Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblespecial_k
Ketamine is myLSD

Loc: TX
psychedelic clinics
    #5930684 - 08/04/06 07:49 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

If there existed psychedelic clinics that offered psychedelic experimentation with dmt, lsd, mescaline, ketamine, and shrooms, would they satisify your psychedelic urges?

These clinics would be privately owned and regulated by the government. Before taking anything, everyone must undergo a screening process to identify people that may react badly to these drugs. Beginners and those that would react badly are watched by trained professional.

At these clinics there could be several different envirnments like dark rooms, psychedelic themed rooms, outdoor gardens, and what ever the imagination can come up with. Each person must wait a month between each session.

I am always on both sides of the legality issue and always try to find some happy medium. I think it would be a little difficult for people to argue against people doing something they would do anyways in a safe environment. This would also equal money for the government.

I know that this probably won't happen but whats your input?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEmperorKuzco
somewhatfamiliar

Re: psychedelic clinics [Re: special_k]
    #5930704 - 08/04/06 07:56 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I think its a great Idea, though I would be less likely to visit one run by the government.  I think federal money should fund most of it, but I think it would be better to have a non-profit group run the show.

I like your idea of a happy medium, as it would be a nice intermidiary between fully illegal and fully legal.

Welcome to the Shroomery by the way. :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

#5930714 - 08/04/06 08:04 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
    #5931790 - 08/04/06 03:15 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

special_k said:
If there existed psychedelic clinics that offered psychedelic experimentation with dmt, lsd, mescaline, ketamine, and shrooms, would they satisify your psychedelic urges?

These clinics would be privately owned and regulated by the government. Before taking anything, everyone must undergo a screening process to identify people that may react badly to these drugs. Beginners and those that would react badly are watched by trained professional.

At these clinics there could be several different envirnments like dark rooms, psychedelic themed rooms, outdoor gardens, and what ever the imagination can come up with. Each person must wait a month between each session.

I am always on both sides of the legality issue and always try to find some happy medium. I think it would be a little difficult for people to argue against people doing something they would do anyways in a safe environment. This would also equal money for the government.

I know that this probably won't happen but whats your input?

I think that's horribly nerfed. WATCHED without your consent? a screening process? MUST wait
a month? Why is the only way to have society sanction psychedelic use (why would THIS
society do a thing like that?) to wrap it in so much bubble wrap that it's useless?

I don't think a regulated society can handle psychedelic drugs at all. An institution like the
one you're talking about, implemented as the ONLY WAY to use psychedelic drugs, would
completely take the effectiveness out of the drugs. There would be illegal users who use the
drugs for their own explorations, and then there would be your institutional users who
would use them for a certified medically-stamped "spiritual experience" that in no way
would measure up to the real thing.

Stan Grof had a good idea, though. His plan was to have institutions for psychedelic use in a
psychotherapeutic context, with your own psychotherapist for the duration of the trip.
That's the only oversight I would imagine being effective: someone who is genuinely
interested in making sure the patient get the most out of the drug, as opposed to making
sure they don't freak out and break something and ruin the gov't grant.

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Offlineloopin20
Stranger
Female
Re: psychedelic clinics [Re: BloodNOil]
    #5931805 - 08/04/06 03:18 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

ed

Edited by loopin20 (08/04/06 08:32 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag