Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSteveBauman
Stranger
Can pins revert into vegetative growth?
    #5974736 - 08/17/06 11:36 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I had a dream about a person who was using an indian strain on WBS spawn.  S/he had two gorgeous pans of casing which had an excellent pin set and had started to fruit.  However, when the pins were only 1 cm long s/he had to leave town for two weeks.  That person had given the cakes some extra water (+peroxide) and had misted the hell out of the growing chambers with the peroxide solution.  Had placed the growing chambers inside a huge opaque rubbermaid container which had been lysol'd beyond repair and then sealed the container.
When s/he had returned the casings were covered with these tuberous white monstrosities which had tiny orange tips the size they were when s/he left.  There was no smell but that of mushrooms, so s/he doesn't believe they are contaminated.  they bruise blue when cut but have the rubbery texture of mycelium, not the solid texture of fruits.
His/her theory is that in the absence of light and absence of contams and in the presence of excess water, the aborts had begun to grow vegetatively.  Is this possible?
S/he doesn't think that it is contaminated, but not 100% sure.  Pics could be provided, it's freaking weird.  S/he had put some WBS cakes in a vermiculite/peatmoss hole in the middle of a bed of phalaris :wink: and returned to find that nature had provided some small but beautiful flushes.  However, s/he is interested in what is going on with the results of the mad scientist mishap indoors....

Any info appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Can pins revert into vegetative growth? [Re: SteveBauman]
    #5975233 - 08/18/06 05:52 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'll bet it's the lysol, it causes mutations. I'm sure they weren't too happy about being locked in a tub with it. Good news is that they are edible.

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth (i think)
Re: Can pins revert into vegetative growth? [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5975962 - 08/18/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

well , to be honest , your aborts will die , only they arent dead , the myc will colonize the aborted mushrooms wallaaaa there is "her" answer

--------------------

While i was in the grass, i picked them..

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Can pins revert into vegetative growth? [Re: PSiFr33k]
    #5977240 - 08/18/06 10:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Like this. Except these weren't aborts. They were just growing on a less than optimal substrate. A bird nest with a silly wooden bird..lol. The green is bruising by the way, not a contaminant. It's Redboy strain, which bruises green rather than blue.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck