Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTripShade
Stranger
What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave?
    #5957200 - 08/12/06 06:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: TripShade]
    #5957203 - 08/12/06 06:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Jet Ass Black!

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineTripShade
Stranger
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: YESSUP]
    #5957228 - 08/12/06 06:24 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Very good sir :smile:   

I found a solitary solider down by the fence.  Not going to try tasting anything until I can find my camera.  But still getting out there and learning the weather and growth and spots and all.  been pretty fun.  Anyhow good hunting

Offlinehomegrownusa
OrganicMechanic
Male
Loc: Central Florida
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: TripShade]
    #5958279 - 08/13/06 01:37 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

What about foes?
Is'nt there print the same or is it brown I've found several of one or the other here but I didnt bother to look into to it cause there weak compared to copes and even cubes right?

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: homegrownusa]
    #5958580 - 08/13/06 08:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

homegrownusa said:
What about foes?
Is'nt there print the same or is it brown I've found several of one or the other here but I didnt bother to look into to it cause there weak compared to copes and even cubes right?

Brown yes!

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: homegrownusa]
    #5958867 - 08/13/06 11:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

MJ will argue with this, however, I have talked with atleast 5 other people that agree with me, that Panaeolus subbalteatus (subbs) are weak to the point of disregarding.

You will find some information on the web that says Panaeolina foenisecii maire (foes) are mildly active, but this is innacurrate due to a mix up.... The researchers incolved, had apparently mixed subbs up with or instead of foes in their study, there for, they assumed the psychoactivety of foes.

Here is a good picture Gumby made:

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: CureCat]
    #5959852 - 08/13/06 04:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Shit, this whole post was just accidently deleted.

Sorry Cure Cat but you are wrong about Panaeolus subbalteatus. It is a good shroom in doses from one fresh ounce and from 3-5 dried grams of mushroom.

This again is the equivelant of eating one fresh ounce of Psilocybe cubensis or 3-5 dried grams.

This musrhoom was the cause of numerous intoxications in the early 1900s. Reports of these case are in published medical journals and pshychiatric journals. It caused inebriations in those who accidently consumed this mushroom found in their gardens in the northeast U.S.A. It then becaem known as the weed mushroom due to the fact that it could grow anywhere.

In Pennsyvania and New York, mushroom farms had to hire extra shroom harvesters to remove the weed mushrooms from their growth of edibles.

I have several of those case histories in my files.

One more interesting note of Panaeolus subbalteatus.

It was the first mushroom ever to be investigated for its possible psychoactibve propeties in 1917 when Michael Vevine, Ph.D., conducted chemical studies on animal subjects, including dogs, cats, frogs, turtles, mice, etc. However, Dr. Levine could not find the active ingredients in the shrooms and so they remained hidden even longer from the public eye.

Also, The national Geographic Magazine in their 1908 issue, one of two issues on musorooms in their entire publishing life, was the first magazine to publish a photograph of Panaeolus subbalteatus as Panaeolus venenosus.

Now that brings me to another point.

panaeolus subbalteaus is grown and sold in Holland on a weekly basis.

To begin With Fresh Musrhoms of Tiel, Nederlands is one of four farms which cultivate, legally, magic shrooms. They grow cubes, Copelandias, Subbs and Slerotia. They cultivate, package and sell more than 2,000 kilos a week of Panaeolus subbalteatus. That makes it a very popular p mushroom and their packages come in one fresh ounce, 500 grams, 750 grams and 1000 gram packages. They also sell bulk mushrooms to 80% of all smart shops in the Nederlands, sometimes selling as many as 20,000 kilos a wekk of all of their shroom products.

AS to what everyone thinks they are picking and identifying as Panaeolus subbalteatus as a weak shroom. Yes. But so is P. cubensis bu weight,.

However, it is more popular than yuou could ever imagine

here are two more images.

Now Cure cat. Think about that. 2,000 kilos a wekk are sold of Panaeolus subbalteatus.

enough said.

mj

OfflineLemurian
PsychedelicFreak

Loc: San Antonio, Venezuela
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5959880 - 08/13/06 05:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Mj you rule :thumbup:

--------------------
LastraController

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: Lemurian]
    #5959981 - 08/13/06 05:38 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I'm thinking....

And I'm thinking you are being rather stiff in your acquisition of this information.

I do not necessarily disagree with any of what you typed... However, in a past thread you corrected me when I said that Panaeolus subbalteatus varies in potency, and that my experience as well as others i have spoken to, have confirmed that the subbs they picked were quite ineffective... These testimonials have come from educated sources regarding mycology and identification... Such as moderators on this forum.

There is some suspicion that substrate may relate to the high vs. low potency Pan. subbalteatus... Such as mushrooms grown off hay, compared to mushrooms grown off of lawns.

I agree, that sometimes subbs are comparable to cubes, however, there is quite a range that I think you dismiss.

You cannot simply disregard the issue by assuming that the hunters harvested inactive Panaeolus species. That is evasive, and unlikely to be the case on multiple occasions, with multiple people, since as you said, they are "weed mushrooms", and they grow very commonly. It is fair to assume that the ID's were accurate.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #5960119 - 08/13/06 06:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

SInce i have been on this forum. Only a few have found panaeolus subbalteatus. And those few I know had what they said they had.

however, I doubt many identifications of Panaeolus subbalteatus because of those picking them. I show people pictures of galerina autumnalis and they tell me they ate thema nd they are opositive thast is what they ate..

OPver the pat thirty years, I have looked at dozens ab upon dozens of colelctions her eint eh PNW of people who swore they ahd Panaeolus subbalteatus and they were not.

Just because a person here is a mderator does not mean they know everythig about the shroms they id for everyone here.

AS for harsh, I think not. I jst stated the potency adn chemical analysis of Panaeous subbalteatus confirms they are the same potency as for cubes by dry weight.

I too have eaten m them more than a dozen tiomes in my life and each time i had a most rewarding experience and very high high, with visuals.

And I have eaten them from not only hay, but also from manure and from lawns and people I also shared them with over the years and people I took picking them also had grat higghs. never a bad trip and not like Andrew Weil's much publisized uncomfortable stomach cramp trip. In fact, all of the medical records of the accidental ingestions of this species by straight people also reported significant psilocybian highs and effects and tranquility as well as intense visuals.

I really have no time to debate this point at the moment as I am getting ready to leave.

have a shroomy day.

mj

mj

Invisiblemikonn
me

#5960380 - 08/13/06 08:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I believe much of the confusion over Panaeolus subbalteatus come from the wide variance of mushrooms that seem to fall under its name. Many refer to a Pan. Subb group, and perhaps there is a lack of rigor in delinating the classification of these various types. There very well may be a noticable difference in potency between them which would account for the inconsistant reports.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: mikonn]
    #5963172 - 08/14/06 03:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

CureCat:
"You cannot simply disregard the issue by assuming that the hunters harvested inactive Panaeolus species. That is evasive, and unlikely to be the case on multiple occasions, with multiple people, since as you said, they are "weed mushrooms", and they grow very commonly. It is fair to assume that the ID's were accurate. "

MJshroomer:
"however, I doubt many identifications of Panaeolus subbalteatus because of those picking them. I show people pictures of galerina autumnalis and they tell me they ate thema nd they are opositive thast is what they ate.."

I just advised against using this as an argument.
You cannot refute the claim that the potency of Panaeolus subbalteatus varies, by assuming the incompetence of any mushroom hunter.
This is the logical fallacy known as Ad Hominem.

"The fallacy rests on a confusion between the qualities of the person making the claim and the qualities of the claim itself."

"We commit the Ad Hominem fallacy when we think that considerations about a person 'refute' his or her assertions. Ad Hominem is Latin for 'to the man,' indicating it is not really the subject matter that's being addressed, but the person."

- Critical Thinking, Moore and Parker.

MJshroomer:
"Just because a person here is a mderator does not mean they know everythig about the shroms they id for everyone here."

I absolutely did not say that, nor would I ever suggest such a thing.

I never said you were being "harsh".

Your arguments are circular. If you do not wish to debate the issue, that is fine. So far, your objections leave me nothing relevant to respond to, as my query is based on the relative potency of the mushroom Panaeolus subbalteatus. Not the competence of the hunters themselves.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #5963412 - 08/14/06 05:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

There are more than one dozen or so published papers in the literature which show the chemical analysis of Paneolus subbalteatus and all of the analytical results show they are about the same potency leverl as P. cubensis.

I am on an airplane at the moment on mty way across the ocean to Taipai and beyond.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #5963486 - 08/14/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Could you post those citations so we can look them up? Were the mushrooms in the different studies from the same source (as is commonly the case)? Have fun in Asia.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: xmush]
    #5963600 - 08/14/06 06:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Not until I return in early October or late September. I won't have access to my files overseas.

I go to sleep now and wake up in the morning and it will be warm and sunny

mj

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #5963776 - 08/14/06 07:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

About the same potency, is fair.  In a previous thread you stated that i was wrong, and they are the same potency lb per lb as cubes. 

The word "about" hedges the bet, leaving room for deviation.
That is fine. 

I will look forward to seeing these results of the chemical analysis of P. subbalteatus when you return from your venture.

I will continue to understand that the most accurate portrayal of the collective information on Panaeolus subbalteatus, leaves room for variation in potency- including specimens which contain such trace amounts of psilocybin, that effects are virtually insignificant.

That is, until proven otherwise.  :wink:

--------------------

Offlinedrizzit
ranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NY
    #16719891 - 08/18/12 10:22 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Mjshroomer ganna post that data soon?

--------------------
"I now view my long road as a search for truth in my own heart, in the world around me,and in the bigger questions of purpose and of existence. How does one define good and evil." - Drizzt Do'Urden

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: drizzit]
    #16720149 - 08/18/12 11:13 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

drizzit said:
Mjshroomer ganna post that data soon?

This was 6 years ago, look at the dates, mjshroomer is no longer here.  Although, I wouldn't listen to him saying P. cinctulus (The new name for P. subbalteatus) are just as strong as cubes.  The ones on lawn turf are definitely weaker, I don't have experience with the ones on dung, but I imagine they are also weaker.

Offlinedrizzit
ranger
 User Gallery

Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: Byrain]
    #16720362 - 08/18/12 11:57 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I seen the date an just thought id bust balls :p thank you for that info iv been hunting in the western ny region for p.subbs so I wanted to see more on this site's forums for personal xp with potency.  Iv read a crap load on this site and meny links from this site.  The shroomery is so much more then I first thought in beginning. I'm currently hunting around a horse field with horses living in it,  I think theyer eating the mushrooms before I get there.  And all the lbms I find in yards seem to be just just not p.subbs I'm a been an started hunting around the beginning of this month but iv hunted everyday around the woods and fields of my area for at least an hr per day iv become obsessed with hunting and alot of research here.  If you have any personal xp of my area or good Actives to look for around here I would appreciate it vary much!  Thanks for your time as well.

--------------------
"I now view my long road as a search for truth in my own heart, in the world around me,and in the bigger questions of purpose and of existence. How does one define good and evil." - Drizzt Do'Urden

Offlinedrizzit
ranger
 User Gallery

Re: What color spore print does Panaeolus subbalteatus leave? [Re: drizzit]
    #16720461 - 08/18/12 12:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

^ I'm a noob " not a been

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures