Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Loc: mexicoelcentrodelconocimi...
Trusted Identifier
close look to the mexicana field
    #5918253 - 07/31/06 11:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

hello all remenber logn time ago i found my first mexicana almost 6 year ago by then was rare, not a very commond mushrooms but today i reconise his habitad , and have found 6 locations more stiill no a comond mushrooms to find and in the only field i have seen the more amazing iss where some mutand form this are big mexicana , not the small anoes is found else where and some of us think is a variation of the specie well some pictures:

in this picture you can see the big ones those are the variation
and the usual is to find more small ones
more

some spore less variety

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineENOONE
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: sweden
Re: close look to the mexicana field [Re: cactu]
    #5918286 - 07/31/06 11:31 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

nice pics cactu!!!

--------------------
trollskog

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: close look to the mexicana field [Re: ENOONE]
    #5918351 - 07/31/06 11:54 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

NIce images Cactu,

Actually the mushroom is not rare, buit as I have noted many times, shrooms will grow two to three years in a given spot and then come back only if cattle are used int he fields allthe time. Some get moved form field to field or paddock to paddock and this changes growth parameters greatly. In woodchipped areas, usually iif the mulch is not refurbished every three years or so the shrooms disappear entirely due to overgrowth and lack of nutrients. Many times here int eh PNW, mulch is changed according to what is available at the time it is ordered so many cyanescens patches disappear after two to three yeas or some are picked by people not using scissors to cut muclh shrooms formtheir habitats without destroying the mulch and the underground mycelia. This does not happen to shrooms which grow in manured soil attached to roots of wild grasses and never growing form manure.

mj

A great scor for you.

See you in Mexico nextr summer.

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: close look to the mexicana field [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5918437 - 07/31/06 12:29 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

hello mj did you recive my emails hope soo , i´m sending something to you hope it make it before you go , well we used to have a good field then it was destroy by the owner and put agave plant for making tequila and it been 4 years and catle been introduce but no horses and no sight of mexicana yet and in a corn field is the same also they put fumgiside,herbicide to the soil that destroy all in the ecosisten we4ll is no very commkon as cubensis and paneolus , and i have not find field like this before in all the location i have found mexicana never find much 10 is a big score and are small , not like the ownes in the corn field those huge and prolific, also never find in the corn field cause they use all that funguside and destroy the earth maybe in others state is more commond but no here in jalisco and i not consider rare as villarealii and laurae , laurae is prety hard to find , as galindi, aztecorum, carulenses here in jalisco but they are out there and i have not look in all the forest so i have only study 40% of jalisco territory , hope to find more and more see you next year my friend

--------------------

cuando una rafaga del pensamiento nos pasa  al lado se puede sentir  que valio  la pena  haber vivido, y cuando ese pensamiento se  convierte en sueño no paramos de soñar hasta realizarlo

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5918623 - 07/31/06 01:50 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet finds. I like the sporeless one.. :biggrin:

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineFrappy
Strange

Loc: South Florida
Re: close look to the mexicana field [Re: eris]
    #5920269 - 07/31/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Wow, thats certainly a nice find! Good job!

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #5920822 - 08/01/06 01:49 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

hey compa hay muchos pajaritos aca en colima tambien, y cada vez que los encuentro estan mas grandes asi como los que tienes en la foto chale estan bien fuertes. encontre unos hongos nuevos pero tengo que tomarles fotos para que me digan que son

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #5921290 - 08/01/06 09:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Hello Cactu, well I have not rece3ived any mail yet except the iamges you sent to me in email. But no Postal yet. Look forward to it. I will get you copy of my book to you in a few days or so. Getting ready for Thailand and cambodian trip. Will post the iamges at the site after I come home in late September or October,.\

mj

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
Re: close look to the mexicana field [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5972532 - 08/17/06 11:10 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

hello there is more we have a nice week lot of rain and today seem to take a break,i guees la canicula is coming is a period where there is no rain for some weeks, well hongosto is here is the best moth to find lot of all kind some piece of magic for your eyes:

some mexicana are getting very big a guees is a mutation thet will rise a new varyety in a few years mushrooms are evolving and this one have some slight diferent caracteristics like the more fat stem and with white fibrils in the stem the usual mexicana are more or a redish colorr the stem with no white fibrils or only in the base well take alook:

is this picture you can see this specimen and the other regular mexicana note the stem the big size and the color of the stem if you can zoom you can see the fibrils in the stem look :

mexicana usually fruit alone, or gregarius,in groups is rare here are some cespitosic or grow in cluster:

this time of the year hongosto(august) is easy to find paneolus and mexicana in the same field:

cubensis and paneolus are not so prolofic in thi area as mexicana but some are find in the way here anothers that grow very close to each others:

--------------------

Invisiblecactu
culture and magic
Male

Trusted Identifier
    #5983809 - 08/21/06 12:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

hello all is sad to look how this seasom is going to decrease now on , is been an amazing seasom , but is comming to a end is next moth and maybe september for the mexicana if a hurricane come by , the flushes are not so prolific but here are some that dare dry conditions :

a closer loook of the spore print in the leave:

--------------------

Invisiblepsiclops
# 1
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #5983835 - 08/21/06 01:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

ineresante!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds