Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefromthemoon
ESP Major

Grower s Guide 2.3 - Method 3 Ultra Sonic Humidifier Qs
    #5976938 - 08/18/06 08:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm using the  The Magic Mushrooms Grower s Guide 2.3

Specifically, Growing chamber Method 3: Using an Ultra Sonic Humidifier.

I followed the tek to a "T".

* I used a large styrafoam cooler
* I placed 1/4 screening, 1" from the bottom
* I placed a small hole in the bottom and ran thin tubing through - this is so esses water can drain out into a bottle
* I placed two PVC tubes to create 3/4 holes and filled with polyfill
* I drilled 4 holes, pulled 4 botls w/ washers, and placed 2 peices of glass w/ a flexable plastic to conector the top, and made a triagle drip shield (worked better that one piece, steeper angles with more room)
* I then took four clean plasic bottles and connected with vinyl tubing as directed; then connected to the ultrusonic humidifyer.
* I turned the humidifyer on 100% and watched the plastic bottles fill with water vapor.  Buy the time it got to the third bottle, the vapor was barely there so I removed the fourth bottle.  The I connected the final bottle to the grow box.
* I have turned it on and using a talory temp humidity remote meter, I see the humidity reaching 88% to 92% with a temp of 72 to 74.
* With my hand placed near the polyfill holes, I feel a very slight flow of air.
* The humidifier would be on 24/7

I guess what I am asking is, is this OK? doesn't seem like many are using the tek.
Is this going to be enough air flow (w/ out a cool mist too).
And, is the 88% to 92% humidity and 72 to 74 temp optimal?

Thanks in advance  :heart:

--------------------
Look at the atoms in the air and allow your mind to see the other planes that coexists in the same physical space where you sit. There are vibrational strings in each and every atom containing infinite realities, universes, and dimensions. Multidimensional beings and entities are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!! Only gravity and mental energy can pass through these different atomic branes and mushrooms can break the mental/spiritual membranes separating one reality from the other. TAKE A LOOK!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoulsizzle
nobody f**kswith The Jesus

Re: Grower s Guide 2.3 - Method 3 Ultra Sonic Humidifier Qs [Re: fromthemoon]
    #5977019 - 08/18/06 09:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

This probably isn't going to be enough fresh air exchange by itself. The ultrasonic doesn't provide this. You will have to manually fan as often as possible (at least a few times a day). This will more than likely bring down the humidity further. So, you might have to find a way to bring the humidity up further depending on how big an effect fanning has. If you are doing PF-style cakes, they are going to want a higher humidity level regardless.

--------------------

OfflineSpacedone
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Grower s Guide 2.3 - Method 3 Ultra Sonic Humidifier Qs [Re: soulsizzle]
    #5977050 - 08/18/06 09:20 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

jar of water with a airstone with the pump outside the box and a co2 drain hole. will 24/7 bring in fresh air and humidity and the bad air co2 will leak out so you dont need to fan near as much.

Offlinefromthemoon
ESP Major

Re: Grower s Guide 2.3 - Method 3 Ultra Sonic Humidifier Qs [Re: Spacedone]
    #5977086 - 08/18/06 09:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I do not want to fan/spray at all if I can avoid it - I want to "set it and forget it".

I have everything I need for an air stone system so for added air exchange, that will help.

Should I just add a cool mist and run that 24/7 too?

--------------------
Look at the atoms in the air and allow your mind to see the other planes that coexists in the same physical space where you sit. There are vibrational strings in each and every atom containing infinite realities, universes, and dimensions. Multidimensional beings and entities are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!! Only gravity and mental energy can pass through these different atomic branes and mushrooms can break the mental/spiritual membranes separating one reality from the other. TAKE A LOOK!

OfflineArcofaJourney
Internaltransportationdevice
 User Gallery
Loc: your imagination
Re: Grower s Guide 2.3 - Method 3 Ultra Sonic Humidifier Qs [Re: fromthemoon]
    #5977153 - 08/18/06 09:53 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

just curious...

Is the tek fromthemoon posted generally thought of as an ok way to get decent yields? It seems pretty easy that way. Relatively anyway...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract