Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineExecutionStyle
Entheo
Male

Loc: Fruiting Chamber
Humidification of Fruiting Tray
    #5908766 - 07/28/06 12:04 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Ok I'm going to be growing for my first time. I'm on a tight budget but I've already got my supplies needed. First off, I'm using the Shroom Wizards tek. OK OK stop right there, I've done my share of reading the many threads bashing his method. Please you don't need to reiterate. Foolishly I already purchased the supplies for his method. So I'm trying to evolve his method using tips from the PF tek. Though I'm lacking a major factor, the aquarium. Yes, I'm using the cheap-o trays from walmart. I'm trying to evolve the method inwhich I will keep the fruiting tray humidified.

First off, I live in a dry climate. So during the time when I open the tray to refresh the air I will loose alot of moisture. So I was thinking of rigging some sort of tube from my croc pot to the tray. This would feed the environment large amounts of moisture in the form of steam, but that would make the environment to hot for the mushrooms to grow... So does any one have any ideas on how I could cool the steam, or maybe just another method to humidify? I lack the budget to go get much more equipment.

--------------------
"We can only be what we give ourselves the power to be."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDrugFreeMan
Oh Yes, theMushies
Male User Gallery

Re: Humidification of Fruiting Tray [Re: ExecutionStyle]
    #5908780 - 07/28/06 12:12 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Perilite or a humidifier... Perilite would be the cheaper way to go and is a good bit less work than a humidifier

Look at your local goodwill for a humidifier or and aquarium or ask some friends.. you'll be suprised how much random supplies people have sittin around their house

Edited by DrugFreeMan (07/28/06 12:13 PM)

OfflineExecutionStyle
Entheo
Male

Loc: Fruiting Chamber
Re: Humidification of Fruiting Tray [Re: DrugFreeMan]
    #5908786 - 07/28/06 12:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks much for the advice. I will definitley look for the perlite, but wont the perlit only hold water on the surface? Will it actually help the water in the air?

--------------------
"We can only be what we give ourselves the power to be."

InvisibleDrugFreeMan
Oh Yes, theMushies
Male User Gallery

Re: Humidification of Fruiting Tray [Re: ExecutionStyle]
    #5910244 - 07/28/06 09:54 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It'll keep the humidity up just like a humidifier.. you can pick it up at your local lowes or home depot.. prob even wal-mart.. Just search through the site and you'll find plenty of people that use this tek..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck