Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
'LSD makes you dumb'
    #5907447 - 07/27/06 11:46 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

So today, i was hanging out with some friends when a friend makes a statement about acid. He says 'you know, I just found out that acid makes you dumb, I never knew that.' Well this got me arguing that this doesn't really happen. No one would really agree with me and another one brought up that he was "sure it kills brain cells".

Anyone want to back me up that this is not true? Or it is not as extreme as they think...

Also the friend that brought this up has tried acid.

I know that LSD is dangerous and a risk on the mind, but i would have never thought in this way.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechris92346
Stranger
Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: Phishe]
    #5907514 - 07/28/06 12:07 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Just throw it back at him... ask him to back his shit up and show you some research... don't just accept what a friend of a friend said.

InvisibleMushouse
Mycomancer

Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: chris92346]
    #5907527 - 07/28/06 12:13 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Ask them to tell their DARE officers that I said "hi."

Edited by Mushouse (07/28/06 12:29 AM)

Offlineanonymous123
Peope AreStrange
Male

Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: Mushouse]
    #5907547 - 07/28/06 12:22 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

what i hate most about DARE is that they go to schools and talk to kids and the kids are like thanks so much for telling me the danger of drugs. 5 years later the kids are experimenting with drugs, which i think is a part of life, and DARE thinks they actually did something.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: anonymous123]
    #5907902 - 07/28/06 03:16 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I gurantee it doesn't make you dumb.
unfortunately some people actually are dumb to begin with, I mean we all fluctuate a bit.
But I am often astonished at how extensive this can be.
it can't really be helped:
Really dumb people can still be functional and even enjoy flashes of mental brilliance!
(I know that sounds ridiculous but even dogs occasionally glow with cleverness and mental energy)
we just have to be nice, and include them without worrying about the consistency of their capacity to decode meaning.

and that is the absolute most elitist thing I will say ever.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5907918 - 07/28/06 03:30 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
I gurantee it doesn't make you dumb.
unfortunately some people actually are dumb to begin with, I mean we all fluctuate a bit.
But I am often astonished at how extensive this can be.
it can't really be helped:
Really dumb people can still be functional and even enjoy flashes of mental brilliance!
(I know that sounds ridiculous but even dogs occasionally glow with cleverness and mental energy)
we just have to be nice, and include them without worrying about the consistency of their capacity to decode meaning.

and that is the absolute most elitist thing I will say ever.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: DeathCompany]
    #5910445 - 07/28/06 10:43 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I heard that it can turn you into a bottle of OJ too. Dis one time i ate some trips man and I saw like Mario running around tellin me to go kill my parents... it was CRAZY FOOL!

(just kidding)

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #5944324 - 08/08/06 02:29 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Actually, it's the opposite....I've found that I learn more, grow more, advance more.....get SMARTER thanks to LSD. Some people are so indoctrinated by the anti-drug hysteria lies that they'll never listen, even when you present them with hard evidence. I've always found it baffling & sad that some people ignore this research, and more so that they ignore personal experience stories, and believe that they know more about something they've never done then someone who's done it. What bullshit.

--------------------

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
    #5944355 - 08/08/06 02:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Don't mind these people. If you continue to be inquisitive on the matter you'll quickly realize the extent of their knowledge...

First, ask them "What brain cells are destroyed?" Of course they're most likely not going to know, ask them if the cells are damaged permenantly. They might tell you how brain cells can't come back, like many "officers" of "the Law" might explain...

So why does the word neurogenesis exist in the english dictionary? Explain that LSD-25 works on selective receptor sites within the serotonergic receptor system, and does so as an agonist. LSD "tricks" said sites by being similiar in chemical structure to the intended molecule. Later, it is metabolized (somewhat, right? I'm not sure here.) and excreted. No apparent damage is known to occur.

Then go ahead and remind them, since more than likely they enjoy drinking, that alcohol is a very pervasive molecule and pervades pretty much every region of the body (including the brain) and literally "fucks up" the cells contained within.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: Herbus]
    #5944380 - 08/08/06 02:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

My mother is convinced it was her lsd use in the 70's that created the legions on her brain that showed up in an MRI scan she took. I have never heard evidence to support this, but I am not sure where else these legions would have come from. Is this possible? or were they created by something else you think?

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflinePSylopHiLe
stoner
Male User Gallery

Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: anonymous123]
    #5944398 - 08/08/06 03:00 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dunnen said:
what i hate most about DARE is that they go to schools and talk to kids and the kids are like thanks so much for telling me the danger of drugs. 5 years later the kids are experimenting with drugs, which i think is a part of life, and DARE thinks they actually did something.

Thank you DARE :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Try not to let your mind wander, it might not come back"

OfflinePSylopHiLe
stoner
Male User Gallery

Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: Dark_Star]
    #5944403 - 08/08/06 03:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Actually, it's the opposite....I've found that I learn more, grow more, advance more.....get SMARTER thanks to LSD. Some people are so indoctrinated by the anti-drug hysteria lies that they'll never listen, even when you present them with hard evidence. I've always found it baffling & sad that some people ignore this research, and more so that they ignore personal experience stories, and believe that they know more about something they've never done then someone who's done it. What bullshit.

amen

--------------------
"Try not to let your mind wander, it might not come back"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5944509 - 08/08/06 03:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
My mother is convinced it was her lsd use in the 70's that created the legions on her brain that showed up in an MRI scan she took. I have never heard evidence to support this, but I am not sure where else these legions would have come from. Is this possible? or were they created by something else you think?

lesions
not legions
legions are fighting troops
lesions are ripped torn or damaged tissues.
no way lsd makes lesions in brain.

she may have suffered impact damage or
she may have early onset alzheimers

every one (with lsd or not) loses 1000's of brain cells per day, meantime, hundreds grow larger with new connections penetrating the space that the unused dying cells leave.

lots of mis-information in this area and lots of incomplete analysis too.
brain cells have to die - those would be normally the ones that are not being used. Connections can tunnel through the space left by dying cells.
if you make no new connects then you can get lesions in the left over space.
you could say that not learning anything is associated with growing lesions, but that also is an over simplification of the alzheimers process.

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#5944534 - 08/08/06 03:35 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Indeed, there is no evidence of LSD causing lesions. Ketamine and PCP and DXM are often considered to be potentially responsible for lesions, though the jury is still out on whether or not that is true for humans. Still might be worth asking her what else she experiemented with. But immediately jumping to any recreational drug used decades ago is a bit silly. I'm curious if she is legitimately convinced this is true, or if she simply thinks it's possible, and wants you to think so too.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleFixer
Unconventional
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast, USA
    #5944584 - 08/08/06 03:50 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It's been 29 years since I used LSD and I used it frequently from the ages of 13-17, over 100 times. I don't believe it made me dumb. I became willing to take intellectual risks that I wouldn't have taken previously, and challenge things I wouldn't have challenged before. My self-discovery was incredibly enhanced as well, and I grew from the experiences and conquered personal fears. Nevertheless, it slowed down my processing speed and ability and I got to the point that I would sometimes forget what I was saying mid-sentence. It had no effect on whether I would understand something difficult that I was reading or something like that. But I still find linking a string of subjects which build on each other a conscious chore whereas before I was able to intellectually picture and link each step spontaneously. I stopped because I knew it was causing the slow down. Perhaps I used it too frequently.

OfflineEraserhead
Lost Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
    #5945259 - 08/08/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

alpharedecho said:

lesions
not legions

I don't know about that, I've had a few trips where I thought there were legions on my brain....
they usually dissipated with the end of the trip tho, I doubt they'd stick around for an MRI scan to detect them....
I'm defiantly highly convinced LSD causes legions on the brain...

--------------------

Offlinewortiesbo
Male

Loc: new vegas
Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: Eraserhead]
    #5945311 - 08/08/06 07:17 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Eraserhead said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

alpharedecho said:

lesions
not legions

I don't know about that, I've had a few trips where I thought there were legions on my brain....
they usually dissipated with the end of the trip tho, I doubt they'd stick around for an MRI scan to detect them....

they are talking about real lesions silly  :wink:

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: Eraserhead]
    #5946556 - 08/09/06 04:38 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Eraserhead said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

alpharedecho said:

lesions
not legions

funny that you put it that way.
I get the same impression as well.
but mri's are not tuned to the ephemeral holographic resonance patterns as they fleetingly march through the busy streets of the mind.

--------------------

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5946905 - 08/09/06 09:59 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

Eraserhead said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

alpharedecho said:

lesions
not legions

but mri's are not tuned to the ephemeral holographic resonance patterns as they fleetingly march through the busy streets of the mind.

LOL okay wise guys....anyway, she was probably just trying to scare me away from trying it. She knows I haven't tried it yet, and want to in the future.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

InvisibleUnderNose
all out of bubble gum
 User Gallery

Re: 'LSD makes you dumb' [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #5946943 - 08/09/06 10:14 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

Eraserhead said:
Quote:

redgreenvines said:
Quote:

alpharedecho said:

lesions
not legions

LOL okay wise guys....anyway, she was probably just trying to scare me away from trying it. She knows I haven't tried it yet, and want to in the future.

LSD won't make you stupid.
LSD can't cause lesions.
LSD does enhance creativity which can lead to stupid rumors.
Now there is one more.
OMFG

--------------------
LAGM 2.022

:dna::dna:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds