Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBlueDruid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Comparative observations of Psychotria Viridis branching behaviour
    #5980964 - 08/20/06 06:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Hi,

I have a theory about the branching behaviour of my P. Viridis and how certain conditions might promote branching but, as I'm basing this on observations of 1 plant, I doubt it's particularly valid. As a result I'm wondering how much other P. Viridis plants branch? Mine has, in the course of the current year started putting out at least 1 but usually 2 branches/shoots whenever a branch/shoot opens a pair of leaves (leaving a 3 headed stem). I've got about 8 heads on it now & I think that the reason why it's been putting out branches/shoots is because it isn't anchored to anything or growing onto anything at the height of the tops & because it's buffetted by an ossilating fan blowing about the 3 main stems (actually 2 but 1 branches in the middle) which the other tops branch from. I think it's putting out lots of branches to try to grab onto something to steady itself.

Anyone observed the same behaviour from P. Viridis or is this just completely normal & I'm reading too much into it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJaxx
Random muppet.
 User Gallery

Loc: Anywhere but Elsewhere
Re: Comparative observations of Psychotria Viridis branching behaviour [Re: BlueDruid]
    #5981192 - 08/20/06 11:09 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

My P.Viridis did not branch for ages, I decided it was too tall and spindly so just as some new leaves started to grow from the top I pulled them off. Immediately after this it started branching from every node down the plant. Since then, only one of the branches has branched again.

I have mine in front of a window which is normally open so it gets a nice breeze and the stem is now going woody, it's about 20" tall. I dont know how old yours is but it sounds like it branches a fair bit more than mine, without pulling the growth tips off. I highly recommend this if anyones viridis is not branching much, it really got mine going.

--------------------
If you were to draw a continuous straight line with a standard graphite pencil the line would stretch for 35 miles.

Edited by Jaxx (08/20/06 11:10 AM)

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Comparative observations of Psychotria Viridis branching behaviour [Re: BlueDruid]
    #5982139 - 08/20/06 06:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Almost all of mine started branching this year after I moved them outdoors. I took it as a sign of health and maturity.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds