Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
shroom wizard method (NEW PICS!!!)
    #5980528 - 08/20/06 12:15 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

hows everyone doing...i have been reading up and shroom hunting for the last 3 months..still a newbie but i catch on pretty quickly. i started some home cultivation using the shroom wizards method. just wondering if anyone has heard of it or used it and if they were successful or not. i inoculated the jars 3 weeks ago and have been out of town letting them grow. when i came back, i had lost half of my 12 jars to contams...different colors...black, green, purple, brown, red, yellow...i was wondering what could cause this besides a lack of sterility. they stayed in complete darkness. i noticed that the jars that werent filled up as much with the vermiculite, organic brown rice flour, and honey for food did not have any contam. so if they are filled too high can this prevent proper growth? and it seemed pretty wet inside. right now the cased mycelium is in the closet...waiting til thursday to take off the cover. hopefully all goes well with the mycelium i was able to use. thanks for all the help

Edited by djaxx06 (08/25/06 11:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: shroom wizard method [Re: djaxx06]
    #5980593 - 08/20/06 12:47 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

DO NOT USE SHROOM WIZARDS TEKS!!!!
as you may have already notices due to contams this tek is utter crap just read up on this site and get accurate information what i have read about shroom wizard is total crap his tek might get you 1-2 jars to produce shrooms if not less man sorry to bring bad news

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #5980677 - 08/20/06 01:33 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the boards.

Now many have tried this tek (I feel it's total garbage, a great way to complacate growing something that is so easy to grow) and maybe I've seen 1 in 10 pull it off. To tell the truth I don't even think it's 1 in 10

Here's a old pf log

I know this belongs in the growlog forum but it seems more would see it here that can use it. That and I?m sure most have seen it already but maby somebody can use this to help them out.

Grow Log
Tek : PF
Strain : South American [SA]
Spores : Came from homemade prints. 36 total jars to be injected.
Substrate :Brown Rice Flour [BRF] and Vermiculite [Verm]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10:15 PM 3/4/03 : Project is started. Jar prep is just putting small holes in the lids for the spore syringe and then taping them closed until inoculation. Tape used is the standard black electrical tape. First batch of jars is mixed. The mix used is 2 parts verm, 1 part water, and 1 part brf. [ This mix is the max fruiting formula by PF.] Mix is put into 1/2 pint canning jars lightly, not packed in, and left it airy. Put substrate in until it reaches the threads of the jar, then add dry verm the rest of the way.
Jars are PCd at 10psi or 240f for a period of 45 minutes. Then jars were left to sit overnight to cool.

<a href="https://files.shroomery.org/files/040103-23/23611-pic_1.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

8:39 PM 3/5/2003 : First batch of jars injected. (24 jars)

10:04 AM 3/6/2003 : Incubator is running to low 77F. Going to turn it up today.

<a href="https://files.shroomery.org/files/040103-23/69842-Pic_2_.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

5:45 PM 3/6/2003 : Second batch of jars is in the PC will be injected tomorrow. Turned up incubator runs at 83F. 86F is the best and if the incubator is 83F and myc growing in the jars is suppose to create a little heat I figure this should work out well.

1:11 PM 3/7/2003 : Second batch of jars is done. (12 jars)

12:10 PM 3/9/2003 : Jars are doing good, no signs of contams

<a href="https://files.shroomery.org/files/040103-23/74102-Pic_3_.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

2:54 AM 3/19/2003 : Tape removed from the holes today and coffee filters put over the top of the jars for added protection. Holes were opened so the CO2 in the jars could escape. I gave 12 jars to a friend who kept fucking up. 24 jar?s about 75%done.

<a href="https://files.shroomery.org/files/040103-23/89166-Pic_4.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

12:13 PM 3/22/2003 : Well it?s Saturday and the jars will probably be done by the 25th. So it was 36 jars. 12 were given to a friend, 24 done by Tuesday.

10:26 PM 3/23/2003 : 15 jars were done enough to put into dunk. I dunk and cold shock before birthing and after every flush. The other 9 jars have a spot the size of a pea that has to be covered so I?ll do those on the 25th.

<a href="https://files.shroomery.org/files/040103-23/81008-pic_5.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

7:17 PM 3/24/2003 : 15 jars put into the pod. Put in and put a layer of moist verm on top. With geolite I just put the cakes on it. With some other chambers I put the cake on a lid filled with verm. This is done to give the shrooms on the bottom and the top of the cake some added moisture.
The other 9 jars just finished so I?m going to give them a couple more days to make sure the middle of the cake is done.

<a href="https://files.shroomery.org/files/040103-23/68648-Pic_6.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

4:57 PM 3/27/2003 : 5 More cakes birthed today, 4 left going to do them tomorrow or 3/29/2003

3:58 PM 3/29/2003 : Well I lost another cake. My wife?s little 1 cake pod made from a 2 liter and a small fish pump and a little geolite used up her last cake so I gave her a SA to grow. The last 3 are in the cold shock dunk.
So the total is 36 jars done all colonized with no contams. 12 given to a friend, 1 to the wife, 23 mine

12:08 PM 3/30/2003 : Last of jars put in

12:02 PM 3/31/2003 : The first 15 cakes are pinning nicely and some have shrooms coming from the bottom.

<a href="https://files.shroomery.org/files/040103-23/38858-Pic_7.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

11:01 AM 4/3/2003 : Things look to be going well.

<a href="https://files.shroomery.org/files/040103-23/55988-Pic_8_.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

1:02 AM 4/4/2003 : Took the first flush from four of the cakes. More will be done later today.

<a href="https://files.shroomery.org/files/040103-23/36336-Pic_9.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

5/8/2003 : Total 23 cakes 164 grams dried.

From what I?ve seen this needs to be up for a little bit.

Now lets get real. Try grains it's not as hard as it seems.

Making the syringes.

1. Well first I fill up a half pint jar with filtered water.
2. Then I like to add 2 or three drops of jet dry to the water (keeps spores from clumping and sticking to the sides of the syringe) and fill the syringes.
3. I put the syringes into a quart jar and put them in the pc so the needle tip faces up. (if they don?t face up the water will shoot out when it boils.
4. I wrap 1 shot glass for each syringe in foil, put them in a quart jar and put them in the pc too.
5. I pc at 15psi for an hour.
6. When it?s all still hot as hell I load it all into a glove box that has had the living shit sprayed out of it with Lysol the night before. Spore prints to be used go in too.
7. This part is just a me thing but when it cools I unwrap and use one shot glass for each syringe. Flake off the print into the shot glass the amount of spores your going to use, shoot in the water from one of the syringes and suck it back up with the spores. The amount of spores used is up to you cause at this point I go overboard again.

I know there is a lot of steps in this and it?s a lot of overkill but it does leave little room for contams.

Prepping the grain and jars.

1. First thing I do is put one cup of rye in each jar.

2. Put in enough water for the soaking. I like to soak for 24 hrs. Notice the difference in the color of the water after 24 hrs. Bacteria spores have started to germinate. This is the reason we soak the grain. Many believe that this is where water is added but this is not true. We are germinating the bacteria endo spores because they can survive a PC if we don?t.

3. I pour out the water and fill and shake and pour that out. Put in a pot and the water is ready to simmer for 45 min. During the simmer is when the water is added to the grain

4. Simmer the grain and then rinse with water. I like to pour 6 gallons threw the grain. (no reason for 6 it?s just a me thing) The grain is ready to be put into jars and PCd.

5. Put 2 hole?s in the jar lids. One is a breather and one is for the syringe needle. Put a piece of tyvek over the top add the ring and some foil and your ready to PC. Be sure to leave room in the jars to shake the grain

6. Load the PC and pc for 1 hour at 15 psi. Here is a finished jar.

Now your ready for the next step.

Incubator set up.

1. First thing get your bottom tub and put in your heater. I also add a water pump to mix the water that way it heats up much more evenly but it isn?t a necessary item. I got the tape from a boat shop and it has been working for some time. Good stuff for underwater.

2. Next put something (I used tall half pints) in each corner of the tub. This will keep the heater and pump safe from being smashed if I put in to many jars or do something stupid.

3. Now be sure to set the heater before you put on the top tub. I attach the top tub with zip ties cause the top tub will want to float.

4. Add the water. I like to add as much water as I can before it starts to spill out.

5. If you use the heaters with the external controls set them now to get ready for the jars. Mine use a dial and a sensor that gives the temp inside the chamber rather then the water. It also has a metal bulb rather then a glass one.

6. Finished

Inoculation

1. First get your work area ready.

2. One of the reasons I like tyvek is cause you can write on it.

3. I like to heat the needle tip then cool it with a alcohol wipe.

4. Inoculate the grain. I like to use 2.5 cc per quart.

5. I like to cover the inoculation hole with a band-aid. I like em cause they come sterile.

6. Shake up the jars real good and put em in a 82 F ? 27.7C to 86F ? 30C incubator.

7. I like to shake the jars again when they are about 25% colonized then once more at about 50% to 75% done.

The waiting game.

1. This is the hard part, the waiting game. Here is a jar 3 ? days after being shot up.
Few days later

The first part of the waiting game is over time to get the casing mix together.

1. Well it?s been exactly 9 days and the jars are done. [/url[url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-34/514461084-159626936-finished_jar_Small.jpg] Time to get the casing supplies.
2. I like coco coir and verm mix. Be sure you get coir and not fiber. Coir is on the left and fiber is on the right. Coir in the package. Verm can be found all over the place and looks like this.
3. Add water to the coir as the directions say. Here is a brick. Here is one with 4 quarts of water added.
4. Prepare your verm. I just put it in a jar and fill it let it soak, drain then add to a pot.
5. Now mix (I used 2 parts coir to 1 part verm). Here it is when mixed.
6. Put the mix into jars (I just use the grain jars) and pc for 1 ? hrs at 15 psi. (Once again just something I do)

Making the casing.

1. I like to pc everything. I pc the casing layer, the casing containers, the foil that goes over the top, and the spoons and forks I use to do the work.
2. I like to do the work of putting the casing together in a walk in closest that I have. I spray the shit out of the air with oust and wait a few minutes then start the work. (With a face mask)
3. I pour a little (about a half inch) of the casing layer into the container.
4. Now scoop the myc out of your jar and put it in the container on top of the bottom casing layer that you put in. Once you have the amount of colonized substrate (these casings will be 1 quart each) that you want to use even it out so it?s nice and flat on top.
5. Now add the top casing layer. (In this case ? to ? inch of casing layer) A good rule of thumb is a top casing layer ? as thick as the substrate layer.
6. Now cover (I like to use foil) and put into the incubator. Usually this last 4 to 7 days. A finished casing should look a little like this (I suggest covering the sides of clear containers to prevent side pinning. These will be left uncovered for pictures used in this post)

Time to put the casings in the chamber.

1. When the myc starts to break the casing surface is when I like to put them in the chamber . Lots of people like to patch at this time. Myself I?ve never been one for patching so in the chamber they go.
2. I like to use the tent style chamber that uses the cool mist running all the time and a ultrasonic that comes on every few hours for so many minutes.
3. This is a Martha Stewart closet and hose set up.
This is a Martha Stewart closet and hose set up.

in the box

I use the ultrasonic and cool mist. Very firm believer in air exchange.

In the electrical Dept of the hardware store I find these. and on the ultrasonic Now on the back of the closet I cut the holes for the hose fittings and put tape over them and cut holes threw the tape for the fittings. The reason for the tape is to give the closet plastic a little extra strength when holding the hose weight. The outlet for the ultrasonic goes above the cool mist outlet that way the mist from the ultrasonic drops into the air stream of the cool mist and mixes better.

4. Now that the casings are in the chamber it?s time to wait for pinning.
5. If the coir starts to get a little lighter in color it may be starting to get dry. Now is a good time to mist them with some sterile water, it?s safe to mist up to the point of pinning.

Well it's been a week and pinning has started.

A few days later

Well some of the veils are starting to tear so it'a time to think about harvesting and taking prints

1. Harvesting is easy. Just be sure to remove the whole shroom and leave none behind to rot on the casing.
2. Cover the spots that show cause of the picked shrooms with casing material and spray it down real good with the water H202 mix.
3. If you dunk your casings now would be the time.

Now I suggest you take your own prints to use

Well this is how I like to do it. I like to get my foil ready like this That way when the print is done you have these flaps to fold over.

I then get a half pint jar (wide mouth) and prepare it like this. I ditch the disk and silicone in a tyvek disk. This will allow the cap to dry a little as sits in the jar. (Which causes more spores to drop and prevents the cap from rotting. Will also allow the prints to dry once the mushroom cap is removed.)

Next put in the foil and cover with the lid. Put some foil on top and pc for one hour at 15 psi.

Now uncover and wipe off and your little print chamber is ready.

Now take the jar to your mushroom chamber and loosen the top but don?t remove it.

I like to put a pin in each of the mushroom caps I?m going to print.

Cut the shroom just below the cap and put it on the foil in the jar as fast as you can. Easy to do since the jar lid is loose.

Put it in a glovebox or where you like to do your work.

In 24 hrs open up and take out the cap by the pin (now we know what the pin is for) and put the cap back on. Let it sit for 24 hrs again to let the spores dry.

Once dry fold up foil and store in a cool dry place

I hate to clean my print foil with alcohol.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
Re: shroom wizard method [Re: Magash]
    #5982536 - 08/20/06 10:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for all the help guys. thought i would give his method a try...he lives in the same area as me and some of my friends have even met him at the local poker room. he used to shroom in a field thats half a mile from my house and he seemed like he knew what he was talkin about. my results totally support what you have said...out of 12 jars...i could only use 5...and even those werent particularly great. i have taken pics of some of the steps and will take more of the outcome to let everyone see how it turned out. funny story. just moved in to my house to start college...met the girl living behind us today...shes making a garden in the backyard...had the same shit i used to start the shrooms...a bag of vermiculite and cow manure compost...the exact same brand and bag sizes that are sitting in my room...lol..thought it was kinda funny, but doubt she is using it for the same purpose. but once again. thanks for the help. i'll read up on this setup you provided me with. once i figure it out...i'll start over and try again!

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #5982583 - 08/20/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Magash knows his shrooms. Glad to see he is a mod again.

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #5982591 - 08/20/06 10:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

the Shroom Wizard's tek sucks ass!~

if you do a search on his name...

you will come up with nothing but negative responses to his tek.

stick to the pf tek or the mmgg...

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/23019

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
Re: shroom wizard method [Re: Roadkill]
    #5990431 - 08/23/06 07:00 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

well guys..good news after all...using the shroom wizard's tek..i was only able to use 5 1/2 pint jars in my casings...i cased 3 aluminum tubs not expecting much after all the negative comments on the tek, but...they are working out pretty well. 2/3 casings show some good mycelium growth on the top layer and the other one is coming around too. (did it a day later bc i was to fucked up to finish in one night...that's college for ya). i have some pics of the process i used and am about to take some of the cultures..i will have those up very soon so everyone can see. just wondering how i should go about the watering and fanning...how long should i fan for...and how many times a day? i just took the covers off tonight. thanks for the help!

Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
    #5990459 - 08/23/06 07:08 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

djaxx06 said:

just wondering how i should go about the watering and fanning...how long should i fan for...and how many times a day? i just took the covers off tonight. thanks for the help!

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3290155/an/0/page/0

--------------------

Offlineghostofbmarley
booyakasha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: author's mind
    #5990462 - 08/23/06 07:09 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Did you do the Shroom Wizard casing, or a different tek?

Unfortunately I can't speak about casings as I don't have the experience to do so, but I hope you used a different casing tek than the one he wrote.

A member here pointed out that his tek is flawed from the beginning where he has you creating 'noc points after sterilization. That may explain your contams...

I think a lot of hunters find GGreatOne234's excellent hunting guide on SW's site and want to try the Wizard's tek based on the merits of GG's guide, IMO.

I hope everything works out for you. Read up over here in cult and you'll have even better success next time.
-ghost

--------------------
~OM MANI PADME HUM~

Edited by ghostofbmarley (08/23/06 07:12 PM)

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
Re: shroom wizard method [Re: ghostofbmarley]
    #5990561 - 08/23/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ok, i uploaded some pics...how do i post them on the forum? dumb question?..new posting pics on the forum. thanks

Invisiblemonstermitch

Folding@home Statistics
    #5990612 - 08/23/06 07:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

there is a code under the picture.

copy and paste that code into your post.
bingo.

--------------------

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
    #5990648 - 08/23/06 07:49 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i followed the shroom wizard's tek completely...all the way from preparing the substrate jars to the casing...i uploaded the pics and marked them as shared. see what you think. i hope to get some good ones out of my hard work.

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
    #5990690 - 08/23/06 07:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
    #5990867 - 08/23/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

im reading the casing and pinning strategy by hyphae...u think these pics show some promise?

Invisiblemonstermitch

Folding@home Statistics
    #5990954 - 08/23/06 09:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yes, promise.

--------------------

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
    #5990960 - 08/23/06 09:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ok, i read the hyphae post on casing and pinning...im goin to read it through again to make sure i understand completely. from the pics of the cased mycelium, since i have already done this a week ago without hyphaes technique...could i place the 2 good looking cases in a larger plastic bin...fill the bottom with moistened perlite...make holes for ventilation..and place the trays on top and keep the lid closed? then use his method of fanning and watering, or is this too little too late? thanks again.

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
    #5990976 - 08/23/06 09:23 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

awesome. from the negative comments i received about the shroom wizard's tek, i thought that i had wasted my time (except for the learning process) and was not going to be able to yield any fruits. glad to hear there is still potential.

Invisiblemonstermitch

Folding@home Statistics
    #5990982 - 08/23/06 09:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

that would produce too much humidity for a cased substrate.

when you read closely, you'll come to a determination:

casing layers need constant evaporation happening.

you need to constantly be misting the casing surface to glistening.
and that moisture needs to be constantly evaporating from the surface.

with perlite in a closed tub, you'll have 100% humidity.
that leaves no where for the moisture to evaporate to.
which leaves you a very unhappy waiting for nothing person.

if you leave the lid open, you could do it.

I grow pans in a setup similar to what you describe.

I take a monotub and fill the bottom with damp perlite.
I run a fan directly on the tub,
I supplement humidity and mist with an ultrasonic humidifier.

having that fan blow on the tub keeps the humidity low enough to work. The humidity escaping is replaced with the perlite and ultrasonic.

evaporation, think evaporation

transpiration

--------------------

Offlinedjaxx06
Stranger
Re: shroom wizard method [Re: monstermitch]
    #5991446 - 08/24/06 12:25 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

alright, thanks for the advice...i have a fan..and i can get some perlite tomorrow...and set it all up.

Offlinemyclops
Stranger
    #5992447 - 08/24/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i used the shroom wizards teks when i first started. i am interested to know how potent yur shrooms are when you get to that point. when i used his tek i had a few jars contam. and they took like 5 weeks to colonize at 86 degrees. the shrooms were not potent at all, ate a whole eighth and maybe a level 2 for about 30 mins. i figured it was because his recipe calls for significantly less brown rice flour then pf tek. write back after you try some out and let me know if yurs are as weak as mine were.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag