Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletrauma47645
The MushroomKing
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in this place c...
Psilocybin and Psilocin extraction
    #5948787 - 08/09/06 09:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Psilocybin and Psilocin are both relatively unstable when released from the mushroom, whether it be from extraction or what not.. i was wondering if it was possible to make either compound take on a salt form. ( I guess what i am trying to ask in simple terms is... are Psilocybin and Psilocin in a free base form or are they in a solulable salt form.. If they arent in a solulable salt form is it possible to put them into that form in order to stabilize thier reactivity)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAfroshroomerican
Oprah's Minion
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
Re: Psilocybin and Psilocin extraction [Re: trauma47645]
    #5948831 - 08/09/06 09:22 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

As far as I know extracting pure psyilocybin from shrooms into a powder or another form isn't too easy and certainly time consuming.

Why may I ask do you wish to do this?

if nausea is a proble, try making tea. Psyilocybin is readily extracted into water.

Heat some water up (sub boiling) with some lemon juice (acidity helps absorbtion into the water a bit) strain and drink.

I never had nausea with this at all because I'm not chewing fungal matter. But I'd skip trying to make it freebase..

--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

Invisibletrauma47645
The MushroomKing
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin and Psilocin extraction [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #5948839 - 08/09/06 09:24 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

im not worried about the nausea... i have no problems cheming up the actual fungus.. i am looking more at a way for long term storage.. and shelf stability..

InvisibleAfroshroomerican
Oprah's Minion
Male

Loc: Pennsylvania
    #5948867 - 08/09/06 09:35 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Ok well in that case: two things to ensure potency/usability.

1) Dry them. Dry them the fuck out good.

H2O is not your friend when wishing to preserve shrooms. Wetness is favored by many airborne shit that will grow on your shrooms.
The ones my dealer sells are so dry they like soak up all the saliva from my mouth when I eat em (ackkk)

To do this: Fan dry is your best bet. If you want to go the extra mile use desiccants such as derilite and silica gel (you know that stuff they put in your shoe boxes to keep dampness out).

2) Storage.

If you are really wanting preservation. Put dry shrooms in a bag (if u can vacuum seal this would be 2x better because air oxidizes the psycho actives--but this is extreme).
Put in a cool dark place (a refrig is good imo)

If you do these steps your potency will last years...

--------------------
"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."

~Martin Luther King Jr.~

<passitbobbie> if I just showed you a closeup of my ass
<passitbobbie> youd think it was female

"You owe errrbody up in here an apology fow youwe shit, HO!" - classic

Invisiblekija
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin and Psilocin extraction [Re: Afroshroomerican]
    #5948962 - 08/09/06 10:00 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Cracker dry,Cofee grinder,capsule,frezze.
Kija.

--------------------
Am I breathing up or down? says the speaking fictional character.

Offlinetrentallica
Lord Trentnar
Male User Gallery

Loc: virgina Flag
Re: Psilocybin and Psilocin extraction [Re: kija]
    #5949203 - 08/09/06 11:15 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yes but in a salt from injestion can become much more creative. like say slam that shit right into a vain

--------------------
The only ones for me are the mad ones..........
                  :ass2mouth:

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Psilocybin and Psilocin extraction [Re: trentallica]
    #5951114 - 08/10/06 04:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, ummm... psilocybin is quite stable as a solitary compound and can be stored as is from what I've read. Psilocin is the unstable one that will oxidize in seconds.

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin and Psilocin extraction [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #5951191 - 08/10/06 05:00 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Psilocybin is the chemical alkaloid in mushrooms. It is broken down by body acids (or other acids) into psilocin, a salt. At least that's how it was explained to me.

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Invisibletrauma47645
The MushroomKing
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin and Psilocin extraction [Re: wiggles]
    #5951269 - 08/10/06 05:29 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

ok so is it possible to get psilocin into a stable free base form or a stable solulable salt? i am looking for a way to preserve the alkaloids in a non conspicious manner... you know a pound of dry shrooms is quite a large amount.. you do an extraction and place the alkaloids into a stable form and you have a much smaller package with the same bang...

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #5951289 - 08/10/06 05:34 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard of tinctures being made using extremely high grade alcohol. Supposedly makes a bright blue color. I have not, however, seen any extractions to isolate either the alkaloids, or the salts. I don't doubt that it'd be possible though. You'd have to find something to keep them suspended in however... like alcohol.

Any chemists out there who know whether its a polar or nonpolar extraction you'd have to use? Or would it be both?

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Edited by wiggles (08/10/06 05:36 PM)

Invisibletrauma47645
The MushroomKing
Male User Gallery

#5951333 - 08/10/06 05:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

well once you get the two alkaloids extracted and put either into a solulable salt solution, my very basic understanding of chemistry would dictate that the alkaloids are in a form in which would be stable and still be usuable by our bodies. the salt then could either be stored as a dry salt invacuo or suspended in an aqueous solution of distilled water.. am i wrong?

Invisiblespecial_k
Ketamine is myLSD

Loc: TX
    #5952046 - 08/10/06 09:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have made tinctures of mushrooms with high proof alcohol. Actually I took the tincture I made and added to a small amount of mushroom powder and let it dry. If you evaporated the alcohol it would definitely no be pure psilocybin. It seemed to work pretty good with maybe 70% to 80% of the good stuff intact. However it degraded severely while in a dark and dry environment over the course of a several months. I do not suggest any do this. I assume (but am not 100%) that the tinctures would degrade as fast if not faster. This is assuming that you are doing the whole extraction with only high grade alcohol.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order