Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhatsthestorymg
badwithgrains

First Attempt - Worried Cakes May Be Drying
    #5890332 - 07/23/06 12:08 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everybody.. i'm on my first attempt to grow this magical fungus. I'm using freshly ground brown rice flour in 1/2 pint jars mixed with vermiculite per the PF recipe, sterilized in a dutch oven with a metal support at the bottom to keep the jars off the bottom of the pan (originally for steaming tamales) for 1 hour 10 minutes with loose jar lids. I'm using the B+ strain. During inoculation the table was sprayed with lysol, and the general area given a good dose of oust. I wore sanitary rubber gloves which were put on using sanatized hands, and a dust mask. So far i've got good mycelial growth in three of the cakes. One is struggling.. but making progress. I'm afraid the cakes might be drying. I made 5 half pint cakes. 4 of them I inoculated with around 3ccs each of the B+ spore water(shaken vigorously between doses), and the 5th I left dry as a control jar.  :mushroom2:

I'm simply afraid they may be drying.. Right after germination they took off with mycelial growth but now they seems to be pulling along rather slowly. The jar with the most growth is only growing on three sides.. how odd.  :mushroom2:

I had read a post on here somewhere where someone proposed injecting distilled water with a sterile syringe. Has anyone attempted this procedure?  :syringe:

Here is a picture of my jars on.. today is day 8

Here is a picture of the terrarium i plan to use.. it was a small plastic reptile terrarium.. i put clear packing tape over all the holes on the inside, filled it with a layer of perlite, and water and bought a double pack that included a humidity, and temperature gauge generally used to monitor reptile cages. I also bought a lightbulb intended for reptiles. It's a daytime spectrum bulb used in my lamp near the terrarium.

--------------------
I pity the fool who don't enjoy a good cubie :mushroom2: :mrt: :mushroom2:
I pity the fool who don't enjoy a good van eyck  :mrt:

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Cattle Prod of Loving Kindness

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: First Attempt - Worried Cakes May Be Drying [Re: whatsthestorymg]
    #5890345 - 07/23/06 12:11 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Don't mess with them. Patience is very important.

InvisibleDrugFreeMan
Oh Yes, theMushies
Male User Gallery

Re: First Attempt - Worried Cakes May Be Drying [Re: whatsthestorymg]
    #5890353 - 07/23/06 12:16 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

It doesnt sound like you did anything that would cause your cakes to dry out.. Its normal for there to be a small amount of condensation in your cakes where they have begun colonizing, so check for that.. Remember it takes about 3 weeks or more for them to fully colonize..

It all looks great to me.. Keep up the good work and good luck.. :smirk: :thumbup:

Edited by DrugFreeMan (07/23/06 12:17 PM)

Invisibleliamtheloser
Advanced Idiot
Male User Gallery
Re: First Attempt - Worried Cakes May Be Drying [Re: Pinhead]
    #5890354 - 07/23/06 12:17 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Your jars aren't getting dry... It's only been 8 days... You'd worry your jars are dry after the 3rd week :P

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder