Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebiggglesworth
Stranger
 User Gallery

incubator
    #5980826 - 08/20/06 03:07 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

just finished building a new heater for my terranium/incubator. i set up 6 small heaters each made with 16 resistors on a strip of circuit board. i then placed the 6 heaters inside pvc tube which sits in the top of the terranium. i ran the heater for a couple of days to make sure it was safe. it took the temperature from 15 degrees celsius/59 degrees farenheit to 33 degrees celsius/91 degrees farenheit in about 2 hours. it then stayed at this temperature for 2 days.

today i built a control circuit for the heater with 2 temperature sensors, 1 mounted at jar/cake height on each side of the terranium. i can easily set and adjust the temperature for each sensor. when the temperature on either or both of the sensors goes above the set level, the heater switches off. when they both drop below the set temperature the heater switches back on, keeping the terranium at a constant temperature.

it took me about 4 hours to set it all up and cost me around $20. just thought id give it a go. i am going to put some uncolonised cakes in the terranium tonight. keen to see how they go

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: incubator [Re: biggglesworth]
    #5980894 - 08/20/06 04:25 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Hello.
Cool setup.
I have seen your shroom drying boxes before.
Have you thought about building a Magnetic Stirrer?

what is a terranium?.:shrug:
Is it anything like an aquium. :grin:

Sorry to rant.:rant:
But I have seen to many people spelling that shit wrong, There is a spell checker there use it.
You are making Australians sound illiterate.:nonono:

The word terranium does not exist.

The word terrarium does.

P.S.
you should put uncolonized cakes / spawn in the incubator!!!

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

Edited by UnderNose (08/20/06 05:13 AM)

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#5981272 - 08/20/06 11:45 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

that looks like a sweet setup man!! did you buy the stuff for 20$ or did you have it laying around and picked up the pieces you needed for 20$?? would/could you put up some more pics on how u made it, and some pics of the heater out of the tubes? or even make up a TEC for it??

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinebiggglesworth
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: incubator [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #5982843 - 08/21/06 12:44 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i will put up some more pics and info in the next week or 2 when i get a chance

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

#5982897 - 08/21/06 01:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

No one cares anymore. :snub:

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies