Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Who is the family?
    #5929298 - 08/03/06 06:00 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Ok, I know this may sound like a stupid question.. but who is the family? I've heard them referred to multiple times on here, but I've never been able to quite piece it together. Who are they, what did they do? I know they have something to do with acid, but thats it. Anyone who doesn't mind enlightening me (you can even mock my ignorance!  :grin:).

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Who is the family? [Re: wiggles]
    #5929316 - 08/03/06 06:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i luv your avatar...

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: Who is the family? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #5929321 - 08/03/06 06:10 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I always just thought of it in terms of the mafia. The family who makes and distributes LSD?

I have no idea though..

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Who is the family? [Re: Phishe]
    #5929328 - 08/03/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I dunno... I've heard people say they believe in peace and love, and spreading it. It gave me the vibe that they made LSD. Either way, they seem like good people. I just wish I knew if I was right or wrong with my assumptions :smile:

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
    #5929336 - 08/03/06 06:15 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Perhaps Timothy Leary was part of this "family".

OfflineAislingGheal
A wave on the ocean
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Northern Ohio
    #5929363 - 08/03/06 06:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You should check out posts by chinacat72, especially the "Thumbprint" thread. He is probably the most knowledgeable member here and could best answer your question. I would like to hear more about them myself.

--------------------

"I hate having to pick between the lesser of two evils. But I'm glad Obama was elected. McCain was another war monger. I'd rather deal with our country going into debt than trying to take on afghanistan...oh wait FUCK!" - Fungus_tao

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Who is the family? [Re: Phishe]
    #5929384 - 08/03/06 06:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The family is a collection of the people capable of making the highest quality lsd. It is indeed an extended family filled with friends of friends of friends. The idea is that if you have family acid, the lsd is close to the source. Not everyone in the family makes acid. Its a loose term.

It was a populare term used for ages at dead shows and even phish shows.
SOmetimes it means nothing. People sometimes say that because they want you to buy high priced acid that is low dose, impure (or just not acid). Family acid is a loose term now adays, and if it means anything it ideally means good pure acid made by those who are best at it. You could say that the source of the lsd is a family, and almost mafia-like. A mafia that spreads large amounts of good lsd (not violence)...........

Family is a very hippy term, and thats why its meaning varies so much. I have met people who did indeed have great high dose lsd, but used the term family in a way that simply meant that its close to the music tour, the travling family if you will(a family that holds lsd dear, and are "holding" the best of the best).
Or an "everybody knows how good this stuff is" kind of thing.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (08/03/06 06:34 PM)

Offlinetocuhe
spiritfingers
Re: Who is the family? [Re: yageman]
    #5929600 - 08/03/06 07:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

There are many uses of the word family. The family you are speaking of is definitly connected to acid. Quotes from Chinacat about the family...

"First I will briefly discuss the people or family as there called so you can get an appreciation for what they do and have done. The family is motivated to spread LSD because we believe that LSD is a key givin to us from above. LSD was givin to man from god to help him see the error of his ways. Why do you think it was discovered during the most horrible time in history. It is the antidote for the atomic bomb. It`s doesn`t matter if you beleive this or not ,because what i`m trying to express is how deeply important the family feels about the sacred value of LSD. Those who are at the upper level`s of the family will gladly sacrifice there lifes and freedom to do this work.

LSD isn`t moved and sold like the cartel`s move coke and such. It`s handled by a brotherhood of people who truelly believe there doing the work of god(or whatever name you call creation). We believe that LSD crystal has to be handled by the right people who are totally commited to the movement.
When we moved crystal there was always the feeling that we were protected by a higher power. I can`t tell you how many times i have had crystal or acid on me or my brothers and have been in situation`s where we should have gotten busted and something always protected us.So many times that coincidence is not an option. Why do i think we were protected. Because the family does it for mankind not money. We viewed LSD as the only hope for the radical change in conciousness that would save us. So in effect we viewed are work as the work of God. You know why they never busted a family lab? Because we would never betray LSD. Just as Jesus was nailed to the cross we were willing to spend the rest of our lives in jail or die to protect what we viewed as the salvation of are species. Sound`s a little dramatic doesn`t it, but i`m trying to give you an understanding of the faith in LSD that the family has.
By the way the Kansas bust was not a family lab incase anybody is wondering.
The point i`m trying to make is the family believes LSD has to move through the right hands. This is why you can`t go down to the corner and get a gram of crystal.
sorry to ramble. As far as your original question. LSD will always be around.
As some of the cooks retire i rest assure you that they pass there recipes and secret`s down to those chosen to continue to fight the good fight.
I don`t think it will ever be as redily available all over the country as it once was due to the break up of the disribution cycle of tour. I could be wrong and hope i am.
Alot of old family have moved on and including myself retired, feeling we served our time
The family does hear your cry`s for more acid and they don`t plan on giving up on mankind. Nows a good time for labs to be inactive. the current goverment administration is viewed as a bad storm that needs to pass
as jerry sang "all good things in all good time"
Keep the faith "

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1287892/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1

Now the term family came reference many other things, such as "dead family" can be all of the people who saw the dead or dig the dead feeling something connecting them together. or rainbow family , like everyone who goes to rainbow gatherings is part of a big extended family. Family (acid) can definitly be a sales pitch, but the real family is still out there doing the good. Mainly they are higher up right now and it is corrupt on the way down, but not the less , dont worry and "keep the faith"

--------------------
sometimes you can get shown the light
in the strangest of places
if you look at it right

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Who is the family? [Re: tocuhe]
    #5929636 - 08/03/06 08:05 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That is abesolutely amazing.. somehow I kind of figured that is what it meant... or what it was. At least that's what I was hoping. Whoever they are, thanks. :smile:

--------------------

Hunter S. Thompson

Invisible8374837
a fun guy

Loc: the dark side of the moon
    #5929758 - 08/03/06 08:50 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

this just makes me smile.

--------------------
"There are three side effects of acid: enhanced long-term memory, decreased short-term memory, and I forget the third."-the man in the middle

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Who is the family? [Re: 8374837]
    #5930045 - 08/03/06 11:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

8374837 said:
this just makes me smile.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineva_shroomer
Beginning grower
Male

Loc: Charlottesville
Re: Who is the family? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5930115 - 08/03/06 11:43 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I realllllly like your avatar. It's hypnotic, I swear . . .

--------------------
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
Love is the law, love under will
--Frater Baphomet

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Who is the family? [Re: va_shroomer]
    #5930118 - 08/03/06 11:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Me or wiggles?

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Loc: Wal-Merica
Re: Who is the family? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #5930125 - 08/03/06 11:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng1 said:
i luv your avatar...

sorry to stray, but you'll notice that its not even the chicks own hand that is jiggling the tittie. i guess she had to get outside help the handle those cannons:)

--------------------

xxx..Learn Something..xxx

Offlinepapixx
trumz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Who is the family? [Re: Omnicracker]
    #5930146 - 08/04/06 12:04 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Cool thread, good read. INTERESTING stuff.....

--------------------
''Nothing lasts but nothing is lost''

OfflineEdgekrusher
God
Re: Who is the family? [Re: papixx]
    #5930171 - 08/04/06 12:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If you wander around a festival you're sure to run into "family." Although acid is the specialty I've been around family members who will push anything for profit.

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Loc: Canada (not really)
Re: Who is the family? [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5930487 - 08/04/06 04:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Three words.....I love phluff.

--------------------
"Don't Steal. The government hates competition!!"

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Who is the family? [Re: phungi]
    #5931537 - 08/04/06 01:54 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

keep in mind if you're at a festival everyone is going to tell you they're "family" and they have "family fluff" or some other bullshit. don't let it confuse you.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder