Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSchrodingersDog
Stranger
Loc: Nevada
Easier than I thought
    #596489 - 04/02/02 12:41 PM (22 years, 23 hours ago)

I know most of you have heard it from others/done it yourself before but here's my first try experience so far. Five weeks ago went PF style (Equador) with 15 half-pints. Two weeks later they were fully colonized. Waited another week and cased 11 of them into a few aluminum pans, wanted to try just birthing the others as they were starting to pin invitro. Now one week ago the cakes were harvested first flush and the casings were done getting their private time groove on and were moved to fruiting chamber. Last night second flush of cakes was taken and first casing flush harvested. In the middle of that process I innoculated 24 more jars that are now fully collonized. I'll try to case most of those and use a few to spawn grain jars (just got the PCooker and rye supplies). Maybe reason I'm surprised it was so easy is I posted last month before I started that I might have an easier go of it than others because I live in the high Nevada desert. I know from accidental experience that if I leave a loaf of bread on the kitchen counter and go on vacation for a couple of weeks that it will petrify but not grow mold. Outside my door I see dirt, dust and tumbleweeds. I really made no effort to stay clean at any point in the process, and I used ordered syringes and made my own with prints. I used no alcohol or flame to sterilize anything. The best example was my cat starting to scratch a hole in one of my casings to do his business while I looked away. Alright a question, I have to assume I'm either extremely lucky (39 out of 39 jars and 3 of 3 casings with no contam) or just lucky to be trying this hobby in a naturally sterile enviro. If the latter is true what tek would you recomend if contam were no issue. I plan on PCing anyway if grain is used just in case but I'll experiment by cutting out other sterility steps. Danka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSchrodingersDog
Stranger
Loc: Nevada
Re: Easier than I thought [Re: SchrodingersDog]
    #596499 - 04/02/02 12:50 PM (22 years, 23 hours ago)

And how about which unusual species/strains could be rewarding in this theoreticaly sterile enviro?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures, Substrate Mix   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies