Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Lids w/filter & external injection port (PIC)
    #594750 - 03/31/02 04:50 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

One Gallon metal Lid w/filter pop riveted (& glued) on & seperate external injection site ports that can be closed w/small plastic plug.

Wide mouth plastic lid w/filter glued on & duel external injection sites.

Filter is .03 micron & will withstand repeated autoclaveing.

Sorry, didn't mean to make the Pic so large.

SixTango -- out

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Edited by SixTango (04/01/02 12:44 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Lids w/filter & external injection port [Re: SixTango]
    #594783 - 03/31/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Deleted by admin

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Lids w/filter & external injection port [Re: World Spirit]
    #594863 - 03/31/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

A good looking FOAF works in a clean room enviroment. One day, a few weeks ago, having a glass of wine togather, she pulled one of those filters out of her pocket. Then threw it in the ashtray. I picked it up & eyeballed it. A little light went on in my head!

I asked her the spec's on the filter. She said .03 micron @ 13mm Aq. I asked if I could have it & could she get more. Had it autoclaved repeatedly to see if it would withstand the higher temps. It did.

I talked her out of a few dozen more. Then, I just cobbled them togather & tested on quarts & gallons of grain. On plastic lids, they are the boss.

On gallon metal lids - when just silicone glued, I found they did not adhere well after repeated sterilizations. I assume that was because of the differing expansion & contraction rates of metal & plastic. So, I pop riveted the filters to metal lids (besides/silicone) & now they do. I have a sqash type plastic rivet coming, that should work -- even better.

Success rates are dependant on sterility of the spawn or substrate & container, the work area & quaility of spore syringe. When container & spawn is PC'd or sterilized @ 15 lbs for 1 hour, a sterile syringe is used & work area is sterile (flow hood), success is 100%.

Colonization time is improved about 20 to 30% on the couple strains I tested ( EQ & GT -- quarts & gallons of grain). When shaking the jars, the grains movement acts as an internal bellows & creates a forced gas exchange, rather than ambiant.

I asked the Gal, if I could get a lot more of the same filters. She talked with her Boss, they had an over/order on identical filters & he sold me the surplus @ 0.25 cents ea. Only trouble was, I had to take them -- all. There were lots, let me tell you. Oh well, what the hell, I like to tinker & have the $$ & time.

The plugs are from the same source & run .03 cents ea. The rest is labor.

I have an improvement in the works, that's better yet. I found a sourse of material that can be repeatedly injected w/18 -- 19 gauge needle & instantly reseals (air/tight) as the syringe is withdrawn. You can imagine the advantage. No opening - what/so/ever of a sterized jar. Can't beat that.

I'm testing it now. Looks like it will function 100% for at least 100 -- maybe 150 punctures. If I can get that down pat & I'm sure I can. I'm going to take the filters & material to a FOAF who is an executive at an injection mold company. Have the filter & injection/able material molded with & into a wide mouth lid @ the same time.

Presto Chango. The perfect lid -- simple as flushing a toilet. Hard to screw that up, unless you have a bad syringe or don't sterilize container & spawn correctly.

Still figuring cost. But, it will be very reasonable -- when produced in the 5,000 range. Injection mold places will not gear up for tiny batch's, unless you want to pay an arm & leg for the set/up fee

Patent search done & app being written.

SixTango -- out

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineMeneerCactus
Ex Operator FSRE
 User Gallery
Loc: The Low Lands
Re: Lids w/filter & external injection port (PIC) [Re: SixTango]
    #595205 - 04/01/02 03:42 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

High ST,

That looks awesome! Pic can say sometimes more than words...

Great work,

Out

--------------------
"Millions of years of evolution just to .... light up a joint"

InvisibleNighted
Ghost

Loc: Funkytown
    #595215 - 04/01/02 04:23 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Now THAT is a good idea!

--------------------

Freedom defined is freedom denied.

Nighted is better than Google. Please take time to rate 5/5. Thanks!

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #595362 - 04/01/02 09:18 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

very nice!
I also wonder what the potential for the rubber seal used on mediction containers..  talk to your friend, maby she has other ideas or "junk" :smile:

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Invisiblerebelmoon
enthusiast
    #600016 - 04/05/02 08:02 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

so how much are you gonna sell these super lids for once you get your batch of 5000? i would buy some as im sure others here would if the price is right... :smile:

--------------------
"habit is the ballast that chains the dog to its vomit" - s beckett

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Lids w/filter & external injection port (PIC) [Re: rebelmoon]
    #600260 - 04/06/02 12:38 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I suppose I might contact some existing vendor & see if she -- he -- they wanted to vend them. I have more fun tinkering & don't want the hassle of answering -- responding -- meeting shipping deadlines & doing the business of vending, as it is a heavy responcibility, if one does it right. LOL. Hell .............. I'm not in it for profit. It is just a hobby I enjoy. I suppose they would be priced around $2.50 to $2.75 ea. That would be about a 100% mark up over cost. Whatever is fair?

LOL, I am also working on one for autoclave bags. I have it figured out & am about to test a prototype. SixTango -- out

--------------------

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
    #705517 - 06/27/02 11:51 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

How has this turned out for you?

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Lids w/filter & external injection port (PIC) [Re: DinoMyc]
    #705590 - 06/27/02 12:26 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

It has come togather. Except I have been busy with other things. I havent tried to contact any vendors to see if they were willing to peddle them. But, sooner or later, as other priorities slow down, I will try to get around to it.

LOL, The mind wanders.

I wonder why no vendor has thought to try a combo of fine shredded wheat straw & dung at about a 70 -- 30 ratio, then pelletize (if thats a word -- meaning make into pellets).

It would not weigh all that much dry & not smell bad. Simple to sack & ship.

All a customer would have to do is order it, wet pasturize -- per directions , then spawn in a tub.

Hell, it could come with directions like baking a cake. So many cups dry equal -- so many quarts wet. Dependent on how big a batch you wanted to farm.

If something like that was available, it seems like there is a market for those who have trouble finding raw dung & straw bale sources.

Hmmmmm. I wonder what a machine that would make pellets like that would cost? Have to do some checking.

SixTango

--------------------

InvisibleBillyGrass

#706339 - 06/27/02 06:09 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Will the finished gallon lids (if any) be made of metal? There is the thought that rusting of the metal would sour the longevity of the injector sites and the filter.

Edited by BillyGrass (06/27/02 06:11 PM)

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Lids w/filter & external injection port (PIC) [Re: BillyGrass]
    #707142 - 06/28/02 04:50 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

The picture simply displayed lids that were used on a test basis. If these lids were produced on a large prodction scale, they would all be plastic.

But, there is a drawback w/plastic lids. Plastic lids are not always water or air tight, because they warp a tiny bit under extreme heat, and/or the threads are not an exact match for all type jars.

So, it takes a wrap or 2 of teflon pipe thread tape around the jar threads before the lid is screwed on, to insure they are -- in fact -- air & water tight -- when turned tight after being PD'ed.

Also an testing septum plugs that reseal for use on the lids. The trouble with those injection plugs is that you can only inject through them with a syringe about 50, maybe 60 times before they start to loose their reseal integrity. Nothing is perfect. But, one can try to make it that way, with enough tinkering & testing. But, at least you can pop a Septum plug out of the hole it rests in & stick in another with ease.

SixTango

--------------------

Offlinebumboclot
Stranger
    #707321 - 06/28/02 07:12 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

if you think about it it doesnt matter what you use, focus on the problem..even if you pick a material that can be injected through 600 time's its still 600 times,. so i would suggest a design that you could replace the injector site. it wouldnt be hard. you could get sdrew threas that have a lock nut at the top and you un screw the restraining ring to change it. if you want i could draw up what im talking about

OfflineOrbita6974
journeyman
Re: Lids w/filter & external injection port (PIC) [Re: bumboclot]
    #727089 - 07/06/02 06:08 PM (21 years, 8 months ago)

would you sell me some of those lids you made.....like 6 of them.....please

Offlinegoatywoaty
THing of thing

Loc: caught in the storm of en...
    #730881 - 07/08/02 07:34 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

6tango.

very nice work! im just a newb but your top looks very ingenious. keep up the good work!

--------------------
[real.eyes.realize.real.lies]
the only reality is the one you make of it, for in the end it becomes what it always was.

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Re: Lids w/filter & external injection port (PIC) [Re: goatywoaty]
    #731075 - 07/08/02 08:58 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Those were just a prototype. The Raccoon has now developed some with a medical grade injectionable septum plug -- & -- a cermic 0.02 micron filter plug -- both of which simply snap into holes predrilled in a plastic lid, cost less & quicker to put togather.

The Raccoon will post some pic's later. Right now working on micro shredded dry wheat straw & dry dung combo high pressure extruded into 1/4 inch diameter pellets -- for use as a real good -- quick -- easy -- cheap -- anybody can use -- & doesnt smell bad -- substrate (he hopes) .

SixTango

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#731248 - 07/08/02 10:05 AM (21 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

OfflineMycoInventor
Inventor
Re: Lids w/filter & external injection port [Re: SixTango]
    #780078 - 07/27/02 10:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You can purchase a lid like this from Micron Magick. It does not have a filter, but you could just drill a hole for the filter disk. It has a self-healing septum injector port. Its also made of all plastic and can withstand sterilization.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~
My capitate carpophore was so ellipsoid it made her sporulate!

Offlineshroomshaman
CHRONIC USER
Male
Loc: Darkside Of The Moon
    #811958 - 08/12/02 12:31 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Where can you purchase septum plugs?
any help will be appreciated

-shroomshaman

Edited by shroomshaman (08/13/02 07:57 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules