Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Continous spawning (1 jar to 4 straw jars, then that to 12 straw jars, so on)
    #5946512 - 08/09/06 03:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think I'm going to take one of the seven jars I have, using 6 to colonize 1 part substrate 4 parts straw and then mix them in a monotub and case, but the 7th, I'll take it. I'll take it after the colonizeing of the straw, and I colonize more straw, using the same ratio. I'll do it again and again, until I have so much substrate I can build a wagon with it (i dunno.. wouldn't you want a wagon with shrooms growing out of it? i know thats one of my life goals)

But forreal, I can turn 1 jar into a giant monotub, equal to the size of my other six jar monotub, just taking more time to colonize. It wouldn't matter about taking more time, because I'd have plenty of shrooms from my monotub to keep my busy while this process continues.

In theory, with some genetically nice mycelium, I could never have to make another jar again, just continually spawning. All I'd ever need would be casing layer and wheat straw (which is the easiest, cheapest supply that can be bought at your local agway for 6.25)

Will it work? My only worry is that the mycelium after a long time of continually spawning to more substrate, will just start fruiting.

Heres a visual for ya.

@ <thats a thing of substrate
; <thats some straw, obviously

@+; ; ; ; = @@@@@

@@@@@+ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; = @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

now take some @ and fruit it. take the remaining @ (thered be like this much= @@@@ and then mix it with ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; :wink: and make more. when done fruiting, take whatever amount of substrate you have exponentially created, and fruit that, leaving some behind to continue spawning.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Edited by beatnicknick (08/09/06 03:36 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Continous spawning (1 jar to 4 straw jars, then that to 12 straw jars, so on) [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5946615 - 08/09/06 05:21 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

No. You can make a couple of grain to grain transfers, but straw has a limited life, so straw to straw almost always fails.

Also, every organism can only divide cells so many times. You can't expand mycelium forever, no matter what the substrate.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: Continous spawning (1 jar to 4 straw jars, then that to 12 straw jars, so on) [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5948021 - 08/09/06 05:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Poop to poop? Maybe straw mixed with verm and brf? :pirate:

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag