Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ∞
outdoor patch mycelium
    #5898949 - 07/25/06 05:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

About a month ago i asked about some contaminated cakes from my friends grow and putting them outside in the ground here at my place in a old dump pile from where we dumped the carts after cleaning horse stalls... here are a few pics the notice vermiculite around where i placed the jars its just the dry verm but gives an idea where the cake was placed. This patch of white fuzz is almost 3 and a half feet by a foot. I've had many outdoor patches but none ever took off like this. the top soil in the area is almost completely year or more old horse poop, bedding and hay about 2 feet deep. It recieves moisture from sprinkling of a nearby flower bed. the long grass around the area folds over the patch to keep from getting too hot in the sun its only pulled back for the picture. these pictures were taken within 50 miles of grand rapids, michigan to give an idea of temperature and climate.

IS THIS MYCELLIUM?

EDIT: i forgot my other questions. could i perhaps spread some sphagnum moss around my outdoor patches (not just this one) like to cover it to help keep moisture and whatnot also to help promote growth to further areas. like i said not all my patches spawn like this one has. So my thought is like a casing basically, putting some spaghnum moss over the patch and around the area to help the patch spread and grow bigger and stronger. what about soaking the moss befroe spreading it or stuff to mix in with the moss or other materials to spread altogether. I want to provide the healthiest happiest home for these little guys through the hot summer months.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫
lyrics from: Transglobal Underground - Eyeway Souljah (from Psychic Karaoke)

Edited by tickettothemoon (07/25/06 05:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
Re: outdoor patch mycelium [Re: CosmicFunGuy]
    #5899037 - 07/25/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It doesnt really look like the mycelium I have ever seen it reminds me of a cobweb or a very dense spider web.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: outdoor patch mycelium [Re: mikeownow]
    #5899044 - 07/25/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

> IS THIS MYCELLIUM?

Doesn't look like it to me.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5899056 - 07/25/06 06:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

thats kind of what i thought is why i asked. I am pretty sure it is not a cobweb or spider web, however it may be like cobweb mold or a different kind of mycelium other than psilocybe cubensis is my thought. the thicker white spots are where the horse piles have cracked from aging in the sun over time. only because i bend tall grass over it does it have any sort of cover form the heat of the sun. the area gets more full and whiter everyday. I'm trying to provide all the information about the patch as i can to get as strong of a general consensus as to the patches health as possible. if theres anything anybody would like to know please ask.

--------------------

♫ ♪ In the garden of many fields, there is no me or you. There is no right or wrong. There is no up or down. There is no black or white. Everyone is the plow man. Everyone is the seed. Everyone harvests and everyone yields. In the garden of many fields, everyone is one with one love and one love is one with everyone. ♪ ♫

Invisiblefastfred
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #5899063 - 07/25/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You could bruise a section and see if it turns blue. If it does that would be an almost sure indicator. If not it might still be myc, but probably not.

-FF

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

#5899065 - 07/25/06 06:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Keep it wet and see what happens, maybe some other active specie will grow, or maybe a deadly poisonous =P

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineCosmicFunGuy
ॐconsciousnessॐ
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5899667 - 07/25/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sure its not a web because its growing... its definitely growing. I'll check tomorrow if it bruises i didn't think to do that. It doesn't matter its outside whatever happens with it happens and if it proves to be beneficial its good if not then whatever thats fine too. However, my main inquiry is not answered. About Spaghnum moss (or another casing material of choice) I have 7 outdoor patches currently doing very well but they have stopped getting bigger like they just have hit a bad patch of soil that they dint want to colonize. What would be anyone here who has done outdoor grows, suggestions, if any to promote a larger patch. Like i stated my idea is to put Spaghnum moss on top and around the patch to give it a larger surface area, possibly soaking it before i lay it down. Any suggestions on expanding my current outdoor patches is greatly appreciated.

--------------------

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

#5899792 - 07/25/06 09:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

burried and forgotten.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder