Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

how hard is it to grow Azures?
    #5975091 - 08/18/06 02:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Is growing Azure that much more of a challenge then Cubes? thats what was said about Pans, but my first attempt had sucess. So far, I understand that i can spawn on wbs and case with alder chips/aspen bedding. is a controlled enviornment really that important for sucess? Any comments from some real growers would be apprecaited.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: how hard is it to grow Azures? [Re: Ogla]
    #5975230 - 08/18/06 05:45 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The thing about azures is that they like to fruit in the 40's. So unless you have a way of keeping them very cool you have to keep them in the fridge for a couple months.

Invisibleshroomerite
Apprentice

Re: how hard is it to grow Azures? *DELETED* [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5975384 - 08/18/06 08:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by shroomerite

Reason for deletion: no

--------------------
  "For best results, learn to work with nature rather than against it. Mycelium has an amazing ability to cope with less than optimal conditions, and will often fruit when a grower does everything wrong. However, do everything right and watch your performance go through the roof." RR

OfflineCotg8520
Stranger
Re: how hard is it to grow Azures? [Re: shroomerite]
    #5975399 - 08/18/06 08:52 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I've got a much more inexpensive (yet probably more ineffective) setup myself for growing them too. I've got a stirofoam cooler with a rack in it so you can put ice packs or something of the sort in the bottom, and keep your azures (after spawning into some type of wood and letting it colonize that wood somewhat) on top of the rack. I tested it and if you put 3 ice packs in the bottom, it never gets below freezing in the cooler, but it stays cool enough to induce fruiting for at least 12 hrs without changing out the ice packs, so it isn't a horribly demanding setup. Think i'd have any chance of success with that?

Invisibleshroomerite
Apprentice

Re: how hard is it to grow Azures? *DELETED* [Re: Cotg8520]
    #5975426 - 08/18/06 09:14 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by shroomerite

Reason for deletion: no

--------------------
  "For best results, learn to work with nature rather than against it. Mycelium has an amazing ability to cope with less than optimal conditions, and will often fruit when a grower does everything wrong. However, do everything right and watch your performance go through the roof." RR

OfflineCotg8520
Stranger
    #5975445 - 08/18/06 09:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I've thought about that too, and I guess you could add distilled water to the bottom of the cooler, which would then eveaporate into the air(though much more slowly because of the lowered temperature), yet probably not enough so to cause condensation to be a problem. Cold water will still evaporate i think, as long as it isn't frozen (damn physics was too long ago). I hope to have my spores in the next few days, then I think i'll try a LC to maybe take a couple weeks off the wait time, but I'll keep ya posted.

Invisibleshroomerite
Apprentice

Re: how hard is it to grow Azures? [Re: Cotg8520]
    #5975462 - 08/18/06 09:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I am curious to know what you will be using for your LC media. I think it would be benificial to do strain isolation as well so you will have more uniformed growth since doing it indoors.

--------------------

OfflineCotg8520
Stranger
    #5975498 - 08/18/06 10:08 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I've also considered that, but I've had bad experiences with Agar in the past, so I want to stay away from it if at all possible. I'm using Karo Syrup for my LC, but if that doesn't work, I guess I'll be agar-ing it up.

Invisibleshroomerite
Apprentice

Re: how hard is it to grow Azures? [Re: Cotg8520]
    #5975512 - 08/18/06 10:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Try this. I am not sure who posted it originally but this is basically the TEK. It works great for LC.

Recipe for Liquid Culture.

Clean lid, jars and coffee maker with bleach.
Add stir bar or marble for aggitation to jar and put lid on.
PC culture jars for 30 min @ 15 PSI
Allow pressure cooker to de-pressurize naturally.
Allow jars to cool for 10 min.

While jars are cooling:

Fill coffee pot to the 12cup line with distilled water.
Use 2 coffee filters and add the following:

3 slight TBLS of Light Malt Extract (30g)
3 slight TBLS of Dextrose (30g)
½ TSPN of garden gypsum

Brew.

Fill jars with solution.
Replace lid and cover with 2 layers of foil.
PC for 22-25 min. @ 15 PSI
Allow pressure cooker to de-pressurize naturally.
After 1 hour from de-pressurizing remove jars and micro pore tape the jar where the rim meets the glass.
Let cool for at least 12 hours.

Inoculate.

Incubate @ 80 degrees using magnetic stirrer for 1 min a day or aggitate once a day until 40% colonization has been achieved then use or refrigerate.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds