Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineincogntio
disappearingthrough thesmoke rings ofmy mind

Loc: Canada
Report on first trip and dosage question for second
    #5942590 - 08/07/06 11:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I couple weeks ago I had my long anticipated first trip. My dealer informed me that a good first dose would be around 1.5g. I had extensively researched shrooms for many months beforehand and felt that I could probably handle a bit more as I (somewhat) knew what to expect, so the dealer and I agreed on 2g. On a Friday afternoon I procured 4g (I had a tripping partner, also his first time) of what I believe were cyanescens as they had wavy caps.

I bit of background now. I only had experience with alcohol and cannabis, and had extensively and thoroughly researched shrooms for at least a year prior. I would be tripping with my good friend, who I’ll call “Kelvin”(the same first letter of his name). Kelvin and I are best friends and had both experienced weed for the first time together too. We have a friendship closer any other I have seen, in a non-homosexual way. He had also only experienced alcohol and weed.

We go to my house and I grind up the mushrooms as best I can with the preconceived idea of dissolving them in lemonade, as I heard lemon juice potentates the trip. After grinding them it is clear that they will not be able to dissolve in the lemonade so I decide that we will eat them on crackers and peanut butter, just like firecrackers, except without the heating. It is worth noting that I had not had the foresight to ask my dealer to package the 4g separately into 2, 2g bags so I was forced to do it by eye, therefore our doses may have been slightly different.

We consumed our shrooms, which tasted much better than I had thought, and washed them down with the lemonade. Kelvin and I move a very heavy TV downstairs and we clean up the mess I had made preparing the mushrooms, as my mother would be home before we got back from our trip.

We then set off on our bikes, with much anticipation; to a local nature reserve where I had previously decided we would trip. We lock our bikes on the edge of the reserve and continue on foot. I hardly feel anything at this point but when I look at Kelvin’s face, it looks much different. His eyes look much bigger even though I can tell that they are not and he looks somewhat like on owl. I knew that there was nothing different about it but it’s like I perceived it differently.

As we continued walking to a spot I had previously chosen, we both note that colours seem more vibrant, as expected, and I notice faint trails when I move my hands. I hadn’t read of trails at that point and I found them, though very faint, quite amusing and waved my hands around a lot. We took a break to look at a beautiful hillside with vibrant green ferns on it and this is where I noted my first ever hallucination. I looked at a tree and the bark swirled, exactly like when you look at one of those spirals for 30 seconds then look at something else. After about a minute it stopped and we decided to go on our way.

We arrived at a stream with a bridge and I informed Kelvin that we were very near to my “spot”. We went off the trail, following the stream for 5 or 10 minutes till we were far from any trail. The banks of the river consisted of smooth, flat, oval, rocks: on average about an inch across and no more than a centimeter thick. I thought that these rocks looked beautiful the way they were arranged; they appeared to be in some sort of pattern. Kelvin noted that they looked like fish scales; this is probably the best way to describe it, because they all appeared to be going in one direction. I learned later that this is called patterning (I believe) but at the time I called them “stationary hallucinations”, even though I wasn’t seeing something that wasn’t there. The stream was rippling (literally, not an hallucination, you know when a stream is, for lack of a better word, “bumpy”) the light playing off these ripples was amazing and I just stared at it for a couple minutes.

Eventually we found a place we liked and sat down on the bank of the stream, where we would spend the rest of the trip. We talked about what we were feeling; we were both euphoric and content with our feelings of bliss.

Eventually, the euphoria wore off a bit and I started complaining that the shrooms didn’t do much for me. Kelvin kept on telling me that if I stopped complaining, it would feel better. Which, in hindsight, was pretty good advice. I do believe that Kelvin got a larger dose than me, which is entirely possible as I measured them by eye, but we also could have just reacted differently.

We just sat there for about half an hour and then lit up a couple bowls of cannabis, hoping it would make me feel more, but, alas, it didn’t. After awhile I closed my eyes and noticed I was having vivid CEVs. They were very colourful and interesting, when I mentioned this to Kelvin, he closed his eyes to see them and probably watched them for a good 20 minutes. I didn’t think they were anything special at the time, for some reason or another, so I generally just kept my eyes open and enjoyed the effects of the bud.

Nothing else noteworthy happened after this and we eventually went back to Kelvin’s house. I was left feeling happy but somewhat let down by the mildness of the trip. Looking back on it later, I do not know why this is because I had a great first trip full of some really cool things. Remembering the CEVs, they were really amazing, and I don’t know why I was so disinterested in them at the time.

As I said before, looking back, this was a truly wonderful experience, and I am quite happy with it. My problem was going in with too many expectations, which is hard not to do when you have been reading about and anticipating the trip for so long.

Now for the question:
As the trip was petering out, Kelvin and I both agreed that we could handle 4g next time and when I asked my dealer, he just smiled and said that we would trip balls. Do you guys think that this would be a good dosage? Keep in mind the effects I got from 2g, as I have heard of people getting knocked off their Asses at 2g, so either the shrooms were low quality, or Kelvin and I have a high natural tolerance or something. So would 4g be a good dose, and if not, what would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Edited by MrTambourineMan (08/07/06 11:49 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepapixx
trumz
Male User Gallery

Re: Report on first trip on dosage question for second [Re: incogntio]
    #5942639 - 08/07/06 11:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like a 2g trip. Try 3.5 next, I think you'll be fine, go somewhere else next time. Not that your first location was bad, infact, it sounded perfect, but just to try something different. I assume this was during the day? Try night next time. Looking at the clouds at night and the stars is when I had the greatest visuals ever.
Good read, thanks for posting!

--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

InvisibleLazyGnome
¬_¬
Male User Gallery

Loc: the layer cake
    #5942649 - 08/07/06 11:27 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I think you should try 3 grams, you don't even know how much you took last time. Mushrooms aren't like weed you cant spot check the weight.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, olny taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pcleas. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by ilstef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

"Everything that we know and understand comes down to perception, and by altering this perception we shake everything we know. All that you and I can know and understand is what we can see smell hear think touch and so on, and when something like mushrooms or salvia alters this steady perception, it can break reality permanently." - Dihnekis

Offlineincogntio

Re: Report on first trip on dosage question for second [Re: LazyGnome]
    #5942680 - 08/07/06 11:38 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the replies. I know it wasn't smart to dose by eye but I figured I probably would be off more than .2 or .3g since I knew the original weight and I was only splitting it into 2 (this was after it was more or less powder). I guess 3.5g would be good and I like buying in common quantities (1/4 oz. for 2 of us in this case). Maybe I'll try taking them at sunset so I peak when there's still some orange and purple in the sky and then finish peaking and come down at night, you think that would be good?

Offlinepapixx
trumz
Male User Gallery

#5942689 - 08/07/06 11:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MrTambourineMan said:
Maybe I'll try taking them at sunset so I peak when there's still some orange and purple in the sky and then finish peaking and come down at night, you think that would be good?

Yes, this will be excelent.  For my next trip, I will dose at this time aswell.  And I think you'll be good with 3.5. :cool:

--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

Offlineincogntio

Re: Report on first trip on dosage question for second [Re: papixx]
    #5942711 - 08/07/06 11:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

papixx said:
Quote:

MrTambourineMan said:
Maybe I'll try taking them at sunset so I peak when there's still some orange and purple in the sky and then finish peaking and come down at night, you think that would be good?

Yes, this will be excelent.  For my next trip, I will dose at this time aswell.  And I think you'll be good with 3.5. :cool:

Thanks for all the advice, now I'm really excited. My first time was actually late june but I haven't had a chance to do them since. I think I'll be doing them on saturday and now I can't wait. :grin:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order