Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetweaky_blonde
Stranger
mushrooms by my house.
    #598056 - 04/03/02 10:13 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hi all, I just have a question. I live on a horse ranch and I have mushrooms growing on my poop pile. Since all that horses eat are hay and grain and oats I was wondering if anyone know anything about these mushrooms. Are they edible? Are they hullucinigetic? Does anyone know and can someone please try to help me on this matter. Please email me and let me know or something. Thanks, Jessica

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineoO_wombat_Oo
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: NSW, Australia.
Re: mushrooms by my house. [Re: tweaky_blonde]
    #598064 - 04/03/02 10:23 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

There are lots of hallucinagenic mushrooms that grow on horse poop. We need a good photograph in order to Identify them. For starters, get a spore print and tell us what color it is. Also describe the mushroom in as much detail as possible (how big is it? color? gills? when you break it, does it turn a different color? etc.) Also, were do you live? (what country & state?)

To get a spore print, chop the cap off the mushroom and place it, gills down, on a peice of paper overnight.

Whatever you do, never eat a mushroom unless you have a 110% positive identification. Many of them are potentially deadly.

We really need a good photograph. You can just pick the mushroom, put it on the scanner and put a towel over it to get a good picture. Do not eat those mushrooms.

Also go to www.shroomery.com, go to "finding mushrooms" and read as much as you can.

Edited by oO_wombat_Oo (04/03/02 10:25 PM)

Offlinetweaky_blonde
Stranger
Re: mushrooms by my house. [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #598538 - 04/04/02 11:10 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

well, I have one of those little buggers sitting right next to me. It is about 2 inches tall and about as big around as a quarter. it has a dome shaped top that on the very top is light brown and then it turns into a darker brown as you move down the cap. The gills on it are black and very very close together and the stem is cream colored, not quite white. I am in the middle part of wisconsin. The weather here isn't to warm but then again these seem to grow better when it is cold. They do not turn to mush when the light hits them like I have heard about some others. My fiancee picked these for me and they come in clusters about 4-5 inches around. These seem to turn goopy to the touch, but they don't completely turn to mush. They smell like regular mushrooms that would be purchased at the store. I have broken one and it didn't bruise at all or anything.
Please try to help me.
Thank you.
Jessica

Offlinemattso
Malcontent
 User Gallery

Loc: Western WA
Re: mushrooms by my house. [Re: tweaky_blonde]
    #598846 - 04/04/02 05:01 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It is propably in the FAMILY "coprinacae",
GENERA "coprinus" or "panaeolous."

If it's growing out of poo and it isn't staining blue, it is of no interest to you. (that kind of rhymes....)

Some Coprinus species are edible, but the dung lovers are iffy... some can get you a litte sick -
And Pan. includes some psychedic species, but almost all show a bluing reaction when handled...

Keep looking... if there's one thing I've learned, it's that where there's ONE kind of mushroom... there almost certainly is another kind near by.

happy hunting.

--------------------
"Humanity is entering into a time of consequences" ---
- Winston Churchill

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: mushrooms by my house. [Re: oO_wombat_Oo]
    #599554 - 04/05/02 11:04 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hi WOmbat,

there are no hallucinogenic mushrooms growing directly on horse poop which has been shitted from the horse.

In vitro cultivation useds horse manure in the compost and then you will get mushrooms from the manure. But in the field it is cow and buffalo manure which after decomposing produces ove 13 species of Copelandia, two Psilocybe's (P. cubensis and P. subcubensis) and Panaeolus subbalteatus. But the subs also do not grow directly out of horse manure but sometimes appear in cow manure.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (04/05/02 11:07 AM)

Offlinepsilocybian
enthusiast
Re: mushrooms by my house. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #603504 - 04/09/02 04:13 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Pan Subbs also grow in and around horse shit. Don't tell me they don't because I have seen it. Maybe the farmer was feeding them spores, but I've seen more Pan Subbs in horse than cow manure.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate