Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAkira4321
HNIC
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
How do i go about getting mixing area clean???????
    #595067 - 03/31/02 11:40 PM (22 years, 2 days ago)

Yea im about to sart a project started and i was wondering. what are some procedures i can take to get my kitchen clean enough to do my jars. I've tried growing mushrooms multiple times and my jars never seem to colonize because of conatmination. I pressure cook and everything. But still contamination. Help with this would be well appreciated.

--------------------
Product Of Genetic Darkness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How do i go about getting mixing area clean??????? [Re: Akira4321]
    #595096 - 04/01/02 12:32 AM (22 years, 2 days ago)

You need to get all the stuff out of the kitchen that you don't need.

Bleach the counters......mop the floor......clean the sink.......clean the oven.
Make sure you don't have any draft of air moving around.....Spray the air with Lysol....then wash your hands really good....make sure to get the stuff out between your finger nails......wipe your hands with Alcohol...or wear surgery type gloves....Wipe down anything that you are using.....then you can start making jars.

The more sterile you are..... the less chances of contaminations.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineSurf Bum
Re: How do i go about getting mixing area clean??????? [Re: Akira4321]
    #595100 - 04/01/02 12:46 AM (22 years, 2 days ago)

bathrooms are good places to make all your stuff, kitchens are usual in the middle of your house with lots of germs and air flow, but bathrooms are small, just wipe the walls and counters with some bleach water, then mop the floor, make sure there is no dirty clothes in there, clean your toilet, its a small area and you can cut it off from all drafts, after cleaning everything spray some disinfectant everywhere and close the door, leave it like this while you pressure cook your jars then take the cooker off the stove and directly into the bathroom too cool, that way no nasty air will be sucked in there, you can also mix all your stuff up in the bathroom that way lessening dirty air, i would suspect that brf and vermiculite are pretty sterile when they come so try to keep it that way, clean utensils, freshly cleaned mixing bowl, and wear a hat and brush your teeth and try not to breath directly on anything, this is about as sterile as your going to get and it will work much better then a kitchen workspace

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: Akira4321]
    #595106 - 04/01/02 01:07 AM (22 years, 2 days ago)

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: How do i go about getting mixing area clean??????? [Re: ]
    #595214 - 04/01/02 04:21 AM (22 years, 2 days ago)

Flow hood would help, or a glove box. You can build a throw away glove box out of about anything, you can rig to see in & use a trash bag insert as a huge glove.

PITA -- but works.

Spray Lysol all over inside, place Lysol spray bottle & clean rag inside w/whatever your working with. Tape a trash bag on. Spray more inside & wipe down, then do whatever it is you want. Then tear the box down.

My first glove box -- way back when -- was a 28 gallon fish tank turned on its flat side & a trash bag taped around it's opening.

SixTango -- out

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag