Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

U.N. Conference On "Small Arms" Finally Ends
    #5940963 - 08/07/06 02:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Somewhat dated, but good news is good news :smile:

http://www.nraila.org/CurrentLegislation/Read.aspx?ID=2283

Quote:

Friday, July 07, 2006

The UN Small Arms Conference ended Friday in deadlock with no formal conclusions or recommendations. In the final analysis, the complexity of the issue and the concerns of hunters, sport shooters and firearms owners world-wide prevailed. No recommendations on ammunition, civilian possession or future UN meetings, or for that matter any other subjects, were adopted. The failure of this five-year program to impact the legitimate firearms industry, and the 2nd Amendment rights of U.S. citizens was total. Anti-gun NGOs and liberal governments served notice they would not give up and would present all of their issues to the UN General Assembly this fall. Thanks should be given to NRA Board members Bob Barr, David Keene and Jim Gilmore for their crucial participation in this significant victory.

With the “U.N. Conference to Review Progress Made in the Implementation of the Programme of Action to Prevent and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects” wrapping up today, here is a review of the past week’s events.

Day Nine
-- Friday, July 7, 2006

With the Conference ending today, NRA will continue to closely monitor and report on all developments.

America’s gun owners must continue to be vigilant and to take action on this front.  For additional information on the U.N.’s attempt to impose its anti-gun will on the U.S. and around the world, please visit www.NRAILA.org, where daily postings tracking the U.N. Conference can be found.  Also, please visit www.stopUNgunban.org, or call (800) 672-0636.  This site provides valuable information and an opportunity to order Wayne LaPierre’s new book The Global War On Your Guns.  The book spells out a chilling warning that gun owners in the United States and abroad must heed, and exposes a far-reaching scheme to pass a global ban on civilian ownership of arms--including YOURS!

Help stop the U.N.’s attempt to thwart our Freedom.  Please visit the site or call the toll-free number today!

Day Eight
-- Thursday, July 6, 2006

Diplomats continued to battle over key issues as the UN Small Arms Conference entered its next to last day.  Delegates again agreed to meet in an 8:00 PM evening session, with some saying that if agreement could not be reached the Conference would be deadlocked.  The concept of UN regulation of civilian firearms seems to refuse to die, even though the U.S. is adamantly holding the line on the issue.  The last hours of the Conference are looked upon as the most dangerous time by the NRA’s team, which is closely monitoring all developments. 

Day Seven
- Wednesday, July 5, 2006

The issue of UN regulation of civilian firearms raised its ugly head again at the UN Small Arms Conference today. The move was led by Mexico, Colombia and of all countries - Canada. Many observers were chagrined that the Canadian delegation would take such an anti-gun stand even though there is a new Conservative government in Ottawa. Canadian disarmament bureaucrats seem to be running the delegation. The U.S. held firm on the issue of civilian firearms. The meeting bogged down with little or no resolution of major issues and temporarily adjourned at 6:00 PM with an arrangement to come back at 8:00 PM and work into the night.

Day Six
- Monday, July 3, 2006

The UN Small Arms Conference ground into its sixth day with innumerable speeches and very little action. The President of the Conference, Ambassador Kariyawasam, from Sri Lanka, released another draft version of the Conference report.  The draft again pushes international regulation of ammunition and again proposes UN meetings on small arms up to and including 2012.  After substantial pressure from the NRA,  the Conference will not meet tomorrow, July 4!

Day Five
- Friday, June 30, 2006

The fifth day of the UN Small Arms Conference saw non-governmental organizations make statements to the meeting.  Mary Leigh Blek of the so-called "Million Mom March" made an emotional antigun speech to the delegates.  Pro-gun groups also made presentations.  Japan made an extensive presentation on gun destruction programs.  Other countries continued to push the idea of international regulation of ammunition and additional UN meetings until at least 2012.

Day Four
- Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day four of the UN Small Arms Conference had several highlights.  The Swiss Small Arms Survey (an antigun think tank) released its book supporting international regulation of ammunition.  Although the U.S. continues to strongly oppose the inclusion of ammunition in any Conference report, several countries insist on pushing the concept.  In another development, the President of the Conference appointed three "facilitators" to work on the text of the final report. The so-called facilitators are from Switzerland, Colombia and Japan.

Day Three
- Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A new draft of the UN "Small Arms" Conference "final" report became public on this third day of the meeting. Unfortunately, the draft contained provisions on two issues the U.S. considers "Red lines" and will not accept - a UN ban on transfer of arms to freedom fighters and international regulation of ammunition. The proposed document also calls for UN meetings on "small arms" up to and including another conference in 2012. The U.S. is opposed to these constant meetings which seem to rehash the same issues.
Day Two
- Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The UN "Small Arms" Conference entered its second day with more country statements being delivered to the delegates gathered in the General Assembly Chamber.

The highlight of today's meeting was the United States statement delivered by U.S. Under Secretary of State Robert Joseph. Joseph politely but forcefully gave the U.S. "red lines" - issues which the U.S. strongly opposes and will not allow into any Conference report or recommendations. These included interference with Americans' Right To Bear Arms, a UN ban on transfer of arms to freedom fighters and international regulation of ammunition. The U.S. also said it was not ready to commit to any future conferences on small arms.

There was a strong NRA presence with Executive Vice-President Wayne LaPierre, NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris Cox and NRA President Sandra Froman listening to the U.S. deliver its positions.

UN "Small Arms" Conference Opens
- Monday, June 26, 2006

The UN "Small Arms" Conference opened today. Antigun NGOs were out in force, but the NRA and other pro-gun rights organizations were also present.

The highlight of the day was when UN Secretary General Kofi Annan claimed that Conference's purpose was not to ban "law abiding citizens right to bear arms..." Annan even made a veiled reference to the NRA when he departed from his prepared text, turned to the President of the Conference, and said words to the effect he wanted to "...repeat this for those who don't understand or refuse to understand..." This was probably in response to the very effective NRA campaign to publicize the Conference. Regardless of Annan's statement, the topic of "regulation" of civilian possession still alive.

The U.S. will make its initial statement Tuesday afternoon.

More Information About The U.N. Conference On "Small Arms"

As we recently reported, the "U.N. Conference to Review Progress Made in the Implementation of the Programme of Action to Prevent and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspects," will begin Monday, June 26. The conference’s absurdly lengthy title tells you all you need to know -- this meeting is about "action to prevent and eradicate" your rights. And make no mistake, the U.N., fueled and financed by the likes of Rebecca Peters and George Soros, is trying to do just that (if you have any doubt about where Rebecca Peters stands on the issue of a U.N. sanctioned ban on your firearms, please view the video clips below of her publicly stating her views). But they’re in for a fight.

As CNN.com reported this week, conference chairman Prasad Kariyawasam has received more than 100,000 letters of complaint from Americans who want the U.N. to stay out of the business of regulating lawful gun ownership in the United States.

To learn how you can continue to fight the U.N.’s Global Gun Ban and save Your Right to Keep and Bear Arms, please visit www.stopUNgunban.org, or call (800) 672-0636. This site provides valuable information and an opportunity to order Wayne LaPierre’s new book The Global War On Your Guns. The book spells out a chilling warning that gun owners in the United States and abroad must heed, and exposes a far-reaching scheme to pass a global ban on civilian ownership of arms -- including YOURS!

Help stop the U.N.’s attempt to thwart our Freedom. Please visit the site or call the toll-free number today!

Click the links below to watch video of Rebecca Peters during a debate with NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre at Kings College in London.  To purchase a DVD of the entire debate visit http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product.aspx?productid=PB%2002311. 

Video links on host URL.

Congrats, USA, on maintaining the keystone of our soverignity for a few more years.

I'd also like to encourage people to stock up on guns and LOTS of ammo :smile:

--------------------
Unions are the bastions of the mediocre. - luvdemshrooms

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: U.N. Conference On "Small Arms" Finally Ends [Re: xDuckYouSuckerx]
    #5940990 - 08/07/06 02:37 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

John Bolton;
"If the U.N. secretary building in New York lost 10 stories, it wouldn't make a bit of difference. "

What a fucking waste of carbon atoms every one of those "diplomats" are.

--------------------

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: U.N. Conference On "Small Arms" Finally Ends [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5941059 - 08/07/06 03:03 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Are you agreeing with Bolton or disagreeing?

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #5941062 - 08/07/06 03:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Agree. I hate the antisemitic fuckers

--------------------

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: U.N. Conference On "Small Arms" Finally Ends [Re: zappaisgod]
    #5941082 - 08/07/06 03:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If only they were anti-Semetic, they'd like N. Korea sell some nukes to some raghead group and settle this once and for all.

--------------------

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5941091 - 08/07/06 03:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yay NRA, fuck you UN.

If you're not a lifetime member of the NRA, get on it.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: U.N. Conference On "Small Arms" Finally Ends [Re: daimyo]
    #5941097 - 08/07/06 03:15 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yup. Sadly the NRA is filled with Jew-lovers, but, gotta take the good with the bad. As long as I have my guns, I can deal with the Zionist threat at the appropriate time

--------------------

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #5941537 - 08/07/06 05:35 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xDuckYouSuckerx said:
As CNN.com reported this week, conference chairman Prasad Kariyawasam has received more than 100,000 letters of complaint from Americans who want the U.N. to stay out of the business of regulating lawful gun ownership in the United States.

:smile:

No surprise that the two other countries of the American Union spoke up. But Columbia wtf how are the crackheads going to get crack money without guns. :grin:

I buy atleast one case of Wolf everytime the gun show comes for every caliber i have :guns:

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: U.N. Conference On "Small Arms" Finally Ends [Re: buckwheat]
    #5942492 - 08/07/06 10:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If you are shooting steel Wolf ammo, stock on extractors too. AFOAF tore through five cases in his Bushmaster before the extractor FTE'd

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5942690 - 08/07/06 11:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I live in canada, my choices for guns are very limited. :frown:

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: U.N. Conference On "Small Arms" Finally Ends [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5943507 - 08/08/06 09:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Tell SilverSoul that, he seems to think that Canada respects our natural rights to own things that go bang.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5943522 - 08/08/06 09:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Most Canadians definitely look at Americans as gun nuts, but that is due to your 10,000 yearly gun murders. Even though 90% of those murders are probably done with unregistered, unlisted firearms. Law abiding citizens should be able to own which ever guns they like.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

OfflinexDuckYouSuckerx
xBannedx
 User Gallery

Re: U.N. Conference On "Small Arms" Finally Ends [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5943541 - 08/08/06 09:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

And if we deported all non-whites, we'd have less gun crime than canada

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5943575 - 08/08/06 10:06 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not exactly sure about that, we don't have many at all, but yes, your numbers would drop significantly.

--------------------
Capliberty:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order