Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs?
    #5914236 - 07/30/06 06:15 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

im not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but i thought it was worth a shot. anyway, ive noticed a lot of weed smokers are very hostile towards people who are intolerant of their habbit and yet they often behave the exact same way toward people who use so called "harder" drugs like cocaine or methamphetamine. this makes me wonder, if you use one drug yourself, do you really have any right to say anything about someone elses drug use? i mean obviously if the other persons drug use is clearly having substantial negative affects its a different story but im talking about stoners who instantly look down on someone when they find out they are a user of cocaine or some other "evil" drug and refuse to associate with them. to me it seems like its not the drug you use but the way you use thats more important. for instance, its quite possible for a cocaine user to use cocaine in a way that is less harmful than someone who uses marijuana excessively. ive known people who really messed themselves by smoking marijuana, in fact one of my friends had to drop out of college because all he did was smoke weed all day and rarely studied or went to class. in short, to me it seems stupid to classify marijuana as good and other drugs as evil but this seems to be quite a common mindset among marijuana smokers. if these people find out that someone smokes weed, then thats ok but if they do anything else, then its not ok. is this a valid viewpoint or is it hypocritical?

Edited by porcupine (07/30/06 06:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: porcupine]
    #5914246 - 07/30/06 06:20 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think it's a good idea to be intolerant of anyone. However, I think it's perfectly legitimate for a drug user to be concerned about someone else's drug habits. I'm not one to judge the moral character of someone for using a substance that I'd prefer not to use. However, if I saw a friend of mine becoming addicted, I would pressure them to seek help, and I would expect them to do the same for me.

--------------------

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: Silversoul]
    #5914260 - 07/30/06 06:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i agree with that but what im saying is it right to be concerned about someone JUST because they are using a certain drug, say cocaine but not if they're using another drug like marijuana? in other words, some stoners seem to hate it when people tell them they shouldn't smoke marijuana but then they go and do the same thing to people who use cocaine.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: porcupine]
    #5914310 - 07/30/06 07:04 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Usually, if I find out someone does some "hard drug," my advice to them is "be careful with that shit." I don't consider it my place to tell them what they can and can't put in their bodies. I merely advise them to exercise caution.

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #5914423 - 07/30/06 08:36 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I don't have a problem with tweakers or crack hos as long as they stay away from my property or my person. Many of them are thieves to support their nasty habits. Also, I don't like to watch them smack their lips 100x a minute. Stick a pacifier in them suckers please.

Now potheads, they cool. Just watch them around your snacks.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #5914529 - 07/30/06 09:46 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I more apt to be impartial to bud smokers verses tweakers and coke heads due to the fact those of the latter has the potential risk of drug overdose, they have more of potential risk to destroy a persons life,

Bud can be negative too, and if one is trying to pursue intellectual endeavors then it might not be a good path to follow altogether, personally I like other methodes in smoking ganga,

One method I prefer is turning my bud into pure organic hash, when you hit hash you always get the cleaner more hyoctaine type hits, its a cleaner and more effective hitten approach, you receive a strong and more consentrated swell of smoke. I think long term potheads becomes somewhat counterproductive no matter what, because the bud does have its neutralizing effect, so more efficent and cutting edge way to produce the desired result is always good to keep in mind

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #5914537 - 07/30/06 09:51 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
I don't have a problem with tweakers or crack hos as long as they stay away from my property or my person.  Many of them are thieves to support their nasty habits.  Also, I don't like to watch them smack their lips 100x a minute.  Stick a pacifier in them suckers please.

Now potheads, they cool.  Just watch them around your snacks.

thats funny stuff :cool:
That sums up what I think also. :thumbup:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #5914715 - 07/30/06 11:28 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

From my shoes as a long-time addictions counselor in Miami, the cocaine trade is a bloody trail. If you're using cocaine, you're saying yes to organized murder, exploitation of desperate people and a very real opportunity for soul-killing addiction. You're saying yes to violence on many levels including violence to your own mind-body. My prescription drugs are drugs - they keep me in a state of health. Cocaine outside legitimate medical application is almost always detrimental in the long run, and I'm not into more violence on Earth.

Methedrine is another runaway train. It's a quick trip to amphetamine-induced psychosis. It's not a Ritalin or an Adderal or a Dexedrine high. Hell, I learned a whole sememster of calculus in 19 hours on physician-prescribed Dexedrine and passed the course! You can't do that by tweaking - usually just repetative tasks or cleaning or taking things apart, but no real creativity.

In both cases it's like running a 110 volt appliance on 220 volts - twice as fast for half as long, then burnout. Both drugs increase psychotic breaks, usually of a dangerous paranoid type.

I've watched friends die for 30+ years on depressant drugs and heroin. My favorite cousin vanished for 32 years then phoned me out of the blue one day. We had two phone conversations and then word came that he ODed on heroin. For 30 years he'd been living around the globe where he could get cheap smack. 19th century authors might have been creative on opium (Coleridge, DeQuincy, Poe perhaps, etc.) but I'm not gonna welcome a junkie into my home, or a coke head, or a tweaker.

Now, have people used Cannabis for the sake of levity at my home, have they taken an Empathogen and connected with each other, or have they taken an Entheogen and connected with the Sacred? Yes to all three. All chemicals that exhibit psychoactive effects are "drugs" but all psychoactives are not keys to higher human consciousness, to Freedom, to Liberation/Enlightenment. Some drugs are about bondage/slavery/madness no matter what one's rationale is for using them. They also incur a karmic penalty for condoning the violence with which they are involved. So that is my perspective. I seek Light and Liberation and Life not darkness, dependency and death.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #5914894 - 07/30/06 12:51 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

the current situation with cocaine makes it an absolutely insidious drug, i don't see how one could look at situations like favelas in Rio and see otherwise.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5914952 - 07/30/06 01:11 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

well, once you've spent a lot of time around drug people, you realize that you are about 100x more likely to get jacked by a junkie/tweaker than a pothead...

seriously, I've never had potheads or psychedelic users jack me or steal my car stereo, but its happened many times with coke/heroin/meth users.

if these people could get by without robbing, lying, stealing, breaking and entering, then I wouldn't have a problem with them at all,

but its happened so many times to me that I have this predjudice which unfortunately is well-based in fact and real-world expirience.

but hey, don't take my word for it. Hand out with hard drug users, trust them with your money, and find out for yourself.

one of the worst things about hard drugs is that they can turn an otherwise good person into a lying, backstabbing thief in a very short time. So its like you've known someone for years, trust them, and then within a month of being on the hard shit, they are casing your house and taking your money to go get a bag and then they never come back... Its like when people get into the wrong shit you just can't trust them anymore... even if they were really good people before they started... that shit just changes people.

not to mention hard drugs attract more attention from the police. I mean, they really don't care about pot, but if you've got a bunch of tweakers comin over then it WILL raise eyebrows...

finally, you have to realize that people dumb enough to get involved deep with hard shit are very likely to overdose or otherwise cause drama in your life if you allow them around you... I mean, its not that I judge people for doing what they want to with their life, but the second they start bringing that shit into my life I feel I have the right to put up a boundary and be like: "Look, do whatever you want in your own space, but I really don't want that shit aroiund me..." Seriously, have you ever had to drive an ODing person to the hospital? What if they die in your house and you have to deal with a fucking corpse in your living room? Just this past year, two of my junkie friends died and had to be brought back with shock paddles... I'm just glad I wasn't there to have to deal with that shit.

I guess the crux of the matter is that hard drug users often let their personal problems spill over to those around them, and thats not fair. I'm not getting high off that smack or whatever, why should I have to deal with the consequences from some other person's party?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5915009 - 07/30/06 01:34 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
one of the worst things about hard drugs is that they can turn an otherwise good person into a lying, backstabbing thief in a very short time.

Or, rather, the thing about hard drugs is that the person who uses them transforms themself into a lying, backstabbing thief in a very short time. The fact that you decide to start taking drugs does not absolve oneself of one's own responsibility for one's actions.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineFractalated
There's no onehome up there...

Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5915019 - 07/30/06 01:36 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quite so.

--------------------
"Now that the principalities and the powers stockpile weapons of mass destruction, contaminate the earth with their feverish industry, release floods of images to trigger insatiable desires, treat animals and humans as commodities and functions of a market, the devil must be grinning from ear to ear."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: Fractalated]
    #5915028 - 07/30/06 01:40 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I'd have to imagine that developing an addiction to hard drugs would create a situation in which one is forced to make a decision, and their desire for more hard drugs will make it harder for them to make that decision - but it is their decision nonetheless.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineFractalated

Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5915048 - 07/30/06 01:47 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Don't be silly! Everyone knows that people don't take drugs, drugs take people. Once a drug starts taking you, then you're screwed. You don't have any free will anymore and so anything that you do is to be blamed completely on the drug and not in the least on you.

:grin: :wink:

--------------------
"Now that the principalities and the powers stockpile weapons of mass destruction, contaminate the earth with their feverish industry, release floods of images to trigger insatiable desires, treat animals and humans as commodities and functions of a market, the devil must be grinning from ear to ear."

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: Fractalated]
    #5915070 - 07/30/06 01:55 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't be silly, but its that damned pot. :mad: Makes me laugh! :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineFractalated

#5915073 - 07/30/06 01:57 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sounds awful!

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #5915420 - 07/30/06 04:03 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I wasn't trying to imply that it was the drug's fault

but I do acknowledge that the use of hard drugs increases the likelyhood that the user will make a bad choice.

I mean, I've been through just about every kind of withdrawl you can imagine, and its tough! Most people don't have the willpower to grin and bear it- they would almost rather steal from their best friend than simply endure the emotional, mental, and physical effects of withdrawl.

Thats why I made the decision a long time ago not to allow hard drugs or their users into my life. I really don't think I've missed out on much by excluding myself from these people's company. Even if its a good friend, I'll just be like: "Oh, so THATS what you're into now? Well, there's the fuckin door. Come back when you're free and clear."

BTW, FWG, I seriously doubt your doe-eyed rich boy ass has ever even seen the inside of a crackhouse, so I seriously doubt you would know what a user deep in the hole goes through. It is possible to lose control of oneself when screwing around with dangerous chemicals. I've seen completely non-violent hippies turn rabid by withdrawl, its actually kind of funny watching some kid who's never been in a fight try to jack someone. funny and sad at the same time.

Just wait until all your little raver friends switch from ecstacy to meth, you're not old enough yet, but you'll see it soon enough, believe me.

Sure, someone can dabble in meth or whatever and not get sucked in, but once that person has made the choice to make that drug a permanent fixture in their life, it really is only a matter of time until they start pulling shady shit- unless of course they are just independantly wealthy. Still, I've seen rich meth heads burn through a large inheritance real quick and end up no better off than the toothless joe crackhead on every urban street corner.

of course, this is all just my expirience. 10 years of ghetto underworld expirience, and believe me, I've seen it all. Seriously in my town crackheads sneak underneath buildings at night and steal all the copper piping from buildings so they can sell it for scrap metal. I know your understanding of this shit is detached like you read about it and hear about it, but I fuckin SEE that shit right in front of me every day. I mean, I have a degree in psych and have done a bit of social work in urban centers. There's a big difference between a textbook understanding and a real world understanding.

I've literally had to lock homeboys up in a room, slip food under the door for a WEEK, and the whole time they are crying and screaming like a fucking animal. Its as if all humanity has been erased from their minds and they have been reduced to the level of an animal. You really don't know what its like until you've seen it- a grown man pouring sweat, puking up everything, crying like a baby, and he fuckin looks like a corpse- AND YET HE STILL WANTS TO CONTINUE USING. Even though its obviously the last thing he needs. Thats what hard drugs do to people who aren't really careful and intelligent, which is most people, IME

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5915528 - 07/30/06 04:26 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
BTW, FWG, I seriously doubt your doe-eyed rich boy ass has ever even seen the inside of a  crackhouse, so I seriously doubt you would know what a user deep in the hole goes through.

Yo nigga, it ain't like that, nah nah, I from the ghetto, foo'. I makes the crack, bitch!

:lol:

I've never encountered anyone who would automatically assume that someone else is rich with no basis. :smirk:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineRRRR
Rapture Ready

Folding@home Statistics
    #5915553 - 07/30/06 04:32 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Must be the fish tank. Definitely the fish tank :lol:

--------------------
Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation; nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you." Luke 17:20-21 (New King James Version)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Do you think drug users have the right to be intolerant of people who use other drugs? [Re: RRRR]
    #5915562 - 07/30/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Please, I got it from Wal*Mart. :smirk:

No, wait, that isn't a fish tank, its a meth lab. :lol:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order