Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

question regarding Israel's supposed "targeted" bombings
    #5947686 - 08/09/06 03:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

So, the line goes that Israel does not kill civilians intentionally and that all civilian deaths are accidents because Hezbollah is so integrated within Lebanese communities or because they use civilians as human shields. And when civilians are killed, it is because they are within proximity of Hezbollah militia members (tough shit). Right?

My question is: where does Israel get its information of where the tens of thousands of Hezbollah militia members are located? Do they have spies on the ground and satelities in space tracking every member of the militia?

Unless Israel has such up-to-date, real-time and accurate information on the whereabouts of Hezbollah members, from all accounts and images of Lebanon, it appears like Israel is pretty much dropping bombs indiscriminately - much like Hezbollah lobbing missiles indiscriminately.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14252208

Looking at that image of Beirut, looks like 90% of the buildings and homes have been destroyed. Is this to say that Israel tracked Hezbollah members in each of those bombings? Or is it they simply "guessed" on where Hezbollah could be and blew the fuck out of the area (civilians be damned)?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: question regarding Israel's supposed "targeted" bombings [Re: Vvellum]
    #5947798 - 08/09/06 03:50 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I looked and clicked back and forth several times and all I could see was damage in 3 of the 4 circled areas. It's also a pretty small section of Beirut. And tough shit anyway. Why does a terrorist organization have HQ and a TV station when the government of Lebanon was supposed to get rid of them?

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: question regarding Israel's supposed "targeted" bombings [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5947843 - 08/09/06 04:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I looked and clicked back and forth several times and all I could see was damage in 3 of the 4 circled areas.

I think you need to look again.

Quote:

And tough shit anyway.

Yup, tough shit  :rolleyes:

Quote:

Why does a terrorist organization have HQ and a TV station when the government of Lebanon was supposed to get rid of them?

Why was Lebanon's government supposed to get rid of them? As a result of the civil war and the Israeli pull-out of Lebanon, Hezbollah was allowed to exist as a militia in southern Lebanon to maintain resistance to Israeli occupation. And, perhaps, the Lebanese government is weak and resources to maintain a powerful army are minimal after 15 years or so of civil war and Israeli occupation allowing Hezbollah to fill in the power-vaccum.

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#5948020 - 08/09/06 05:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

They can pinpoint the location of every missile that is fired..and then they bomb the fuck out of the area. Plus they hit infrastructure and leads on possible hezbollah locations. There is no shortage of targets, im sure.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #5948176 - 08/09/06 05:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:

Quote:

Why does a terrorist organization have HQ and a TV station when the government of Lebanon was supposed to get rid of them?

Why was Lebanon's government supposed to get rid of them? As a result of the civil war and the Israeli pull-out of Lebanon, Hezbollah was allowed to exist as a militia in southern Lebanon to maintain resistance to Israeli occupation.

Really? That's a nice piece of fiction. I will quote from UN res 425

Decides, in the light of the request of the Government of Lebanon, to establish immediately under its authority a United Nations interim force for Southern Lebanon for the purpose of confirming the withdrawal of Israeli forces, restoring international peace and security and assisting the Government of Lebanon in ensuring the return of its effective authority in the area, the Force to be composed of personnel drawn from Member States;

And 1391

5. Calls on the Government of Lebanon to continue to take steps to ensure the return of its effective authority throughout the south, including the deployment of Lebanese armed forces;

And, most cogently 1559

Reiterating its strong support for the territorial integrity, sovereignty and political independence of Lebanon within its internationally recognized borders,

Noting the determination of Lebanon to ensure the withdrawal of all non- Lebanese forces from Lebanon,

Gravely concerned at the continued presence of armed militias in Lebanon, which prevent the Lebanese Government from exercising its full sovereignty over all Lebanese territory,

Reaffirming the importance of the extension of the control of the Government of Lebanon over all Lebanese territory,

Mindful of the upcoming Lebanese presidential elections and underlining the importance of free and fair elections according to Lebanese constitutional rules devised without foreign interference or influence,

1. Reaffirms its call for the strict respect of the sovereignty, territorial integrity, unity, and political independence of Lebanon under the sole and exclusive authority of the Government of Lebanon throughout Lebanon;

2. Calls upon all remaining foreign forces to withdraw from Lebanon;

3. Calls for the disbanding and disarmament of all Lebanese and non- Lebanese militias;

4. Supports the extension of the control of the Government of Lebanon over all Lebanese territory;

5. Declares its support for a free and fair electoral process in Lebanon’s upcoming presidential election conducted according to Lebanese constitutional rules devised without foreign interference or influence;

6. Calls upon all parties concerned to cooperate fully and urgently with the Security Council for the full implementation of this and all relevant resolutions concerning the restoration of the territorial integrity, full sovereignty, and political independence of Lebanon;
Quote:

And, perhaps, the Lebanese government is weak and resources to maintain a powerful army are minimal after 15 years or so of civil war and Israeli occupation allowing Hezbollah to fill in the power-vaccum.

Whatever, they not only made no effort to secure their authority over these thugs, they allowed them free rein when they should have been hunting them down. HQ and their own TV station in Beirut? Israel left and what did it get them? A rearmed Hezbollah army and a new war. And now, all of a sudden, the Lebanese government seems to have found the will to send in 15,000 troops to safeguard Israel from Hez attacks. Yeah, right. I wonder where those Mary's found the motivation to do that at last? And will they supplant or supplement the Hezzies? That is a question I wouldn't even allow to be uttered, if I was an Israeli, until I had satisfied myself that the Hezzies are substantially degraded. And by degraded I mean dead.

--------------------

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

#5948227 - 08/09/06 06:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Why should Lebanon listen to the UN when Israel won't? Funny that anyone even supports Israel, funny how those same people got their ass handed to them by Germany, they needed everyone to come and save them, but now they are doing the same shit to the Arabs. As soon as the US loses its teeth, Israel will become a big parking lot. I doubt China would have a problem trading arms for oil, which it seems they might already be doing.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #5948247 - 08/09/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:minigun: :runaway:  :runaway: :runaway:  :runaway: :runaway:  :rockets:

israel's a bully.

--------------------

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #5948423 - 08/09/06 07:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

the lebanese government was supposed to disarm hezbollah. they didn't, then hezbollah captured some israeli troops, and now the israelis are pounding the shit of of lebanon and killing lebanese civilians.

i think it's clear that israel doesn't really care about killing anyone who isn't jewish, innocent or not, as long as they perceive it useful to their defense.

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: question regarding Israel's supposed "targeted" bombings [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #5948660 - 08/09/06 08:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:

israel's a bully.

Bullies usually aren't first targeted for extermination. Israel is a pissed off beast who the arab world fucked with and is now get fucked in the ass by IDF. And the arabs do want the Jews dead... So yea, Israel is a bully because they are trying to survive.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Offlinetwiggedoubt
twigburst
Male User Gallery

Re: question regarding Israel's supposed "targeted" bombings [Re: downforpot]
    #5948818 - 08/09/06 09:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

No they are a bully cause they think that "god" gave them the land. Or maybe 1000 dead people is justified cause they want to be safe. Hitler was a bully and so is Israel, though you think that they would be a bit more peaceful considering they have suffered so much. Instead of going to war with other countries they should try to save innocent peoples lives that are getting the same treatment they got during WW2, like in Sudan or in parts of Russia. It sucks that they have such strong lobby groups in the US, as this country is Israel's bitch. I could give 2 shits less what they do there, but as long as my tax dollars are going to them, I think we should have some say as to what they can and can't do with it. Of course or coward ass politicians won't do anything to stop them, as it might cause them the election. Also, the Arabs never had a problem with the Jews until Palestine was hijacked. They are all Semites afterall.

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#5948828 - 08/09/06 09:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Really? That's a nice piece of fiction. I will quote from UN res 425

Wait. A neo-conservative apologist defending UN resolutions? Surreal. Why should Lebanon maintain accordance with UN resolutions if Israel does not?

Quote:

Whatever, they not only made no effort to secure their authority over these thugs, they allowed them free rein when they should have been hunting them down. HQ and their own TV station in Beirut? Israel left and what did it get them? A rearmed Hezbollah army and a new war. And now, all of a sudden, the Lebanese government seems to have found the will to send in 15,000 troops to safeguard Israel from Hez attacks. Yeah, right. I wonder where those Mary's found the motivation to do that at last? And will they supplant or supplement the Hezzies? That is a question I wouldn't even allow to be uttered, if I was an Israeli, until I had satisfied myself that the Hezzies are substantially degraded. And by degraded I mean dead.

Re-armed? When was Hezbollah ever disarmed? It appears like Hezbollah is more powerful than the government.

So, anyways, back on topic. How exactly does Israel target all of these bombing?

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: question regarding Israel's supposed "targeted" bombings [Re: Catalysis]
    #5948834 - 08/09/06 09:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Catalysis said:
They can pinpoint the location of every missile that is fired..and then they bomb the fuck out of the area. Plus they hit infrastructure and leads on possible hezbollah locations. There is no shortage of targets, im sure.

So, essentially, they are guessing?

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

#5949153 - 08/09/06 10:57 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

No no, here's how it works.

First of all, the Hezbollah guerillas pull out their rocket launchers.  They do this nearly always in civilian neighborhoods, right behind a mosque or a hospital or a school or some apartment buildings.  Then Israel, somehow, knows where these mobile launchers are at and specifically only targets that area. 

How do they track these mobile launchers?

How do they know they are hitting them?

Why hasn't killing all of these civilians-as-shields slowed the rockets down at all?

DOn't be an anti-Semite, just believe the story!

:wink:

--------------------
Unions are the bastions of the mediocre. - luvdemshrooms

OfflineRosettaStoned
Stranger

Loc: North America
    #5949255 - 08/09/06 11:27 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Wow right-wingers quoting the UN...you guys must sure be desperate to appease that sub-conscious voice that says bombing the piss out of dirt poor people just somehow doesn't feel right.

Any other time you hear, "the UN is worthless, fuck the UN, the UN is obsolete" blah blah blah. Now trying to come up with an excuse to make isreal's actions seem justified here we are digging out UN resolutions, the hypocrisy is pitiful  :nonono:

--------------------
"Government big enough to provide you with all you need is also big enough to take everything you have." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"Without stupid, faggy potheads we wouldn't have wars." - Zappa

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5949314 - 08/09/06 11:38 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
Quote:

AlteredAgain said:

israel's a bully.

Bullies usually aren't first targeted for extermination. Israel is a pissed off beast who the arab world fucked with and is now get fucked in the ass by IDF. And the arabs do want the Jews dead... So yea, Israel is a bully because they are trying to survive.

Whether it was Jews, Roma, Gypsies or the Japanese who flocked to Palestine in the 20th century, Arabs would hold the same sentiment to what would be seen as a foreign entity in their region of the world. Arab hatred of Jews has alot more to do with Zionism than Jewry and Judaism.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
    #5949327 - 08/09/06 11:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Israel dropped pamphlets over the weekend warning the Lebanese not to drive any vehicles whatsoever or else they will be killed. I don't think they're making much of a secret that they're bombing anything that moves in Southern Lebanon.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: question regarding Israel's supposed "targeted" bombings [Re: Basilides]
    #5950029 - 08/10/06 10:01 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Exactly.

...and dont even try to escape.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5950350 - 08/10/06 12:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
Quote:

AlteredAgain said:

israel's a bully.

I can respect that, but it would be nice if Israel did this on their own, with out using western money, weapons, technology, etc. They are drawing us into shit that is NONE of our business. Israel can do what the hell they want, but they need to stand on their own feet.

America's time is drawing to an end, and when they can no longer afford to support Israel, then we are in for quite the show. I just wish Israel didn't have a large nuclear arsenal. They may take the world down with them. :thumbdown:

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: question regarding Israel's supposed "targeted" bombings [Re: twiggedoubt]
    #5950352 - 08/10/06 12:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

twiggedoubt said:
No they are a bully cause they think that "god" gave them the land.  Or maybe 1000 dead people is justified cause they want to be safe.  Hitler was a bully and so is Israel, though you think that they would be a bit more peaceful considering they have suffered so much.  Instead of going to war with other countries they should try to save innocent peoples lives that are getting the same treatment they got during WW2, like in Sudan or in parts of Russia.  It sucks that they have such strong lobby groups in the US, as this country is Israel's bitch.  I could give 2 shits less what they do there, but as long as my tax dollars are going to them, I think we should have some say as to what they can and can't do with it.  Of course or coward ass politicians won't do anything to stop them, as it might cause them the election.  Also, the Arabs never had a problem with the Jews until Palestine was hijacked.  They are all Semites afterall.

The arabs never had a problem with the Jews until Palestine was hijacked? Ok, now you made yourself sound ignorant. THERE WAS NO PALESTINE. EVER. THERE WAS THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE. And the Arabs/Muslims looked at Jews as second class citizens so they DID have a problem with the Jews.

So you are comparing Jews to Nazis? Congrats for being a.... You are like those morons that compare to Bush to Hitler, LOL.

Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
No no, here's how it works.

First of all, the Hezbollah guerillas pull out their rocket launchers.  They do this nearly always in civilian neighborhoods, right behind a mosque or a hospital or a school or some apartment buildings.  Then Israel, somehow, knows where these mobile launchers are at and specifically only targets that area. 

How do they track these mobile launchers?

How do they know they are hitting them?

Why hasn't killing all of these civilians-as-shields slowed the rockets down at all?

DOn't be an anti-Semite, just believe the story!

:wink:

You should see some videos from spy drones and airplans man. Oh man. There's this one video of these faggots firing rockets and then a few seconds later they start running away from the luncher and then BAM, DEAD. LOL. It's sick cause you can see them scattering away from the luncher and then the whole area just blows the fuck up after a missile hits it.

The skies of Lebanon are basically full of spy drones and jets right now, looking down on Lebanon with cameras.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Edited by downforpot (08/10/06 12:05 PM)

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: question regarding Israel's supposed "targeted" bombings [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5950368 - 08/10/06 12:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
Quote:

downforpot said:
Quote:

AlteredAgain said:

israel's a bully.

I can respect that, but it would be nice if Israel did this on their own, with out using western money, weapons, technology, etc. They are drawing us into shit that is NONE of our business. Israel can do what the hell they want, but they need to stand on their own feet.

America's time is drawing to an end, and when they can no longer afford to support Israel, then we are in for quite the show. I just wish Israel didn't have a large nuclear arsenal. They may take the world down with them. :thumbdown:

Take the world down with them? Jews don't believe in getting 72 virgins for killing people. So I would be more worried about people that want to die and welcome death as a good thing. So worry about the Hajis.

Quote:

bi0 said:
Exactly.

...and dont even try to escape.

I agree. They shouldn't even drop leaflets  to tell people to leave the towns. I say just cluster bomb them all to make sure.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

Edited by downforpot (08/10/06 12:10 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom