #5983015 - 08/21/06 03:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

can the 15% summer discount be combined with the buy 2 get 1 free deal for shroomery members??

thank you,

cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLily_Morgan
I'm #1 !!
Female User Gallery
Loc: Eastern Shore
Re: tenn stud ? [Re: tonyperez420]
    #5983022 - 08/21/06 04:07 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know...I do know this though. I've heard from a few members that even though he claims to ship odor-free "materials", people still received packages from him that smell like shit to be blunt.

I want to know if THAT is true.

Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

Re: tenn stud ? [Re: Lily_Morgan]
    #5983093 - 08/21/06 06:09 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lily_Morgan said:
I don't know...I do know this though. I've heard from a few members that even though he claims to ship odor-free "materials", people still received packages from him that smell like shit to be blunt.

I want to know if THAT is true.

its not exactly odorless
sometimes an order stinks MORE then others
just dont have delivery destination and grow operation at the same address

its hard work, but I do agree that it is not odor free
I thank him for his contribution to the community

I am looking to place an order....

Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
    #5983660 - 08/21/06 11:44 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

send him a pm,

you're more likely to get a response that way.

and yes, the package has a very, very slight odor to it.

pre-pasterized will have far more odor than dry.
boxes of dry don't smell at all,
the pre-pasteurized have a faint odor.

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: tenn stud ? [Re: monstermitch]
    #5983909 - 08/21/06 01:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Slight odor my ASS!
The Fed x guy came to my house about 5 hours before he normally would have, said he broke his normal route to get that shit off of his truck.
He wanted to wait for me to open it, assuming whatever it was was rotten and needed to be returned. I told him I'd figure it out later as I was in a hurry, signed and sent him on his way.

No exageration. He walked up to me with full on stink face, and said "man do I have a stinky package for you!".

Now, who cares? It's shit. Didn't smell like shit to me, just like grandma was cookin up a mess a collards. But if you've ever cooked up a mess a collards, you know they do have a strong smell that fills the house.

BTW, I love tennstud, but that odorless claim is a joke.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineLily_Morgan
I'm #1 !!
Female User Gallery
Loc: Eastern Shore
Re: tenn stud ? [Re: mycofile]
    #5983927 - 08/21/06 01:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I really don't see how having a smelly package delivered to another address rather than the grow address is going to make a difference. It's still going to be a smelly ass package and it's going to eventually tip someone off.

While I do agree that he offers a good service for people that insist on using h-poo, he really shouldn't claim that it's odor-free if it isn't.

That and while I get that he has a lot of orders, I am CONSTANTLY seeing posts on here from people saying it has been x-number of weeks since they made an order, and they've emailed him, PMed him etc, and still haven't received their package.

My business partner and I were considering making a large order, but after all of the negatives that I've read about him we are definitely reconsidering.

Invisiblemonstermitch

Folding@home Statistics
    #5983941 - 08/21/06 02:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I would reconsider your reconsideration.

his product is about as perfect as you could ask for it to be.

if it takes an extra week or whatever, just plan for it.

or, go get the stuff yourself, dry it, shred it, screen it and go from there.

either way it takes about the same amount of time.

I have an idea...
I'll pm you.

--------------------

Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

#5984042 - 08/21/06 03:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lily_Morgan said:
Yeah, I really don't see how having a smelly package delivered to another address rather than the grow address is going to make a difference.  It's still going to be a smelly ass package and it's going to eventually tip someone off.

I get it delivered to a house that has a big yard as opposed to my apt, which has an extra bedroom for you know what
I think the point was pretty obvious
Furthermore, fedex has an option where nobody has to sign for it, they just drop it at your door (maybe ring the bell) and leave

"BTW, I love tennstud, but that odorless claim is a joke."

I agree

My tennstud orders take 3-4 weeks once placing my MO in the post office

cheers

btw nobobdy has answered my ? yet  :crazy2:

Invisiblemonstermitch

Folding@home Statistics
    #5984059 - 08/21/06 03:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I answered your question.

I'll do it again.

The only person that can answer is Mike.
He is a one man business.
He is the sole operator of everything business related.
Send him a Personal Message.

He will answer you when he gets the time.

--------------------

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #5985758 - 08/22/06 02:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think part of the odor problem has to do with the time of year .

It's delivered in the back of a truck , sealed in a plastic bag , wrapped , pretty well I might add , I HATE opening those boxes , lol , completely with shipping tape , on a 95 or so degree day .
I don't how hot it gets in that truck , but I'd think 130 or so . :confused:

Almost pasteurizing again ,lol .

Those who do it at home know this might be one of the smelliest parts of the procedure . After it cools to room temp , it really doesn't smell . Your casings don't smell . When you put 3-4 casings in a FC , it doesn't smell like much of anything , let alone shit . I have a "bit" of it stored in a rubber maid right next to my bed , and I can't smell a thing , or it wouldn't be there . So , I'd have to say that's odorless , right .

Not when I received it , That's a much different story . People thought it was a dead body , I'm not kidding . It was bad . I opened it outside . I noticed the bags were quite warm . Once I got it cooled down , the odor left  :grin: thank God .

Like I said , I don't know how hot it gets in one of those trucks , but after 2-3 days , that shit gets pretty hot . If I was Mike , I'd try letting the trucks do the work , now there's a new TEK , pasteurizing in the trunk of your vehicle , or engine compartment , rig up some type of basket , wait , don't they make little ovens or something I believe already . You can cook chicken and ribs and shit as you drive .

Just get it to field capacity and ship it . Let 2 days in the back of a truck pasteurize it . :wink: Right Mike  :grin:

Here's my solution to his sometimes delivery delays . He is a one man operation , weather does play a part in his operation , so , here's what I do . I wait for him to offer one of those great buy 1 get 1 free deals . I order one of the 20 pound , pre-pasteurized bags for $40 .

You get one free . That's 40 pounds for $40 . $1 a pound . I can live with that to not have to do it myself . I've stored it , in a rubber maid , for 6 months and only lost one bag so far , out of 30 or so bags I've stored . I've frozen it and used it with no ill side effects . I just might order 5 or so of those bags and get 5 or so for free . I can get a 6 month supply of poo for under $258 . :thumbup:

Why doesn't freezing it kill the good stuff ? Doesn't it get cold enough to kill off spores and such ?

At $1 a pound , it costs 5 bucks to make one of my 16 quart casings . Well , add in shipping and 2 quarts of WBS , and it balloons to about $6.50 , lol . Don't forget casing , $7 .

Then I wait for him to have another sale in the next six months or so , and do it again . Now , I'm not waiting for shit . It's waiting for me  :wink:

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Edited by HippieChick (08/22/06 12:23 PM)

OfflineOatman2000
-=Outa Space=-
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Planetary Nebula
Re: tenn stud ? [Re: HippieChick]
    #5986050 - 08/22/06 07:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

has anyone had any different mushrooms growing in the Tenn Stud? I have bought this stuff twice, and each time i find this....

Anyone else have this problem?

--------------------
Spawning to COIR
:thumbup:  My Chocolate Recipe
WBS QUART SPAWN JAR PREPERATION
----------------------------

4-PO-DMT; 4-phosphoryloxy-N,N-dimethltryptamine

Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

Re: tenn stud ? [Re: Oatman2000]
    #5986193 - 08/22/06 09:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Oatman2000 said:
has anyone had any different mushrooms growing in the Tenn Stud? I have bought this stuff twice, and each time i find this....

Anyone else have this problem?

I did get a few of those a while back from tenn stud

That is actually the reason I am hesitant to place another order, but if the price is right, I will give Mike another shot

btw monstermitch, I did email and PM, still no answser
I was hoping someone in the sponsor forum would know

Offlinelunaloca
Good Shit
Male

Loc: Tennessee
Re: tenn stud ? [Re: HippieChick]
    #5986477 - 08/22/06 11:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HippieChick said:
Like I said , I don't know how hot it gets in one of those trucks , but after 2-3 days , that shit gets pretty hot . If I was Mike , I'd try letting the trucks do the work , now there's a new TEK , pasteurizing in the truck of your vehicle , or engine compartment , rig up some type of basket , they make little ovens or something I believe already . You can cook chicken and ribs and shit as you drive .

Just get it to field capacity and ship it . Let's 2 days in the back of a truck pasteurize it . :wink: Right Mike  :grin:
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

Truck pasteurization--Hmmm.:grin:

Hippie Chick you are 100% correct. During the oppressively hot summer months it seems the heat of the truck tends to re-cook the pre-pasteurized product a bit. This SOMETIMES produces an odor similar to grandmas collard greens :crazy:. If this ever occurs to anyone the best thing to do is remove the packages from the box and just let them sit unopened at room temperature for 1-2 days. After that the odor will have dissipated.

I really don't have much of this problem in the winter.

Hippie Chick you are a great member of this community who has no problem speaking your mind. I appreciate everyone's support.

Orders are going out a little quicker, although the rainy weather sucks lately. I'm trying to improve my email skills so don't give up on me yet. :cool:

--------------------
25% discount on ALL RETAIL PRODUCTS!!! For Shroomery Members Only!!!

Enter code: shroomery when you checkout on my website

Save On Shipping! Local Pickups Now Available! PM Me For Details

www.tennstud.com

support@tennstud.com

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #5986594 - 08/22/06 12:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

LilyMorgan,
I too would advise reconsidering your reconsideration. The product is great, I just think folks should know it stinks.

Seriously, it's not a security breach at all. Stop thinking like a drug dealer. Even if someone was suspicous and opened it, they'd have no idea what it was, unless they were familiar with filter patch bags, and even then they probably wouldn't think imediately that it's for illicit fungus, and even then they'd probably be cool, but even if not, there's nothing illegal about poop, and no legal connection to a crime.

Youngsters shouldn't be doing this in their parents home, but they are probably the most affected by having to explain the smell to someone. Grown adults need not explain poopy packages to anyone.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinelunaloca
Good Shit
Male

#5986780 - 08/22/06 01:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

tonyperez420 said:
can the 15% summer discount be combined with the buy 2 get 1 free deal for shroomery members??

thank you,

cheers

There is no buy 2 get 1 free special at this time. I decided to go with the long running 25% discount on ALL retail orders for Shroomery members only. I think I've PMd or Emailed you about this. I put it here so everyone knows.
I feel 25% is quite generous and I think it's the most substantial one out there for similar products. Thanks! :mushroom2:

--------------------
25% discount on ALL RETAIL PRODUCTS!!! For Shroomery Members Only!!!

Enter code: shroomery when you checkout on my website

Save On Shipping! Local Pickups Now Available! PM Me For Details

www.tennstud.com

support@tennstud.com

Offlinelunaloca
Good Shit
Male

#5986794 - 08/22/06 02:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lily_Morgan said:
My business partner and I were considering making a large order, but after all of the negatives that I've read about him we are definitely reconsidering.

I have several commercial accounts who order on a regular basis and have not complained about odor or timing. If you make a LARGE order you will know exactly when it will be shipped because we will discuss it prior to making the order. If delays do occur you will be notified.

If you go back and read more threads concerning my business you will see more positives than negatives. You will also notice most of the positives come from long term veterans and customers and most negatives come from relative newbies. I realize there are exceptions, but that's the way it usually seems. Unfortunately some folks tend to dwell on the negative and disregard the positive. But I guess that's just a result of the society and culture we are all immersed in. 

This isn't the first time I've been a little singed :flame:  by someone who has never done business with me, sadly it won't be the
last--Mike :mushroom2:

Edited by lunaloca (08/22/06 02:27 PM)

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: tenn stud ? [Re: lunaloca]
    #5988758 - 08/23/06 05:01 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Mike communicates well if you give him the chance. I asked him for an order update teh other day and he responded within 24 hours. If you can't be understanding about how weather effects his business then i guess you should look elsewhere, but my guess is most places that sell the same exact product will have the same problems.

Offlinetommythehort
will eat yourbeef slow
Male

Loc: Christmas
Re: tenn stud ? [Re: Ramlaen]
    #5989880 - 08/23/06 03:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think everyone is forgetting, this is POOP that we are dealing with. Mike has a great product and all but his shit still stinks. The way I perceived the 'odorless' remark on his website is that it isn't going to smell like shit, maybe you need to be a country boy to appreciate it, but it has a nice earthy smell.

But just remember, it's poop, it dropped out of a horse's gaping pink butthole on to the ground and possibly even laid there and steamed for a few minutes. Tennstud offers a remarkable product at a wonderful price but it doesn't change the fact that it is shit.

InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #5990072 - 08/23/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

tonyperez420 said:

thank you,

cheers

whats the buy 2 get 1 free deal

buy 2 of any product get one more of the same product free?

Invisiblemonstermitch

Folding@home Statistics
Re: tenn stud ? [Re: lunaloca]
    #5990169 - 08/23/06 05:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

lunaloca said:
There is no buy 2 get 1 free special at this time. I decided to go with the long running 25% discount on ALL retail orders for Shroomery members only. I think I've PMd or Emailed you about this. I put it here so everyone knows.
I feel 25% is quite generous and I think it's the most substantial one out there for similar products. Thanks! :mushroom2:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate